Error Code 50299

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by trugs26 (6141 posts) -

Hi there.

Recently when playing CoD: WaW I went to go online and it came up with that error code - 50299. Same with Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City.

I've gone to the Nintendo website and everything... It just tells me to reconfigure my wireless settings to channel 1 or 11, and change my broadcast settings to "G", "B" or mixed. Which is what it has been on, and still is.

Also it says that microwaves and wireless phones may be interfering. Which I have made sure that they have been turned off.

It's just weird.. It was working fine, and now suddenly it won't work. It's been like this for about 3 weeks now. Any ideas anyone?

#2 Posted by JP_ (12876 posts) -
Make sure the internet connection is correct
#3 Posted by trugs26 (6141 posts) -

Could you elaborate?

#4 Posted by JebranRush (1401 posts) -

Go through some of these things:

• Reset your router. Turn it off (if it doesn't have a button or switch, unplug), leave it off for about 30 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Make sure all your connections are inserted properly.
  • Go to your Wii and check your internet settings. Create a new connection, select your router when it shows up, and then test the connection.

If it still doesn't work, then I'm sure what the problem might be.

#5 Posted by bad_carnage (75 posts) -

if what the guy above me didn't worked, maybe you should call your internet provider, quite a while ago something like that happened to me... good luck!

#6 Posted by JoInfo (31 posts) -

I don't know exactly what that code means, but Nintendo has a customer service number you could call. The number is 1-800-255-3700. I called them when I first got my Wii and they were able to help me out.

#7 Posted by xZxKNIGHTxZx (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="JoInfo"]

I don't know exactly what that code means, but Nintendo has a customer service number you could call. The number is 1-800-255-3700. I called them when I first got my Wii and they were able to help me out.

[/QUOTE0] i had the same exact problem and i got to fix it it was simple i went on nintendo.com and when you get to the home page there is a little box that says connect your wii click there and play the video and do as it tells you and it will fix it up and u can upgrade you wii or not i did it and it works perfectly. well i hope this helps you and all who try it xZxKNIGHTxZx
#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (73368 posts) -
isnt that the error that happens when a banned hacker steals your IP? O_o nah, jk :P no idea what you have to do... try to reset the router.
#9 Posted by thebiffs (25 posts) -
you mite want to try adding a connection (wireless 1 2 or 3) and if your connection is on anything but one, as in your main connection move it to one. because (correct me if i'm wrong) the 2 and 3 are back up networks.
#10 Posted by meetroid8 (21147 posts) -

you mite want to try adding a connection (wireless 1 2 or 3) and if your connection is on anything but one, as in your main connection move it to one. because (correct me if i'm wrong) the 2 and 3 are back up networks.thebiffs

:| I'm sure this will be a great help... 3 years later.