How Nintendo might survive as third-party

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

On the PC side of things at least, Nintendo would have a client much like Steam or Origin through which we can buy games. And knowing Nintendo, they might make it so that we can only play using an official Nintendo-branded controller. At least this is my idea. What about you? What do you think Nintendo might do in the event they go third-party?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@LauriAJ: As a 90-some-odd poster, welcome to the boards, dude... But as a newcomer, let me explain that this topic comes up once a week, and it's getting a little old at this point... Nintendo has too many billions (yes, billions) of dollars to go third party.... It's not going to happen. It's not going to happen. It's not going to happen............. Annnnndddddd..... It's not going to happen. I wish this topic was banned at this point. Not your fault, but once again.... welcome to the boards.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

Nintendo is to prideful and to stupid to not go 3rd party. I know a ton of people that only own Playstations and Xboxs and would love to buy Nintendo games but don't want to have to buy a Nintendo system to play them. They may have billions but they sure don't mind wasting it on hardware research and development, and manufacturing because no matter what you have some diehard fanboys that will buy it no matter what. I have bought every Nintendo system day 1 except for the NES and this is the first time I may not. Nintendo is really going to have to be impressive in order for me to fork over more money considering I bought the Wiiu, Ps4 and the Xbox One.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

How Nintendo likely won't survive as a third party...

-catering to an audience that just doesn't care about them (and shouldn't care, with the way they "don't listen to fans")

-risk of quality losing it

Again, Russian Roulette with a full load.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Nintendo heads have stated that they'll let the company go under before they ever go third-party.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Nintendo has too much money and too many options before going 3rd party. I just don't see it happening. I could see a Nintendo branded Steam Machine before I see them just giving up hardware. Even then with their stranglehold on handhelds.... the odds of them becoming 3rd party is just too small.