FFIV Advance vs. FFIV DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

airapostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 airapostle
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey y'all, after recently playing bravely default, I decided I wanted some more old school jrpg flavor. I want to play FFIV (being a casual final fantasy fan I've never played through it) but I'm not sure which version to play. The DS version looks pretty fantastic and I found it for cheap, but it also looks like it moves at a very slow pace, which might be deal breaker.

FFIV advance moves lightning quick by comparison and I can play it for free. But its not as shiny as the DS version and I like the shiny. Plus I've read its got a fair amount of bugs and such. So what should I do? Be a purist and play the original? Or go with the shiny?

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I played the DS version years after playing Final Fantasy IV (or "II" lol) on the Super Nintendo. I way prefer the DS version for its better presentation and added features. That's one of my games I don't see myself ever selling or getting rid of.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I own both versions. The GBA version has quite a few bugs, some that affect the game heavily, like characters not executing commands. The DS has superior presentation, music. The GBA version does have cool bonus extra hard dungeons and other added stuff. They are both worth owning IMO.

airapostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 airapostle
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

thanks! I'm leaning towards the DS version as my first play through, and then playing the original for kicks sometime in the future. Is there some way to turn off the voice acting in the DS version? I'm not a huge fan of it