Error Code 52140

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hamnut
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

Please help, I am using a USB connector, Shaw, and I can't connect. I can setup the USB but I can't actually connect. It changes my name to like [][][][][][][] and when I look on the program it says it's working fine but then right at the end it goes to 0 bars.. Anyone help, I'm desperate.

lfckickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lfckickass
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I had this one too. I manually switched the channel to fixed, then set it to channel one in the windows device manager. I then bridged the internet connection and the usb-connector and switched the firewall off during testing. That did the trick. I could even switch the firewall back on after the test. As for the funny signs, I have them to, but it's not really a problem..
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11917 Posts
If you still can't get it to work call N and keep them on the phone until it works.  Good luck.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts

If you still can't get it to work call N and keep them on the phone until it works. Good luck.gatsbythepig

Yes do that. 

Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts
Ya nintendo is great about helping out its costumers with their troubles:)
nsj0806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 nsj0806
Member since 2006 • 2433 Posts

it might be because TV messes up the Signal so just move the Wii out from under the TV (if thats were it is)

thats all i had to do, but i have a Wireless Modem not the USB thing 

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Ah certain isps are incomptabile with the usb connector. Some of the isps you can do a workaround.

Also you have to put in the latest firmware for the usb. The versions that come on the discs don't work with the wii.

Look on the offical Nintendo site for the info you need to find the website with the latest version of the usb connector software.

Also search the offical Nintendo forums for the usb workarounds on the incomptabile isps.

guidono123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 guidono123
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

I had this one too. I manually switched the channel to fixed, then set it to channel one in the windows device manager. I then bridged the internet connection and the usb-connector and switched the firewall off during testing. That did the trick. I could even switch the firewall back on after the test. As for the funny signs, I have them to, but it's not really a problem..lfckickass

i had this usb wifi connector problem. i hadve the same error code. lfckickass plz tell me how you did what u did

Rimsa_Laded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rimsa_Laded
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I have the same problem. How do you get this to work?
bummel13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bummel13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I was getting the same error code when the wii tried to connect to the wi-fi connector. I went to start, control panel, then network connections, Nintendo Wi-Fi connector, properties, advanced tab, settings, advanced tab; then I unchecked which ever 'Local Area Connection' was the Nintendo Wi-Fi connector (for me it was local area connection 2). Then I clicked ok on all the tabs to exit and tested the connection between the Wii and the Wi-Fi connector. It solved the whole problem. Hope this is helpful ;)