Bravely Default - Later chapters (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thebigblackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thebigblackcat
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

So I'm thinking about getting this game but I already know about that you in the later chapters need to (if you don't want to be spoiled, dont read the following please!) fight the same bosses four times in a row!

I'm wondering, exactly how much time does it take? If you turn off random encounters, set the difficulity to easy and only do the important stuff, how many hours would it take? I'm thankful for any answers, and if you'd like, you could give me your opinion on the game :)

But no spoilers at all please!

thebigblackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thebigblackcat

@freddy0: Yes, I know that. That's why I'm asking for how many hours it would take it to be done with the later chapters if you turn the difficulity to easy, turn off the random encounters, skip the side quests and if you have a very good strategy for the bosses. I don't need to know exactly, but around how many hours would it take?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@thebigblackcat said:

I'm wondering, exactly how much time does it take? If you turn off random encounters, set the difficulity to easy and only do the important stuff, how many hours would it take?

I don't think you'd be able to do that. The strategy for the bosses pretty much requires specific job abilities for multiple characters, so if you don't have them at that point, you'll need to grind a bit to get them. There are only five required bosses to kill in each chapter after that point, so it's not like you'll be fighting a dozen bosses each time.

I would guess, if you didn't fight any of the asterisk bosses, it might take ten to fifteen hours? I haven't finished all of the final chapters, and I cleared out all the asterisk bosses on the first one, so I really can't say with any certainty.

The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that you can't just blow through that part by turning down the difficulty. And you shouldn't want to. The game forces you to use all of its mechanics in those boss fights, and that's pretty awesome. Grinding for job abilities can be a drag, but luckily the game makes it incredibly easy to do so.

thebigblackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thebigblackcat

@JordanElek: Thank you for the honest answer.. woaw, ten to fifteen hours is a lot. A lot of people seem to say "oh I managed to do the later chapters in three hours", but I guess that they had already grinded a lot by then.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@thebigblackcat said:

@JordanElek: Thank you for the honest answer.. woaw, ten to fifteen hours is a lot. A lot of people seem to say "oh I managed to do the later chapters in three hours", but I guess that they had already grinded a lot by then.

That may be possible, I guess. If you go through the game making sure to level up the most useful jobs for every character and you don't need to grind at all at the end, it would be a pretty quick trip through those chapters. And maybe once you have the job skills you need on the first time through, you won't have to grind any more for the remaining chapters.

I got to that Chapter 5 in 40 hours. In the middle of Chapter 6, I'm at about 55 hours, but again, I killed every boss and sub-boss in Chapter 5.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Largely depends what kinds of skills and experience you have at that point. If you feel you should grind jobs and experience to keep up with the bosses, then you should invest some time into that. I fought all the side bosses just for the heck of it in hopes of getting something worthwhile but nope. I could've plowed through the last few chapters much faster if I really wanted to. Once I figured what was happening around the 3rd time, I just rushed through everything onward using the same strategies. I'd advise going those chapters as quickly as possible. They really soured the game for me.

Avatar image for ShizumaHanazono
ShizumaHanazono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ShizumaHanazono
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

You can do the final chapters in three to four hours, depending on whether or not you're willing to cheese it. At that stage of the game, it's possible to auto-battle everything without taking any damage yourself, assuming you've built your party correctly, though it does ruin the game experience to do that.

As others have said, however, I wouldn't worry to much about those chapters. It's not quite what you think it is...

thebigblackcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thebigblackcat

Alright then, I'm no longer afraid of the later chapters so I'm thankful for the answers. The battle system is so good that -- in my opinon -- I'll probably survive the later parts of the game.