internet sharing error(6) [wi-fi USB connector]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

ok, i know im probably supposed to use the "wi-fi thread" for this, but i looked through page after page of that and essentially it was nothing but garbage, so here i am.

another guy just posted another thread about the same thing, but his thread was called "wi-fi connector being discontinued" or something to that effect.

so, basically ive had my connector for about a month, it was fine, and all of a sudden it just stopped working. no reason. now it just gives me an error sound when i plug it in, and when i try to reinstall it gives me another error (internet sharing error(6).), and the install app. fails.

nintendo via phone/email are useless, as they have told me to just download the latest version of the software, and to follow the instructions. (yeah, big help there.. as if the connector i bought brand new a month ago wasnt bundled with updated software, anyway.) but i did just what they said, and it hasnt helped one bit.

for the record, i never had to adjust network settings when it worked before, so i figure i shouldnt have to do it now, either.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IF SO, WHAT DO I DO???

..AND DOES ANYONE FIND IT THE LEAST BIT CONVENIENT THAT IT STOPS WORKING THE SAME TIME AS ITS DISCONTINUATION?!?

ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
the same with me it worked when i got it but had disconnected randomly so i updated it and it made it not work completley
master_haxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 master_haxer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

lol i'm just gonna give up on my wii fi seems like no one's works. mine just works for like 5 minuts then it shuts off and i'v shut off all the firewalls and nortan and still don't work and my router don't either. i just think its not worth all the trouble for internet on wii just get an xbox 360 if u wanna do online gaming lol