Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arccai
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting Switch, and Zelda.

But I got abit surprised when I saw that there were only one HDMI output, and no optical.

My equipment.

Display: Benq W1070

Sound: Logitech Z906

There wasen't any issue connecting this with my PS4.

Display

Projector> HDMI> Console

Audio

Console> Optical(Toslink)> Sub

But what do you do when your subwoofer dosen't have any HDMI outputs, and the console has only one HDMI port that must be used for the display.

Would an AV converter may be an option?

https://www.conrad.se/AV-Konverter-SpeaKa-Professional-HDMI-ARC-%5bHDMI-HDMI,-Toslink%5d-3840-x-2160-pix.htm?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=1339686&ci=SHOP_AREA_1189114_1320013

So I was just wondering if there were any experienced people here that could confirm if this would work, so i dont throw the money away :/

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

well your speaker system was made specifically for PCs.

those are PC speakers.

it's very smart of sony and xbox1 to include a optical out. nintendo didnt include one in wiiu and also didnt include an ethernet port. this seems to be the case again.

ive never had a problem because i dont connect my nintendo systems to my speakers. i always connect them to my tv directly. i dont care to have surround sound or better audio quality. i don't know why.
maybe it's because my reciever hdmi slots are all filled up by blu-ray, ultra hd blu-ray and sacd/dvdA players....

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this thing you want to buy

https://www.conrad.se/AV-Konverter-SpeaKa-Professional-HDMI-ARC-%5bHDMI-HDMI,-Toslink%5d-3840-x-2160-pix.htm?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=1339686&ci=SHOP_AREA_1189114_1320013

might work for your setup but you wont know until you try it.