Bought a 3DS for my wife and she doesn't use it. . .

ubergusterfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ubergusterfan
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

So, I bought my wife a 3Ds about a year ago because she went on and on about how much she wanted to play video games. I should have known better. In the year that she has owned it, she has played it exactly 0 times. I know where it is, but I am positive she wouldn't even know where to look for it if she wanted to find it.

But she doesn't even want to find it.

So I have decided to take it over. However, I have never played a nintendo game other than the original super mario bros 1-3 and battletoads on NES. So I want some opinions. What should I get? What are some good games that are uniquely 3DS in nature? Or uniquely Nintendo in nature. I have Mario 3D World, as my wife is a mario fan so that's what I bought, and I want to pick up Bravely Default, but what else?

Also, I have no interest in brawlers, so no Super Smash Bros and no Mario Kart. No interest in either of those.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Get Zelda A Link Between Worlds. It's a excellent action/rpg/adventure game. One of the best games on the system.

ubergusterfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ubergusterfan

I've never played a Zelda game, so that's a good suggestion. It's better than the couple re-releases? Ocarina of Time and/or Majora's Mask?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

you are lucky my man, I bought my wife a car and she didn't use it, I sold it after 14 months in the garage and 1750 km.

ubergusterfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ubergusterfan

At least mine didn't cost as much as a car!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

That's why you buy your wife stuff that you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

My wife occasionally uses hers. Luckily she doesn't didn't have any DD games, so I was able to trade in her 3DS while gamestop had the 100 buck promotion for the new 3DS and keep mine with all the downloaded Ambassador titles intact as well as my Mario Kart 7 that came pre-installed. I now have a Majors Mask New 3DS XL and she is using my old XL. She's kinda played a bit of Zelda: A link between two worlds but that's about tit recently.

Other games you should try:

Fire Emblem, Bravely Default if you like JRPG's, and pretty much any of Nintendo's first party lineup.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

You should get Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Persona Q, All the Shin Megami Tensei games, Bravely Default & Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I would say get Xenoblade Chronicles but you have the original 3DS and it only works on the "new" 3ds.

Also when it comes out, you should get Metroid as well.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

You can also get stuff with the VC. Super Mario 1-3 at least. Time to relive some history!

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#10 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

from the ones I can think of right now that are 3DS games and released

Persona Q
Paper Mario
Fantasy Life
Animal Crossing
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, and Link Between Worlds
Kingdom Hearts
Fire Emblem
Project X Zone
Harvest Moon (if you enjoy farming simulators)
Rune Factory 4 (If you enjoy farming simulators with RPG)
Luigis Mansion
Monster Hunter 4
Kid Icarus Uprising
Gunvolt (Megaman Zero spiritual successor Nintendo eShop exclusive)
Braverly Default
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

I was going to recommend Monster Hunter 4. Then I remembered you have a wife.. If she wants to spend time with you for the next couple of months, get something else.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@Litchie: That is too accurate.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

That's why you buy your wife stuff that you want.

Shut up ! this is an open forum, she´s going to find out and when that happens it ain´t gonna be pretty !

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

You might enjoy Animal Crossing New Leaf, it's a life-simulation game, but it gets pretty addicting when you start playing it. You are the mayor of a town of anthropomorphic animals. It's more of a game that takes time to get into, it's simple and probably best in small doses. You usually just help the animals with their problems, create new public projects to improve the town, buy things to stylize your character and your house, etc. You can also hang out with friends in their towns or simply in your town.

Kid Icarus Uprising is a really good on-rails shooter, though I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology for the game. It has good humor and dialogue among the characters as you fight creatures and characters from Greek mythology with an added mix of fictional characters that weren't in the mythology. I do suggest getting a circle-pad pro, but I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you have a New 3DS you can use the circle stick on it for the game as well, not sure though.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is a good game though, arguably not a great Paper Mario game. It lost some of its RPG elements which is highly unfortunate, but the game is still a blast in my opinion with good areas to explore, though if I recall correctly it's somewhat short.

Other games: Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Monster Hunter, Persona Q, Pokemon if you like that, and a lot of the games others have suggested are great too.