Just bought a WiiU...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Ok, so I don't want to spam the board with "I just got a Wee-yoo...hurr hurr hurr", but I literally just ordered a WiiU, and I'm getting Zombi U and I ordered The Smurfs game just for the heck of it. Can anyone suggest any good games?

Can anyone also suggest any obscure Wii U games? Also, last question...in the upcoming months, does anyone know of any upcoming games that are highly anticipated?

Keep in mind that I own all 3 Xboxes, PS2, PS3, Psp, Vita alongside Wii and Gamecube plus a few older consoles. I was not that impressed with the Wii after my Mario heart was broken. Please help an Xbawker.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

best most popular games- donkey kong tropical freeze, mario 3d world, pikmin 3, zelda windwaker HD, new super mario bros U

hidden gems- monster hunter 3 ultimate, wonderful 101, rayman legends

fighting games- tekken wiiu edition has hilarious nintendo costumes...and is easier to play than 2d fighters.

guilty pleasures- epic mickey 2(has frame issues), cabelas dangerous hunts(has wiimote gun support)

party games- game and wario, wii party U

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts

Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover would be good addition too, get the 3rd party games that available so far if you don't have them that is, like Assassin Creed III & IV: Black Flag, Darksiders 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Resident Evil Revelation, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Upcoming games so far just Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and Watch Dogs *maybe* that we know for sure , of course there be more games but as now the release forecast is sketchy.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Decent to good games out now:
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Lego City Undercover
- The Wonderful 101
- New Super Mario Bros. U (and New Super Luigi U DLC)
- Child of Light
- Nintendo Land
- Zombi U
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Rayman Legends
- Nano Assault Neo
- Scribblenauts Unlimited

There are some other games, but they are multi-plats that are probably better on other systems, but are still decent on Wii U. For example, COD or Assasin's Creed.

For upcoming games, there actually isn't too much. There is Mario Kart 8, and a bunch of Virtual Console GBA games. Probably a few other smaller titles.

In the distant future we've got at some point:
- Super Smash Bros.
- X (Xenoblades sequel)
- Bayonetta 2
- Hyrule Warriors
- Mighty Number 9

I'd suggest you hang out for the E3 announcements from Nintendo from their digital event in about 5 weeks time. They'll probably announce more games for 2014 and beyond.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  • Rayman Legends
  • Pikmin 3
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Black Ops 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 (probably just go with four though)
  • Various Virtual Console games (Super Metroid, Mario World, etc.)
  • and MAYBE Sonic Lost World
  • Upcoming....
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii U
  • Watch Dogs
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Welcome to Nintendo Wii u family. This is a decent system. You can check out the usual Nintendo first party offerings and the eshop has some interesting games. The 3rd party support is lacking but there is decent games for Wii u. If you like Nintendo games you will be arlight

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XboxStache

@Megavideogamer said:

Welcome to Nintendo Wii u family. This is a decent system. You can check out the usual Nintendo first party offerings and the eshop has some interesting games. The 3rd party support is lacking but there is decent games for Wii u. If you like Nintendo games you will be arlight

Thanks. I just read up that I can play my Wii games on the WiiU as well; so third party doesn't bug me as much. I can't wait for it's arrival. (also, Eshop has TRINE etc so I should be tied up)

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XboxStache

Thanks everyone for all the input.

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QingJao86
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

For obscure games I would go with Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate like a couple other people suggested. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a total blast if you get past the first 2 or so hours. Think of a game where most every fight you engage in is a 15-30 minute (so far that's about the longest it's taken me, but I am still just on the level 3 quests, I have heard they get longer and more exciting) boss fight. Yea, you occasionally have to take some time to collect goods, but that is a small part of the game. I haven't played much Wonderful 101, mostly just the demo and another mid-game part at a friends house, but it seems really fun, weird, and unlike most any other game out there (which I always give points for originality). From what I have heard it is really good... if you can get past the sometimes frustrating controls. Outside of that, I would mostly just suggest the normal Mario/Kart/Zelda type games.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XboxStache

@QingJao86 said:

For obscure games I would go with Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate like a couple other people suggested. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a total blast if you get past the first 2 or so hours. Think of a game where most every fight you engage in is a 15-30 minute (so far that's about the longest it's taken me, but I am still just on the level 3 quests, I have heard they get longer and more exciting) boss fight. Yea, you occasionally have to take some time to collect goods, but that is a small part of the game. I haven't played much Wonderful 101, mostly just the demo and another mid-game part at a friends house, but it seems really fun, weird, and unlike most any other game out there (which I always give points for originality). From what I have heard it is really good... if you can get past the sometimes frustrating controls. Outside of that, I would mostly just suggest the normal Mario/Kart/Zelda type games.

Thanks. I actually disregarded MH3U because I thought it was the same as MH3 for Wii. Now I'll put it on my "to get next" list. :)