Does anyone know how to delete things off of the 3DS menu?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Im trying to delete that stupid 3D video it came with and i cant figure out how :(

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

i think you'll be able to delete them once nintendo gives us access to the data management in system setting.

because it lets you manage your software and things off of your sd card.

unfortunately, we need to wait for a system update for that.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Batang_X990

also, just like ds games, your 3ds game saves are still stored in the cartridge, not the sd card so u dont have to worry

about space being taken up in ur sd card. i'm not sure about this particular video though. i have a feeling

it's in the 3ds system itself since it counts it as a "software." i'm pretty sure it's not in the sd

card either because i removed my sd card and i can still play the video.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RyanShazam

Awesome! Thanks for the help... I guess i will wait for the system update for that. I hate having a cluttered menu with stuff i dont use. I am very OCD about those things lol

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the help... I guess i will wait for the system update for that. I hate having a cluttered menu with stuff i dont use. I am very OCD about those things lol

RyanShazam
For now you could always move things to the very end of the menu so you don't see them. That's what I did for things like "system warning and health".
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

For now you could always move things to the very end of the menu so you don't see them. That's what I did for things like "system warning and health".AlmightyDerek
Why would you do that?! Did you at least set it as your favourite game?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
How do you move the icons on the home menu around? It was easy on the DSi where you just press up to lift it out and place it somewhere, but here, I can't figure it out.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RyanShazam

How do you move the icons on the home menu around? It was easy on the DSi where you just press up to lift it out and place it somewhere, but here, I can't figure it out.El_Zo1212o

Press yuour stylus on what you want to move and hold it there. It will wiggle then you can freely move them.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]How do you move the icons on the home menu around? It was easy on the DSi where you just press up to lift it out and place it somewhere, but here, I can't figure it out.RyanShazam

Press yuour stylus on what you want to move and hold it there. It will wiggle then you can freely move them.

O jeez... you'd imagine a dude like me who's had a smart phone for years would've figured out a 'long press' before now... Thanks for the heads up.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RyanShazam

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]How do you move the icons on the home menu around? It was easy on the DSi where you just press up to lift it out and place it somewhere, but here, I can't figure it out.El_Zo1212o

O jeez... you'd imagine a dude like me who's had a smart phone for years would've figured out a 'long press' before now... Thanks for the heads up.

No problem! I couldnt figure it out either. I was like "wait, my ipad does this, ima try the same thing." lol

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

According to Nintendo's website, the 3D music video will not stay there. This is quoted from Nintendo's web site, "Please note that the "White Knuckles" music video is provided for a limited time and may be deleted from your system with subsequent updates."

So Im guessing that with the next firmware update (or maybe the next major one, which will be the launching of the eshop), that 3D music video will be removed.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

AlmightyDerek

For now you could always move things to the very end of the menu so you don't see them. That's what I did for things like "system warning and health".

LOL thats exactly what I did...I wanted to get rid of that stupid song so I put it at the VERRRY end. No worries...I am OCD like that.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

According to Nintendo's website, the 3D music video will not stay there. This is quoted from Nintendo's web site, "Please note that the "White Knuckles" music video is provided for a limited time and may be deleted from your system with subsequent updates."

So Im guessing that with the next firmware update (or maybe the next major one, which will be the launching of the eshop), that 3D music video will be removed.

When you actually update the system, the first thing it says about the White Knuckles music video is that it WILL be deleted with the NEXT update.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

LOL thats exactly what I did...I wanted to get rid of that stupid song so I put it at the VERRRY end. No worries...I am OCD like that.

People say video games actually cause OCD and ADHD, but the professionals say otherwise. But of course if someone not familiar with Gamespot came across this thread with a ton of gamers saying "Yeah, I have OCD too!", they're gonna get ideas. Infact, some scenario like that is probably how people even came up with the idea the video games cause OCD.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

riariases

When you actually update the system, the first thing it says about the White Knuckles music video is that it WILL be deleted with the NEXT update.

Ah well, alas I lack a 3DS. Although I will be getting it eithe tomorrow or saturday. I pray to god that its tomorrow.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Batang_X990

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Gamingclone

Ah well, alas I lack a 3DS. Although I will be getting it eithe tomorrow or saturday. I pray to god that its tomorrow.

im excited for you :)
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I know it's an old thread but did anyone figure this out? I have demos for a few games I now own and I want to get rid of the demos! :(

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

I know it's an old thread but did anyone figure this out? I have demos for a few games I now own and I want to get rid of the demos! :(

Chickan_117
Just go into settings, then pick data management.
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

TYVM. Worked perfectly! :)