Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate - new trailer promises 20 hour campaign

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

HAVE AT YOU, FELLOW SHEEP!

Oh man this looks sooooo good.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It's kind of bending the truth... There are 4 different campaigns. It's doing a Kingdom Heart: Birth by Sleep where each campaign is about 5 hours long (10 hours long in BbS). This means you'll most likely be retreading a lot of familiar territory.

The game just looks bland and ugly too me. It lacks the environmental charm of the original LoS and of the old 2D handheld games. Making the game in 3D seems to have reduced the enemy variety and making it more of a 2D GoW-action game seems to have taken out all RPG elements and equipment management that I found to be great in the past titles.

In conclusion, DO NOT WANT, but I will try the demo, and hopefully I find that I'm wrong and will be pleasantly surprised.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
first of all game developers all the time say that their games are longer then they end up to be and second it doesn't interest me its a shame that konami isn't letting iga make the game it looks to be the end of the great running handheld CV games
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I think it looks sweet. So glad I preordered this. 3DS has some good games rolling out the next couple of months.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Looks pretty good... not a huge fan of the art style though.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I've played and beaten many Castlevania games and tbh this one does not interest me at all:?

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

It looks like a steller game, I just hope it's not rigid with it's time base like on CastleVania 64 unlockables...

IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
Do I need to play the original LoS that's on consoles to fully enjoy and understand this?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

It's kind of bending the truth... There are 4 different campaigns. It's doing a Kingdom Heart: Birth by Sleep where each campaign is about 5 hours long (10 hours long in BbS). This means you'll most likely be retreading a lot of familiar territory.

The game just looks bland and ugly too me. It lacks the environmental charm of the original LoS and of the old 2D handheld games. Making the game in 3D seems to have reduced the enemy variety and making it more of a 2D GoW-action game seems to have taken out all RPG elements and equipment management that I found to be great in the past titles.

In conclusion, DO NOT WANT, but I will try the demo, and hopefully I find that I'm wrong and will be pleasantly surprised.

Minishdriveby

Well 5 hours for a Sidescrolling metroid or castlevania is not that bad at all. Quite average.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

NaveedLife

Well 5 hours for a Sidescrolling metroid or castlevania is not that bad at all. Quite average.

Most Castlevania games take an average* of 10 hours to beat.. Average taken from howlongtobeat.com
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I played a Castlevania game on the DS, not sure what it was called. I liked it though. I'll have to remember this game down the road, doesn't look bad.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

HAVE AT YOU, FELLOW SHEEP!

Oh man this looks sooooo good.

ChubbyGuy40

You actually fell for it? lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Minishdriveby

Oh look, smartitude!

The idea that a game's dev needs to artificially pad it's time by making you play it multiple times should be outlawed.