Just bought a wii u on bestshop-usa.com

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hereinitoor41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hereinitoor41
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Just bought a wii u. I want to be able to play the Mario games that it comes with my GF as well as other multiplayer titles. Can I use the gamepad and my gf use the wii wand and nunchucks? Or do I need to use the wii wand and nunchucks as well?

Just bought a wii u. I want to be able to play the mario games that it comes with with my GF as well as othrr multiplayer titles. Can i use the gamepad and my gf use the wii wand and nunchucks? Or do i need ti use the wii wand and nun chucks as well

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

If it's New Super Mario Bros U,you both need wii wand

If it's Super Mario 3D World,you can use either.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Welcome to the Wii U family.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

Glad you got a Wii U. Other games to consider are Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, and Splatoon. If you are into old school games; I would recommend Namco Museum (Ms. Pac-Man, Galaxian, Galaga, Pole Position, and Dig-Dug) from the Nintendo e-shop, Fogger Returns from Wii Ware, Arkanoid Plus! from Wii Ware, and Tetris Party from Wii Ware. Art Academy: SketchPad is a good application that makes use of the Gamepad. There are many other good arcade games and other selections in the Nintendo e-shop and Wii Ware stores. I hope you and your girlfriend enjoy your Wii U.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

In NSMB U, in single player, you can play with whatever controller (gamepad, pro controller, Wii remote). In multiplayer, you both need a Wii Remote if you both want to run around and jump. You can have one player with the gamepad and the other with a Wii Remote. But you can play in gamepad mode (which means you use a touch screen to put blocks around) while the other player using the Wii Remote can run around.

Mario 3D World you can use whatever controller you want to play.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is another multiplayer platformer, but it might be a bit too difficult in multiplayer mode.