Interest for a new Star Fox & F-Zero

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I'd like to know how high is the interest for new entries in these series for the WiiU among the community here.

Would you like to see them materialize?

If so, how should they be like?

Would you like a return to the rail-shooter roots for Star Fox (Star Fox SNES, 64, Command) or would you like the concept expanded? (i.e. on-foot combat like in Assault, adventuring like in Adventures, freeroaming like in Rogue Squadron, ect.)

Would you like F-Zero to continue where GX left or be more newcommer-friendly?

Also, in what ways would you like to see the WiiU GamePad used?

Discuss.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I'd love a second Starfox Advantures, as I loved the first, it's the only game in the series I enjoyed.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I want a F-zero with 32 players online.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

make fzero more like the snes version...as the poster above me said...add some online..

starfox? whatever they do i will like....i liked adventures and assault..

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'd probably buy a new FZero day one. Star Fox has had a very rocky past few releases, I'd be much more cautious with it.
I'd love a second Starfox Advantures, as I loved the first, it's the only game in the series I enjoyed.spike6958
I'd be willing to give Star Fox Adventures another go. It was a decent action adventure.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'd love for a new F-Zero. New Starfox, not so much.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Put fox McCloud in Fzero.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I'm somewhat interested in StarFox.

I want a F-zero with 32 players online.Fightingfan
This. This. All of this.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

idk why, but I love your sig.. not even a MLP fan.
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

A new Starfox Adventures would be fantastic. An on rails shooter I'd probably pick up when it's cheap. New F Zero would be fantastic too. If it was just like the Gamecube version with modern graphics I'd be happy.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

VERY interested in F-Zero

Somewhat interested in Star Fox

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife

A new Starfox Adventures would be fantastic. An on rails shooter I'd probably pick up when it's cheap. New F Zero would be fantastic too. If it was just like the Gamecube version with modern graphics I'd be happy.

bulby_g

Spot on with my opinion.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts
I'd love for a new F-Zero. New Starfox, not so much.JustPlainLucas
This.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I want a F-zero with 32 players online.Fightingfan
As long as the battle engine is like 64 and not like GX then it should be great.

Me personally, I'm more interested in a new Kirby's Dream Course, Uniracers, Stunt Race FX and dare I say, maybe Nintendo can even go so far as to go the Mechwarrior/Armored Core route and bring back Vortex and make it into a Mission based open world Mech Battle MMO.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
The only Star Fox I like is Adventures, so unless the series goes back to that, I have zero interest for a sequel. As for F-Zero, I love the flashy graphics, but other than that it's just a cheap racer.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I am extremely excited for Retro Studios Starfox HD Wii U game.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd want an F-zero more than a starfox, but it wouldn't bother me if neither happened quite honestly.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meetroid8

Master_Of_Fools

And what makes you think that's ever going to happen?
[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Sword-Demon

Perhaps you're just a big fan of milkshakes?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"] And what makes you think that's ever going to happen? [QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] meetroid8

I usually like my milkshakes to stay in my glass.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Highly interested in both.

Master_Of_Fools
That would be great but they're probably working on another Metroid game.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I'm excited and hopeful for a Starfox game this era(if it's not like Starfox Adventures), but a Fzero Game wouldn't be bad either.
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Master_Of_Fools

And what makes you think that's ever going to happen? [QUOTE="Sword-Demon"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] Master_Of_Fools

Few things. Retro said they are working on something we all want. They also said "There will be barrel rolling." If not Starfox then Donkey Kong. Nothing else has Barrel Rolling. They just did Donkey Kong so that wont happen. Retro is all about reviving nintendos franchises that get left behind. Metroid then Donkey Kong. So its onto reviving a new series. Plus when it comes to Nintendo stuff the chances of me being wrong...is roughly 1 time per system generation. I new about Miiverse, 2 Wii U gamepads being the maximum the system can handle and Wonderful 101 for a good 7 months before they were revealed. I may not have known the names of these at the time but I know my stuff Either don't believe me and get proven wrong that I was right like always or believe me and get aboard the hype train.

If by some chance it turns out to Metroid Prime 4, dont think for a second I wont be excited though.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Yes! Too hell with Mario, give love to the other series!....
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Me personally, I'm more interested in a new Kirby's Dream Course, Uniracers, Stunt Race FX and dare I say, maybe Nintendo can even go so far as to go the Mechwarrior/Armored Core route and bring back Vortex and make it into a Mission based open world Mech Battle MMO. nini200

I'd love to see Nintendo try their hands at making another Top Gear game. I see it being Nintendo's exclusive way of competing against the Dirt and Forza series besides the games you mentioned....

