Can't connect my DS to my router.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkShad0wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkShad0wz
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts
So my buddy bought me a ds for Christmas and I found out I could go on-line with it, for the last hour and a half I've been trying to connect to my wireless router (DIR-615 B2), I've been messing around with different options and still can't get on, right now I'm getting error code: 52000 and I have no clue how to fix it, I'm just pretty much brain-dead right now help would be much appreciated...

PS I just bought the router today because my dad wanted to use his laptop downstairs so I figured... instead of buying a 40 dollar Nintendo DS wi-fi usb port thing, I bought a 120 dollar router that was on sale for 50 bucks, I got the laptop connected to it and the PC seems to work just fine, I just can't get on with the DS /sigh.
ThePimpEdwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ThePimpEdwin
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts
i have the same router i accidentally messed it up so i pressed reset and put the cd again(or else it won't work)a new name for the network and password and you have to put a 64-bit WEP password 10 letters so basically try reseting it and installing it again!!!! WOW:P
Delegat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Delegat
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I had the same problems with my WiFi router. And all is in the decryption. You see, the laptop uses WPA decryption and the DS - WEP. So you there is no way that all hardware is connected to the internet. Just buy Nintendo USB WiFi connector.
Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
I had the same problems with my WiFi router. And all is in the decryption. You see, the laptop uses WPA decryption and the DS - WEP. So you there is no way that all hardware is connected to the internet. Just buy Nintendo USB WiFi connector. Delegat
just change the computer to WEP rather than waste money on a connector. also make sure to forward the ports on the router. which ones? i do not remember but they are listed on the nintendo wifi site. follow the directions.
9mmtylenol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 9mmtylenol
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey are you still having problems with your ds i just fixed mine 10 sec. ago i went to the support on the nintendo website and entered the error code i recived from my games and it told me to go to START>RUN>CMD>OK once in command prompt it said to enter IPCONFIG/ALL and when i'm in my DS WIFI settings to enter the info you recognize on the DS and to turn both automatic settings off and in IP address enter the last set of digits after the third period to add 10 to the value so if i had 192.234.87.56 you would put 192.234.87.66 and save your settings and it should not act up anymore
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

My wi-fi USB connector was only $20. It's freakin' awesome.Very easy to set up and takes up almost no room. Cheap, fast, and has great range. I could use it a house away! It's probably giving me cancer though.

You guys need to learn how to use eBay better.

waqyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waqyum
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

My wi-fi USB connector was only $20. It's freakin' awesome.Very easy to set up and takes up almost no room. Cheap, fast, and has great range. I could use it a house away! It's probably giving me cancer though.

You guys need to learn how to use eBay better.

Yoweeh

I also use a USB connector it is easy to connect works like a charm.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Hey are you still having problems with your ds i just fixed mine 10 sec. ago i went to the support on the nintendo website and entered the error code i recived from my games and it told me to go to START>RUN>CMD>OK once in command prompt it said to enter IPCONFIG/ALL and when i'm in my DS WIFI settings to enter the info you recognize on the DS and to turn both automatic settings off and in IP address enter the last set of digits after the third period to add 10 to the value so if i had 192.234.87.56 you would put 192.234.87.66 and save your settings and it should not act up anymore9mmtylenol

I see you are new to Gamespot, but you will be modded for future posts that bump old threads.

Good lucl, and welcome to Gamespot :P

Avatar image for MistyJazzyKitty
MistyJazzyKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MistyJazzyKitty
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Guys, i have the same problem! and I have Verizon Vios internet and my DS doesn't like that! *slams a Mario bros. hammer on Verizon*