Does anyone know if Nintendo has any plans for a...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Scantenii
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

wireless classic controller?

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I don't see why you'd want one. It would just be heavier, more expensive and would be a waste of batteries.
Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts
I doubt it since the classic controller is essentially wireless now and only connectes to the Wii remote. You could be across the room with it. Does it bother you that it's connected to the Wii remote?
Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scantenii
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

Not for regular wii games, but for virtual console games. Like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Right now it says that I can't play certain games without either a wii classic or gamecube controller. both with a wired contoller distance of 6 feet. gamecube did make a wireless controller, but they don't really make them anymore.

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
Six feet? What? I use my Classic Controller (hooked to my Wiimote) further than six feet from my TV. I just keep the Wiimote pointed towards the sensor bar/TV. Works great.
Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

Not for regular wii games, but for virtual console games. Like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Right now it says that I can't play certain games without either a wii classic or gamecube controller. both with a wired contoller distance of 6 feet. gamecube did make a wireless controller, but they don't really make them anymore.

Scantenii

Dude, the classic controller plugs into the bottom of the Wii remote, not the Wii itself. You could use the classic controller across the room if you wanted to, as long as the wii remote was with you. And I'm not sure, but you might be able to use the Wavebird gamecube controller for wireless play on the Wii.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
There already is one, but it's third party and looks AWESOME! Check it out here.
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts

There already is one, but it's third party and looks AWESOME! Check it out here.PlasmaBeam44

That doesn't look awesome..it looks, and probably is (as it's third party) garbage.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]There already is one, but it's third party and looks AWESOME! Check it out here.Taggsai

That doesn't look awesome..it looks, and probably is (as it's third party) garbage.

I agree.. it does look terrible.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
[QUOTE="Taggsai"]

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]There already is one, but it's third party and looks AWESOME! Check it out here._Cab0ose87_

I agree.. it does look terrible.

Really? I think it looks really cool. IGN gave it a 9 and said it was a good controller.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
but you cant use the 3rd party for clasic controller real games (not vc) since its essentially a gamecube controller with a different lay out.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
but you cant use the 3rd party for clasic controller real games (not vc) since its essentially a gamecube controller with a different lay out.dinofan01
It functions just like a regular classic controller would...if the regular Classic controller can do it then that third party controller can do it too.
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

no it cant its a gamecube controller with a different layout. it even plugs into the gc port. i mean games like geomtrie wars only allows classic controller and wii mote. you could use the third party since its different

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Well, they're making Wireless Nunchuk's. May as well make Wireless Classic Controllers.

demio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 demio123
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Well, they're making Wireless Nunchuk's. May as well make Wireless Classic Controllers.

wiifan001
I think the nunchucks are a great idea, the cord always gets in the way in wii boxing etc. but i think the classic controller is good as it is, there is no point for it to be wireless.