This topic is locked from further discussion.

rogue81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 rogue81
Member since 2003 • 922 Posts
Has anyone noticed, or had problems with the remote cursor jumping on screen. I hadn't noticed it before, but when I turned the system on today the little hand would twitch and pop from one side of the screen to the other. It wouldn't happen all the time only perodically, about every five to ten minutes. It'd clear up after a few seconds but it's really frustrating, especially trying to play the new metroid. I've switched out the batteries, not really sure what else to do about it. Anyone have a constuctive solution?
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
Try realigning the sensor bar? Not sure, never happened to me.
Naruto129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Naruto129
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about. When it happened to me it was too far away from the tv.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
Other light sources are being picked up by the remote's own sensor when the cursor jumps across the screen. If there is any bright, concentrated light, even a ray of sun on the wall in front of you, it can affect the cursor. I've noticed that naked incandescent bulbs (like desk lamps) consistently confuse the sensor. Your best bet is to create a wide area behind the TV that is free of any concentrated light source whatsoever. Remember that mirrors or even glass doors of an entertainment center can reflect a light strong enough to be picked up by the remote.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Other light sources are being picked up by the remote's own sensor when the cursor jumps across the screen. If there is any bright, concentrated light, even a ray of sun on the wall in front of you, it can affect the cursor. I've noticed that naked incandescent bulbs (like desk lamps) consistently confuse the sensor. Your best bet is to create a wide area behind the TV that is free of any concentrated light source whatsoever. Remember that mirrors or even glass doors of an entertainment center can reflect a light strong enough to be picked up by the remote.JordanElek

He's definately right. I've had this problem before, and even the sun bouncing a ray of light behind your TV can do it. It's kind of annoying, I know, but maybe close your blinds, or cover your light bulbs etc. It's not a problem with the remote, it's the sensitivity of the infrared. If you go to options on your Wii menu, choose sensor bar, and click sensitivity, you can see for yourself where other light sources are coming from when you point your Wiimote around the room.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

If you go to options on your Wii menu, choose sensor bar, and click sensitivity, you can see for yourself where other light sources are coming from when you point your Wiimote around the room. bob_newman

So that's what the two dots on the screen are during the sensitivity test - the two infrared rays coming from the sensor bar. I always wondered what the point of that was.

rogue81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 rogue81
Member since 2003 • 922 Posts
Great, thanks for the advice. The T.V. is in a spot where it gets a lot of sun during certain times of day, which happens to be right when I get home from work. The blinds are closed but they don't seal off the light very well. I'll just have to figure something else out. Thanks again.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Go to wii settings before you start a game, and set the sensitivity up to max (5) which will help, and like the people above said, make sure no light is reflecting your way, even light bouncing off a wall will affect it. I was having that problem while playing MP3 today.

nkair23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nkair23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
happen's to me once in a while..i just change the batteries and its back to normal..:D
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Get new blinds. There are blinds that can pretty mill nill all the light coming in through the window. Personaly I have light sensitive eyes and hate most blind designs because they are freaking transparent. Go outside your house at night and I can bet you can see through the blinds.