CAN YOU CONNECT YOUR DSI TO THE WII? And if you can, what can you do on there??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kafrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kafrn
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi all ! I just got a DSI, and have heard that you can connect them to the wii to play games and things like that. What do you do? How do you do it? and what kinds of things can you do once youre on there?
AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

As far as I know, the connection between the DSi and the Wii is the same as with the DSL-Wii and DS-Wii. You can download demos from the Nintendo Channel to play on your DS using DS Download Play.

Also, some games offer connection between them such as Pokemon (for transfers) and Animal Crossing (also for transfers I think).

Kafrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kafrn
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
How do you download stuff in download play? I have no idea how to do it.
The_Albraskan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Albraskan
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
How do you download stuff in download play? I have no idea how to do it. Kafrn
You have to have the Nintendo Channel, then go into the options and go to DS demo downloads.
AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AVIS93

Download the Nintendo Channel from the Wii Shop Channel, it's free. There, go to something that says DS Demo or DS Download and the instructions will appear.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="AVIS93"]

As far as I know, the connection between the DSi and the Wii is the same as with the DSL-Wii and DS-Wii. You can download demos from the Nintendo Channel to play on your DS using DS Download Play.

Also, some games offer connection between them such as Pokemon (for transfers) and Animal Crossing (also for transfers I think).

You can't connect a DS to animal crossing...
AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AVIS93

[QUOTE="AVIS93"]

Rod90

Yes you can. I have Animal Crossing City Folk and there are options for traveling to the DS using the Animal Crossing game for that platform.

rowbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rowbear
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts

Download the Nintendo Channel from the Wii Shop Channel, it's free. There, go to something that says DS Demo or DS Download and the instructions will appear.

AVIS93
just got my dsi and have been wondering how to do this. thanks.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

[QUOTE="AVIS93"]

rowbear

just got my dsi and have been wondering how to do this. thanks.

He just said exactly how to do it.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="AVIS93"]

AVIS93

Yes you can. I have Animal Crossing City Folk and there are options for traveling to the DS using the Animal Crossing game for that platform.

Yes, but you can't use the DS to play in City Folk. You just use it as a transport instrument for your player data. Nothing more. For example, in pokémon battle revolution, you use the DS to play the game and to link the wii game with the DSs games (diamond pearl and platinum). You can link it with Pokémon ranch too. In My Word Coach, you can use the DS as an optional controller. In Castlevania Judgment, if you connect the DS with Order of Ecclesia, you unlock secret fighters. In City Folk, you do nothing with the DS.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I hate how people always forget to mention that you need wi-fi to do most of this stuff.

Not everybody has this, espeically people like this thread creator, so you people should mention this first.

You need wi-fi to even get the Nintendo Channel. How to get wi-fi? EBay and Google are your BBFs in these stupid situations.