Can you play DS games in the 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cttooch (152 posts) -

anyone know if you will be able to play regular DS games in the 3DS or will you only be able to use 3DS games in the 3DS

#2 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Yes, you can play DS games on the 3DS.

#3 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -
thats great then cos i would be a bit annoyed if you couldnt .. got a few good games that i'm playing at the moment so im happy to hear that : )
#4 Posted by HamroGeek (25 posts) -
That's good... do you know if those games will show up in 3D too? It may sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna know if I should buy the new version of Nintendogs or if my current one will just show up as 3D anyways.
#5 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

They are not in 3D and they look pretty crappy on the 3DS. Its not unbearable but I would much rather play DS games on my DS.

#6 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

That's good... do you know if those games will show up in 3D too? It may sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna know if I should buy the new version of Nintendogs or if my current one will just show up as 3D anyways.HamroGeek

Please don't bump old threads - You can ask for recommendations in the stickied thread at the top of the DS/3DS board and if you have a general question, you can create a new topic.

As for your question, DS games do NOT have the 3D effect on the 3DS. Only 3DS games will have the 3D effect.