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 meetroid8

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"] And what makes you think that's ever going to happen? [QUOTE="Sword-Demon"] idk why, but I love your sig.. not even a MLP fan.Master_Of_Fools

They just did Donkey Kong so that wont happen.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was hugely successful, it would be downright stupid for them not to make another. Also, they worked on three Metroid titles before moving on to a new franchise. Their turnover rate is fairly slow.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Of_Fools

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"] Perhaps you're just a big fan of milkshakes?meetroid8

They just did Donkey Kong so that wont happen.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was hugely successful, it would be downright stupid for them not to make another. Also, they worked on three Metroid titles before moving on to a new franchise. Their turnover rate is fairly slow.

They revive games. Metroid has been revived. Donkey Kong has been revived. They got a bigger office and more devs working there now. They are moving onto the next game that needs to be revived. Mark my words its Starfox. I am so sure that if by some fluke chance its not, I will retire from gaming forever. But thanks to NDA I have nothing to fear.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Put fox McCloud in Fzero. Heirren

His dad is in F-Zero...at least a person with the same name and an Arwing looking car.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Put fox McCloud in Fzero. thetravman

His dad is in F-Zero...at least a person with the same name and an Arwing looking car.

I'm pretty sure James McCloud is a parody of Fox..

nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
It's about damn time they made a NEW starfox game more like starfox 64. NOT A REMAKE!!! I want something new! but like starfox 64; imagine what it could be like on the wii u
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

They just did Donkey Kong so that wont happen.Master_Of_Fools

They revive games. Metroid has been revived. Donkey Kong has been revived. They got a bigger office and more devs working there now. They are moving onto the next game that needs to be revived. Mark my words its Starfox. I am so sure that if by some fluke chance its not, I will retire from gaming forever. But thanks to NDA I have nothing to fear.

They also make sequels to games they've revived, and even original IP's for a little while there too. Your certainty confuses me, there's very little evidence, if any, indicating they're working on the Star Fox franchise.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Donkey Kong Country Returns was hugely successful, it would be downright stupid for them not to make another. Also, they worked on three Metroid titles before moving on to a new franchise. Their turnover rate is fairly slow.meetroid8

They also make sequels to games they've revived, and even original IP's for a little while there too. Your certainty confuses me, there's very little evidence, if any, indicating they're working on the Star Fox franchise.

To chime into this conversation, what else could they be working on? It's very likely that they are.
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Master_Of_Fools

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]Donkey Kong Country Returns was hugely successful, it would be downright stupid for them not to make another. Also, they worked on three Metroid titles before moving on to a new franchise. Their turnover rate is fairly slow.meetroid8

They said its something they (Fans) want them to make. They said There will be barrel rolling. As well as other tidbits that cant be stated.

Its freaking Starfox.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i want a new starfox, but i want something more in line with assault, except with more variety. if it was just a rail shooter that i can finish in half an hour, like 64 is, i'd pass. assault also had an incredibly fun, robust multiplayer. as for F-zero, i want something absurdly fast with amazing track design, like GX. i miss the rock soundtrack though, so they should go back to that. as for single player difficulty, yeah story mode could use some difficulty options. can't say i care about the gamepad being used. i guess it would make weapon selecting more simple in assault, given that you can carry any weapon you find, eventually you'd have to cycle through 10 different weapons to find the one you wanted.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 meetroid8

They said its something they (Fans) want them to make. They said There will be barrel rolling. As well as other tidbits that cant be stated.

Its freaking Starfox.Master_Of_Fools
Fans want them to make everything from Zelda to new IP's, that doesn't point to Star Fox anymore than it does to any other franchise. Barrel rolling could easily apply to Donkey Kong, which seems like the most likely candidate, given the last's success. [QUOTE="Foxi911"] To chime into this conversation, what else could they be working on?

Donkey Kong.
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Master_Of_Fools

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Its freaking Starfox.meetroid8
Fans want them to make everything from Zelda to new IP's, that doesn't point to Star Fox anymore than it does to any other franchise. Barrel rolling could easily apply to Donkey Kong, which seems like the most likely candidate, given the last's success.
To chime into this conversation, what else could they be working on? Foxi911
Donkey Kong.

You are just a stubborn hardheaded individual arent you. If only I could prove it to you. But alas legally I cannot.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"] Fans want them to make everything from Zelda to new IP's, that doesn't point to Star Fox anymore than it does to any other franchise. Barrel rolling could easily apply to Donkey Kong, which seems like the most likely candidate, given the last's success. [QUOTE="Foxi911"] To chime into this conversation, what else could they be working on? Master_Of_Fools

Donkey Kong.

You are just a stubborn hardheaded individual arent you. If only I could prove it to you. But alas legally I cannot.

Not really, I just haven't seen sufficient evidence indicating that they are working on Star Fox. If I did, I'd change my mind.