Chances of a white WiiU deluxe?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Duel_King_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Duel_King_X
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

Just as it says in the title- what do you think the chances are of Nintendo announcing a WiiU deluxe set (or something similar) with the white edition of the console? I can't stand the glossy black plastic most consoles are made of (like my Xbox360 slim) because they're dust/fingerprint magnets so when I eventually get a WiiU I'd prefer a white one, but the limited memory could be a problem (I don't see myself downloading games digitally, except for possibly some virtual console titles)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

None

Nintendo didn't go through all this trouble color coding their consoles to stop now

Also white is gross, bad enough we had to live with that Wii abomination.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah seems pretty unlikely.
zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts

No time soon maybe after there is a price drop on the regular deluxe and they feel the basic model is not selling enough compared to the deluxe model, but doubt that will be any time soon.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nintendo may not bother replacing the Basic SkU since you are able to expand the Wii U consoles memory with SD and SDHC memory cards. Up to 32GB. So just buy an SD 32GB memory stick/cards and you have your Wii U deluxe.

Or you can add a proper external HDD and your memory is increased up to 2TB HDD.

Nintendo could choose to add the Download reward program to all Wii U consoles. Even the Basic sets at a later date.

But I don't see Nintendo getting rid of that SKU Since Wii U basic consoles are able to just increase the memory. So a White 32GB Wii U console is possible. But why stop at just 32GB since even that is a Tiny amount of memory. Xbox 360 has 250GB and 320GB HDD's and Sony has 250GB and 500GB HDD's in the PS3 SuperSlim as well as remaining 320GB and 160GB of PS3 Slims HDD. Until all stock is gone.

So the Wii U deluxe set 32GB is tiny compared to the others. And not even a proper HDD just flash memory.

So Nintendo is just keeping the 8GB Basic set as a under 300 hunderd dollar option. Just so they can say a brand new Wii U console is available for just $299.99

Eventually Nintendo will discontinue the 8GB version. But not before 2014. at the soonest. So I would not count on a white Wii U deluxe anytime soon.

guitarsmash09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 guitarsmash09
Member since 2012 • 145 Posts

Oh, so you don't like black consoles? XD Just kidding, i hate how the Deluxe console attracts too many fingerprints.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

well look at the wii. They were planning to introduce multiple colours early on in the console's lifetime but stopped simply because demand was so extreme that they were putting maximum effort on producing the console which meant that they couldn't spend time on colours. In other words, if the wiiu isn't a huge sales hit then I'm sure that there will be many colours of wiiu available.

I picture the wiiu having decent luke warm sales for the entire gen. There will be many colours and many other types of improvements as well. They will be continually upgrading this product for potential new consumers.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Yea it's called Basic + Hard Drive
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
Yea it's called Basic + Hard Drivenini200
yep.
Nintatterdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintatterdemon
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts
Outside of that basic + hard drive, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Just like everyone is telling you, get the basic and a large harddrive. There's no point in getting a piss poor 32GB stock memory that's still a joke, even with the deluxe you're going to need an external harddrive.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Just like everyone is telling you, get the basic and a large harddrive. There's no point in getting a piss poor 32GB stock memory that's still a joke, even with the deluxe you're going to need an external harddrive.

jer_1

The cradle and deal for online purchases make that an attractive pick.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

Jaysonguy

The cradle and deal for online purchases make that an attractive pick.

This is true, I was saying this because the OP wants white and was concerned about storage space. I was just pointing out that 32GB is an utter joke, just the same as 8GB. Either way you need an external HD for this system in the long run. The stand and deals and all are a good bonus but if I were dead set on the white then I wouldn't give a damn about the stand and the 10% discount.