DS lite Hinge Crack: Your guess on price to get repaired

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Hey everyone,

My DS lite recently got a very small crack about a centimeter wide on the right edge of the hinge. I do not remember dropping it in the past few weeks but I have dropped it by accident (I'm very clumsy) before. I did a little research and found many people having very similar problems and claiming that DS lites are destined to develop this over time. The hinge is still able to lock at about a 15 degree angle like it should (this seems to be the perfect angle so that the top and bottom screen can be viewed without glare) but with any jerking movement on my part it will fall back. It has to be held so that gravity doesn't bring the top screen back or it will fall back as well. I cannot put a photo up at the time and have never brought a system in for repairs before so I do not know what kind of money I will have to put down and whether its worth it. I would also appreciate if anyone knew the phone number or website that I would need to ask for a repair.

Many thanks in advance

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

Ok. the best I can tell you is that Play & Trade offers a service where you can get your DS Lite repaired. A hinge is a serious problem to have, but not as big as the touch screen popping in and out like mine had.I don't think it should cost you more than $25 - $30 dollars to get it repaired. Ofcourse, you can always talk to a Nintendo representative and see what he has to tell you.

omza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 omza
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Nintendo used to fix it for free. They might still be doing it. Go to Nintendo.co.uk and go on the repairs section. Should be on the home page.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8842 Posts
Nintendo used to fix it for free. They might still be doing it. Go to Nintendo.co.uk and go on the repairs section. Should be on the home page.omza
If TC lives in the US, i think he could get it fixed for free by nintendo if it hasn't passed 1 year since he/she bought his/her DS.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

As much as it cost to go to the store and buy some of that bonding putty and a very fine sandpaper. I fixed my old white one in that way and you couldn't even tell it was brok unless you carefully inspected it from like 6 inches away.