Is Zombie U still worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I know Zombie U was the more prominent Wii U launch title, but I was wondering upon a year's chance to reflect if it's still considered worth getting. Any of you who might have picked it up, what do you think? You still play it? Is it still fun?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Yeah, it's a great game as long as you know what you're getting into. It's slower paced than most recent zombie games, and it's less about the mechanics of the combat than it is about simply keeping yourself alive as long as possible while still making progress.

And if you have some friends to play with, the multiplayer can be a ton of fun

I don't think ZombiU was praised simply because it was one of the few decent launch titles. It's unique and well made.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well there is a demo if you're concerned about getting it or not. I actually never got it, only played the demo. The demo did its job and scared me - hence why I didn't want to play the entire game :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@JordanElek said:

Yeah, it's a great game as long as you know what you're getting into. It's slower paced than most recent zombie games, and it's less about the mechanics of the combat than it is about simply keeping yourself alive as long as possible while still making progress.

And if you have some friends to play with, the multiplayer can be a ton of fun

I don't think ZombiU was praised simply because it was one of the few decent launch titles. It's unique and well made.

yeah, I watched a review and they say how when you die you just wake up as another survivor, that it really isn't about a single character and it's about surviving as long as you can (but expect to die!), I think I can dig that

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#5 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

Yes its very worth it, i had so much fun with that game, gonna play it again sometime on hard.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Considering you can probably find it for 10 or 20 bucks now, it's definitely one of the best games on the system. Whether that's attributed to the game's quality or the Wii U's lack of software is up to you.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Considering you can probably find it for 10 or 20 bucks now, it's definitely one of the best games on the system. Whether that's attributed to the game's quality or the Wii U's lack of software is up to you.

This. The game should be pretty cheap now and for 20 dollars I highly recommend it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

zombie U its good game go for it

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

I wondered this as well. Glad to hear that so many still likes it. I might get it if I find the right price. We need more horror games with zombies.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'd say rent it. After you beat the game, there's not much to go back to and multiplayer is terrible. It's a lot of fun on your first go. Don't think of it as a Left 4 Dead type of game, though. You need to think about where and how to handle zombies in the smallest quantity possible - not plow through them guns blazing.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#11 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I would go with a lot here and say since it's cheap now and if you're a big Zombie love, then go for it but you've seen the reviews so you know what to expect. I mean in my experience, I've played games that got medicore reviews and loved them while at the same time playing stuff that got 9s and 10s that I didn't care for.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12  Edited By enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

@lamprey263: The game is still great by itself. You can play it a lot of times and get really good at it, but still enjoy it. Maybe the community is not as lively as original but go ahead and try it, now is at a very good price!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Two words I'd use to describe this game are quaint and cozy.

A survival game, like this, offers a compelling story and interesting environments that aren't too overwhelming. You still feel trapped wherever you go. it's a few steps above the L4D series which offered a very simplistic approach to survival. You have numerous interactions with people, weapon upgrades, etc..,

I would play through it again.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

i really enjoyed this game good atmosphere and plotting, its best to be approached like you would with a game like dark souls rather then trying to be rambo

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

did not enjoy the demo at all. so imo dont get it, instead get splintercell or assassin creed 4

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

I recommend downloading the demo in the Nintendo eshop before you buy it.

It is the type of game you will either love or hate.