Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sometimes my WiiU will connect.

Sometimes it won't.

I have already turned off and on the Router. Refreshed it. Did the stupid IP and DNS change for the WiiU.

NOTHING. I've had this WiiU since it launch and SUDDENLY right after I downloaded the Mario Kart 8 DLC it decides to stop working. It can read my Router just fine but connecting to it is rare now. I don't know what I did or what Nintendo did to screw up my WiiU but It could have came up at an opportune time for Splatoon to come out for my WiiU to not connect to the internet.

Sad thing is it sometimes connects now and then. Like I still get gamepad notices and such. But everytime I play Mario Kart 8 it doesn't want to connect to the internet, Like a few days ago I was playing Assassin's Creed 3 and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. I took some Miiverse posts like this one. I took that a day ago. I was online, a day ago, but right now 15 mins before The Test Fire. Error Code 103-1601.

Anyone know how to fix this garbage?

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I can't get into Splatoon Test Fire. Anyone else not having luck?

Update: Well I'm in but I cant get into matches. Too much traffic, it seems. I'm on twitch streams now and everyone's got this problem.

Kilikikero21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Kilikikero21
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

I can't get into the Splatoon Testfire either. I've been trying to log in for the last 10 minutes and keep getting a 106-0502 Error Code.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LegatoSkyheart

I give up. I'll see if there's a console update when my console decides it wants to connect to the internet again.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I give up. I'll see if there's a console update when my console decides it wants to connect to the internet again.

I say get a LAN adapter and make that thing bow down. I don't think they're expensive either.

Kilikikero21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kilikikero21
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

I was finally able to get into the tutorial, and went into queue for a match.... and waited.... and waited... and basically I was just stuck on that Jump Squid game for like 20 minutes, waiting and waiting and waiting. I restarted my Wii U and tried to connect again, but now the error message is "Unable to connect because the server has reached its connection limit and cannot accept any more connections at this time."

Suffice to say, I am very much disappoint. This is really discouraging, I mean who wants to spend $70 on a game where you spend the majority of the time trying to get past connection errors, or playing an 8-bit style NES game?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LegatoSkyheart

@bunchanumbers said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I say get a LAN adapter and make that thing bow down. I don't think they're expensive either.

I think I'm gonna do that. The Wireless function for my system is just unreliable now.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchanumbers

servers are up and functional now. Splatoon time!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I was limited on time, so I tried in the middle of the scheduled time slot, and it said the server was full. Apparently it opened later than scheduled, but I had to go. Oh well, I'm buying the game anyway. I can wait a week.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Have you tried setting your router to channel 6? Try it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#11 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Never had any problem with the connection of ma consol. Yesterday during the test fire it was impossible to connect with that "demo" apparently Nintendo openned the test fire for another hour and everything went smooth but I already gave up and did something else.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Yeah, i would check with your ISP. Sounds like either a splitter or modem or something going bad.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I had same problem one match, switched weapons, and couldn't get back in. I even reset my router. I just stuck with it and couldn't believe I was getting in the last five minutes as the hour was ending. I didn't know Nin was having server problems and was going to let the testfire run another hour. I'm glad I stuck with it and got to play for that extra hour.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

Ya I dunno what it is with the wii u, but the wireless seems to cut out every now again for me. I usually have to end up restarting the wii u

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LegatoSkyheart

@iandizion713 said:

Yeah, i would check with your ISP. Sounds like either a splitter or modem or something going bad.

I want to say it's my WiiU that's going bad, because NOTHING in the entire house drops out EXCEPT for the WiiU.

3DS is online, the PS3 is Online, my Computer is online, my Phone is online.

Only the WiiU would not pick up the Router at all. It sees it, I put the Key in and It refuses to connect.

And How convenient it would work when the Splatoon Demo is over.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lord_Magikarp

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

Its a conspiracy

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchanumbers

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

I want to say it's my WiiU that's going bad, because NOTHING in the entire house drops out EXCEPT for the WiiU.

Only the WiiU would not pick up the Router at all. It sees it, I put the Key in and It refuses to connect.

yup it sounds to me like a LAN adapter fixes everything. I'd put it on your priority list.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

If its not happening on other devices and your connection is bad on all games you play, then i would check in with Nintendo, see if they can help figure out what is wrong and see about getting them to fix it. If cant get the warranty work done then the Lan adapter does make sense. I havnt used one yet, but many i hear love the connection from them.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LegatoSkyheart

@bunchanumbers:Yep Lan adapter will be purchased soon.

@lord_magikarp:LOL nah I know Nintendo or my ISP isn't behind it. It's my stupid WiiU >:(

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lord_Magikarp

@bunchanumbers said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

yup it sounds to me like a LAN adapter fixes everything. I'd put it on your priority list.

Might have to do that too, surprised the wii u didnt have a lan port

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Nintendo representative told me that Nintendo didn't expect the servers to fill up that fast so the reason everyone was having server issues or Error codes with Splatoon is Nintendo being complete dip$hits about how to handle server capacity.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

@nini200: Amazing that they didn't think they would need a ton of space for "A NEW GAME" sheesh.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@marinevetstl said:

@nini200: Amazing that they didn't think they would need a ton of space for "A NEW GAME" sheesh.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but yeah it is amazing that they didn't think they would for a new Online Shooter especially one that they wanted to be taken seriously.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bunchanumbers

@nini200 said:
@marinevetstl said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but yeah it is amazing that they didn't think they would for a new Online Shooter especially one that they wanted to be taken seriously.

The hardest part for a online game is the first month. If Nintendo can survive it with no issues, then they will be all set. Of course there were lots of other games that didn't do so hot so we'll have to see. Either way I'm prepurchased and ready to rock.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

I wasn't being sarcastic, but it is the way of things. I remember Microsoft went down for 3 days for adding space for Destiny in December. I would have thought though that As much as the game has been hyped and bought that Nintendo would have thought ahead a little better.