Is Dr. Mario Miracle Cure worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

I just bought Zenonia and it's okay so far. I also have Legend of Zelda DX: Link's Awakening. I played the demo of Azure Striker Gunvolt, but I heard it's too short. I am wondering what other games might be worth it to get on the eshop? I like metroidvania and rpgs.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@pacific90: Affordable Space Adventures, Shovel Knight, Adventures of Pip, Steamworld Dig, Shantae And The Pirate's Curse, Stealth Inc 2, Mighty Switch Force, and Guacamelee!

Golden Sun, Elliot Quest, Mario & Luigi RPGs, Fire Emblem RPGs, Earthbound, and Paper Mario.

Those are some popular eShop games. good RPGs are a little harder to find on there so i had to throw in some throwbacks. But those should be some good ones to check out.

As for Dr. Mario Miracle im not sure, ive never been big into puzzle type games like Tetris etc, it looks fun though. So far i hear people are enjoying it, saying is a good Dr.Mario game, but since ive never played any, im not sure.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I spent over 20 hours with Azure Striker Gunvolt. If you like learning a game inside and out and mastering its mechanics, you'll LOVE that game. It's not about rushing through to the end. If that's your goal, it'll be short and pretty pointless. But if you like figuring out how to maximize the potential in a game, it's great. It's brilliantly designed. (Blatant plug: here's my review if you're interested.)

If you really like Metroidvania games, look into Toki Tori 2. It replaces the combat in Metroid with puzzles, but it's an absolute masterclass in game design. Instead of gaining new abilities, you gain new knowledge about how the world works, and you're able to progress that way. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pacific90

Anyone actually have dr mario and can give their opinion of it?

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pacific90

oh i read the review 50 maps makes it sound like it might get repetitive. i think i will get azure striker gunvolt instead and eventually mighty switch force 2