Does Wii Remote work with Wii U? Will it support Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016?

Zizou5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zizou5
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Guys, i need your urgent help!

I'm working for an agency that organizes different promotional activites. We will be carrying out a mall activity for one of our clients in a week. They want visitors to play "Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games". For this reason we will buy Nintendo Wii U. But we already have Nintendo Wii at our office with 4 Wii remotes.

Will these remotes work with new Nintendo Wii U to play Mario and Sonic at the 2016? Or we have to buy new Wii Remote Plus?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@zizou5 said:

Guys, i need your urgent help!

I'm working for an agency that organizes different promotional activites. We will be carrying out a mall activity for one of our clients in a week. They want visitors to play "Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games". For this reason we will buy Nintendo Wii U. But we already have Nintendo Wii at our office with 4 Wii remotes.

Will these remotes work with new Nintendo Wii U to play Mario and Sonic at the 2016? Or we have to buy new Wii Remote Plus?

I guess I'm late but the Wii U does have a sensor bar like a Wii and you can use Wii controllers. My understanding is that the game supports the Wii remotes.