I can't decide on whether to get the last wave of Smash Amiibos.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

So my girlfriend works at Nintendo and she's gotten me every single Super Smash Bros Amiibo so far, all 39 of them. I have 42 total because I also had her get me Gold Mario, Silver Mario and Toad. She gets them each for $10 a piece so it's not like I am having to pay those lucrative scalper prices.

The problem is, for about the last 15 or so of them, I've been really not wanting to buy them because even though they're cheap, I feel like they're a big waste of money. Considering I leave them in the mint condition new in box packaging for collection purposes, I'm never going to get to use them. The only thing that's been driving me to buy more is easy accessibility, cheap prices and the fact that I feel obligated to complete the Super Smash Bros set considering I've gotten this far.

Money isn't an issue, it's just that I'm looking at these things pile up and in a way I just view it as junk. My girlfriend is waiting for my decision right now. I need to text her within a few hours with my decision. I'm deciding whether or not to buy Olimar, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, the Retro 3 Pack including Duck Hunt/ROB/Mr. Game and Watch, along with the 2 retro 8-bit Mario Amiibos. It would cost $100 total, but that's $100 spent on something I subconsciously do not want but feel obligated to buy.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I say get them. I know you feel like you don't want them right now, but I guarantee that it'll eat away at you not having the complete set. Besides, you could always open them if you wanted to display them properly/use them in games, or if you could wait a month or two and if you still feel like they where a waste of money sell them on eBay closer to Christmas and make some money off them.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

you dont need every single one...

just get your favorites.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 arkephonic

I decided not to get them. It's kinda sad but whatever

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm addicted, so even if I don't like the character I have to get them. R.O.B. is actually one of the better amiibo in my opinion, but I never play with him as a character and actually really don't like him very much. The Mii Fighters suck too, but lo and behold, I imported them for a cheap price.

I get it though. If you're not really into these things 100 bucks can go a long way toward other stuff you may actually need. Luckily I have the disposable income to indulge in these mofos. Barely enough, but enough haha.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The three pack released yesterday is the nicest in terms of retro and I'd enjoy seeing more retro themed amiibo. Duck Hunt is probably the nicest of the three and ROB is quite detailed. Mr. Game & Watch is one I can take or leave but it does come with three additional poses.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By arkephonic

I ended up getting them all except for Bowser Jr and Ganondorf but I'll grab them sooner or later. I'm trying to complete the Super Smash Bros line so I still need to get Ganondorf, Bowser Jr, Mewtwo, Falco, Mii 3 Pack, Lucas, Roy and Ryu. The end is in sight.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arkephonic

For some reason it made me make another post to add this picture.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I think you made the right choice. You were so close to finishing, and money is no issue. May as well finish it off.