I wear glasses for reading and for watching TV...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

But when i need to read text or small print like the wii u screen I have to put my reading glasses on for the short distance,when I use the TV set to play a game I use my long distance glasses... NOW HOW THE F.... AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS WII U HAVING TO SWAP MY GLASSES IN ORDER TO VIEW THE SCREEN EVERY 10 SECONDS!.

Brilliant Nintendo! I have to cancel my order because its just not going to work out for me. shame.:cool::!::cry:

I Have a pre order with the premium zombie U pack.. I think I will stick with it and then try to sell it in the local paper for an extra 100,worse case,I get the same price I pay for the pre order. IM pissed about my sh... eyes tho.

#2 Posted by videog (327 posts) -

But when i need to read text or small print like the wii u screen I have to put my reading glasses on for the short distance,when I use the TV set to play a game I use my long distance glasses... NOW HOW THE F.... AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS WII U HAVING TO SWAP MY GLASSES IN ORDER TO VIEW THE SCREEN EVERY 10 SECONDS!.

Brilliant Nintendo! I have to cancel my order because its just not going to work out for me. shame.:cool::!::cry:

I Have a pre order with the premium zombie U pack.. I think I will stick with it and then try to sell it in the local paper for an extra 100,worse case,I get the same price I pay for the pre order. IM pissed about my sh... eyes tho.

bronze_earth

I really don't know what to say to this because I son't have glasses. Try playing a someone elses Wii U and see how it works out for you.

#3 Posted by Heirren (19681 posts) -
Aren't there specific glasses for that?
#4 Posted by KnightSkull (1481 posts) -

You should get a pair of varifocals. Problem solved.

#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (38210 posts) -

Aren't there specific glasses for that?Heirren

Yes there are, bifocals

This has to be a joke thread

#6 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

Get bifocals.

#7 Posted by Videodogg (12611 posts) -

I wear bi-focals and i have no problem with Wii U.

#8 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Get bifocals.

nintendoman562
#9 Posted by Celsius765 (794 posts) -

do you mean you needed glasses to play wii games or did you play the wiiu at a gamestop or some other retailer.i know text is damn hard to read on standard definition tvs and for some reason game devs insist on using white text or some other light color making it harder to see the text

#10 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
A monocle and top hat will solve your problem.
#11 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Brilliant Nintendo! I have to cancel my order because its just not going to work out for me. shame.:cool::!::cry:bronze_earth

Wait a second ...

Did you like, just receive this diagnosis regarding your vision correction?

Why would you pre order it in the first place if this condition already existed?

#12 Posted by spike6958 (5136 posts) -
A monocle and top hat will solve your problem.OreoMilkshake
Agreed. All of the worlds problems would be solved if more people wore Monocle's and Top Hats.
#13 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Aren't there specific glasses for that?Jaysonguy

Yes there are, bifocals

This has to be a joke thread

No Joke,I know about Bifocals,I should have mentioned that I find it hard to balance wearing Bifocals so they are not prescribed for me because of that reason,they kinda throw me off balance and are dangerous to wear walking down stairs etc. What I meant was Do you think I will have a problem looking at the game-pad screen...will I be able to read it with the glasses I use watching TV and everyday life or would i find myself having to reach for my other glasses. I guess Im f***** using the pad. I wont be the only person with this problem im sure. That said,I am still looking forwards to the 30th.

#14 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

[QUOTE="bronze_earth"]Brilliant Nintendo! I have to cancel my order because its just not going to work out for me. shame.:cool::!::cry:psymon100

Wait a second ...

Why would you pre order it in the first place if this condition already existed?

I couldn't bring myself to cancel so Im still excited for the 30th and the reason I went ahead knowing I had this was the simple fact I want the latest console and hoped the icons on screen on the pad would be large enough for me to read wearing the same glasses.IF I can not use it I guess I still have the other pad to use or I could sell it before xmas worse case.

Because nintendo does not give out the size of the icons in the pad screen and I wouldn't expect them to,I will have to buy one and have hands on...hope this answers your question about my question.

#15 Posted by perfectdark69 (25 posts) -

bronze_earth
Don't use the gamepad .... use the wiimote or the pro controller
#16 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="bronze_earth"]Brilliant Nintendo! I have to cancel my order because its just not going to work out for me. shame.:cool::!::cry:bronze_earth

Wait a second ...

I couldn't bring myself to cancel so Im still excited for the 30th and the reason I went ahead knowing I had this was the simple fact I want the latest console and hoped the icons on screen on the pad would be large enough for me to read wearing the same glasses.IF I can not use it I guess I still have the other pad to use or I could sell it before xmas worse case.

Because nintendo does not give out the size of the icons in the pad screen and I wouldn't expect them to,I will have to buy one and have hands on...hope this answers your question about my question.

Yes that does answer it, thanks man.

OK, well, I hope it works out for you. I wear spectacles for distance, but I don't need them up close. When I'm Xboxing and looking up sh!t on my smart phone, I don't take my glasses off between. Obviously - your myopia is not necessarily identical to mine!

GOOD LUCK MAN!

#17 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
The fact that you have this problem and do not know of bifocal lenses makes me think you are making up the problem for the sake of criticizing Nintendo. It isn't Nintendo's problem your eyes suck. They aren't going to make a special exception for the vision impaired. Blind people don't b!tch and whine that they can't play games... they just do it and probably play way better than you.
#18 Posted by djwood84 (468 posts) -
A monocle and top hat will solve your problem.OreoMilkshake
Someone get this superman a beer, quickly! LMFAO! Monocles FTW!