Gamestop 3DS trade in deal.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sportyfamilycar (203 posts) -

I saw on Gamestops website that they are offering trade in deals if you trade your DS and buy the 3ds.

here : www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

I have the Original Nintendo DS and it seems they would knock $40 off the 3DS price tag. Is this a good deal for the original DS?

What all is required when you trade systems in to Gamestop? Do I need boxes,manuals,etc?

thanks

#2 Posted by istuffedsunny (6986 posts) -
Just the console and charger I'm pretty sure. Is it a good deal? Yeah if you don't mind how its DS emulation works. I'm actually selling my DS Lite and buying a new one instead of a 3DS. They're just $100 now
#3 Posted by rapidshot20 (160 posts) -

I saw on Gamestops website that they are offering trade in deals if you trade your DS and buy the 3ds.

here : www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

I have the Original Nintendo DS and it seems they would knock $40 off the 3DS price tag. Is this a good deal for the original DS?

What all is required when you trade systems in to Gamestop? Do I need boxes,manuals,etc?

thanks

Sportyfamilycar
I think it's a good deal, if you don't sell it now then later on the original DS might only be worth $5.
#4 Posted by Sportyfamilycar (203 posts) -

it seemed like a good deal to me. does the 3ds not emulate very well?

#5 Posted by PEELEDbanana (2053 posts) -

Sportyfamilycar
I poked around in Pokemon Black, it took a second or two to load the game, but other than that, it was fine for me.
#6 Posted by Sportyfamilycar (203 posts) -

OK thanks. I have only about 7 DS games and I'm sure they'll do fine on the 3ds,but yea I'll call my Gamestop in the coming days and see if they'll accept the trade in, $40 for a original DS doesnt seem bad at all. Whoever gets it though is getting a mint Nintendo DS as it is flawless.

#8 Posted by Ovirew (6923 posts) -

You usually don't need the boxes and manuals and whatnot to trade something in. Some games that have peripherals and stuff, they may require you to have both things there to sell them... Usually it's best to bring everything you have and go through it with them at the desk.

However, you might actually get more trade-in credit if you do have these things, and in good condition. It might be a few cents, it might be a few dollars, but every bit helps.

The 3DS recently dropped in price, so getting trade-in credit towards a 3DS would help out even more. I seem to think I recall that the system now retails at $160.00 instead of $250.00, so you'd be getting it for $120.00 (???) which is even better.

#9 Posted by brianf408 (25 posts) -

Think it would be worth trading my DSi to get the 3DS for $109.99? Or try to sell it separately and just buy a 3DS?

#10 Posted by DARKNESSxEAGLE (489 posts) -
Just the console and charger I'm pretty sure. Is it a good deal? Yeah if you don't mind how its DS emulation works. I'm actually selling my DS Lite and buying a new one instead of a 3DS. They're just $100 nowistuffedsunny

There are emulation issues? I've been playing loads of ds games on it and I haven't noticed anything. Other than maybe connecting to another DS and the internet.

#11 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Sportyfamilycar

Because of the resolution differences DS games look stretched on the 3DS screen but there is some trick to play that at their normal resolution. I do not know what it is but one of the helpful chaps around here is bound to post it.