Iwata: New Development Center Lets Nintendo Make Products

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

What do you think of this? It looks like great news for making new hardware and software for Nintendo.

Iwata: By building the Development Center, we were able to concentrate our development teams here (at the Development Center). One of the characteristics of Nintendo is that both the hardware and software development teams are in one building, making it easier to exchange thoughts and opinions with each other even though they are on different floors. By giving each other advice and inspiring each other, the development teams develop products that astonish and entertain the world; therefore, I believe building the Development Center was truly meaningful to consolidate our development teams.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237599-iwata-new-development-center-lets-nintendo-make-products-that-a

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Its a smart idea. Their handheld and console teams were like 2 different console maker teams. It was way too fragmented. This also could signify that they are unifying both their teams for their new system the NX. Software droughts should be a thing of the past now. This might be the most significant thing that Nintendo has done for their systems in years.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@bunchanumbers: While I dont think it will fix software droughts at all, hopefully it means that everything will be more cohesive

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@the_funyarinpa said:

@bunchanumbers: While I dont think it will fix software droughts at all, hopefully it means that everything will be more cohesive

I think it will. Lets say that this fusion concept happened with 3DS and Wii U. Both systems would have been packed with fantastic first year exclusives. Everything from SM3DW, to Star Fox 64 and OoT remasters. If the fusion concept happened at launch then I think that Wii U would be in a different situation than it is now.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Nice, sounds like a good plan.

trugs26

Forum Posts