Besides Marth which fire emblem character will be in smash?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for marioandlinkfan
marioandlinkfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marioandlinkfan
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts

Sense Marths been in the last 2 games I'm pretty sure he'll return, and Since Chrom just had a new game he'll be in the new smash bros. hopefully for fan-service they'll bring back Ike and not just drop him like they did Roy.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Sothe would be cool. I'd much prefer Black Knight though. Maybe we'll get Nephenee? She'd be a cool char to play as also.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Roy and Marth. Only those 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I think it would be cool if Smash bros had the "Marth" from Awakening. Same, or similar playstyle though. *Flameshield up*
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
Most likely, it'll be Chrom. Roy and Ike were put in Melee and Brawl because they were the most recent protagonists in the series (Heck, Melee came out shortly before Roy's Fire Emblem in Japan.)
halfmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 halfmask
Member since 2010 • 240 Posts

I think it would be cool if Smash bros had the "Marth" from Awakening. Same, or similar playstyle though. *Flameshield up*darkspineslayer

That would be cool actually, I'd go for that.

And I'm guessing Chrom will be in there... unless Ike remains way more popular? I have no idea how popular Chrom is at this point. (still too absorbed in the game myself :P)

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I like lyn. I think we need someone that's not a regular swordsman tbh.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

and my dreams for Lyndis being in the game will probably never come true, I'm guessing Marth will stay, but not sure about Chrom unless they can think of a really different moveset. I feel like Ike is there to stay

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Roy and Marth. Only those 2.

Master_Of_Fools

I could be wrong since I haven't finished Radiant Dawn and Awakening yet, but Roy hasn't shown himself in North America yet. So I could care less if he shows up in Smash again.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Marth was originally in Melee b/c at the time, he'd been the start of more FE games than any other Lord (starring in 1 and 3, plus he's the original hero). Roy was the Lord from the upcoming game (Sword of Seals wasn't out quite yet in Japan), so he was more marketing than he was a fan-favorite, though people liked him quite well in the game. Ike ended up being the main hero of 9 and one of the central characters of 10, so by the time Brawl came around, there wasn't reason to keep Roy aside from him already being in Melee - Ike was the more visible hero worldwide and also the main character of the first console Fire Emblem in 10 years. It was a nice touch to at least have Lyn as an assist trophy, but I'd like to see her playable, since she'd have a very different style than the other two. However, they'd probably grab someone from Awakening (which I haven't played yet, but I'm downloading to my 3DS right now).
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 josephl64

technically he does appear in 7...

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

technically he does appear in 7...

josephl64
True but it's just a non-playable cameo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

and my dreams for Lyndis being in the game will probably never come true, I'm guessing Marth will stay, but not sure about Chrom unless they can think of a really different moveset. I feel like Ike is there to stay

josephl64
Ike and Marth should stick around. Ike is different enough to be cool. Chrom could easily have a more acrobatic swordplay styIe to differentiate himself from the other two.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 josephl64
[QUOTE="josephl64"]

darkspineslayer
Ike and Marth should stick around. Ike is different enough to be cool. Chrom could easily have a more acrobatic swordplay styIe to differentiate himself from the other two.

I still say Lyndis would be more unique than Chrom would be(although I might be biased as I always wanted her in it), besides there would be too many normal sword users once you add in Link and Toon Link. I would have suggested other characters but they are Japan-only. Maybe somebody that's a magic user like Micaiah would be interesting to change things up a bit though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
chrom seems like an apt replacement for ike, if they want to keep the moveset but change characters. marth will always stay around because he was the first FE hero.[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I think it would be cool if Smash bros had the "Marth" from Awakening. Same, or similar playstyle though. *Flameshield up*

marthette is a phony, and not the original hero. could be an alt costume though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
the real question for me though, is "is isaac going to be playable this time? will you have the decency to not use Move as an attack?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]chrom seems like an apt replacement for ike, if they want to keep the moveset but change characters. marth will always stay around because he was the first FE hero.[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I think it would be cool if Smash bros had the "Marth" from Awakening. Same, or similar playstyle though. *Flameshield up*

marthette is a phony, and not the original hero. could be an alt costume though.

You don't say? I've played the game already, but you might want to consider a spoiler tag for someone who might not know that little tidbit. It's a bit revealing for a major plot point. I would be fine with Marth as an alt costume, but also think the model would work fine on its own, not really as a replacement since I'm thinking they would have the same move set, just more representative of a newer game.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Ike should stay. He's who I wreaked havoc with in Brawl :cool:
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
There is no way Chrom is not in the next SSB. Also, Lucina as well, but I have a feeling she's going to be a different colour character for Marth like how Dark Link was for Link. I would love to see her that wasy because I love Lucina and I loved using Marth in previous games.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

There is no way Chrom is not in the next SSB. Also, Lucina as well, but I have a feeling she's going to be a different colour character for Marth like how Dark Link was for Link. I would love to see her that wasy because I love Lucina and I loved using Marth in previous games.funsohng
I was hoping Lucina will be in her normal appearance instead of [spoiler] "Marth" [/spoiler]

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]chrom seems like an apt replacement for ike, if they want to keep the moveset but change characters. marth will always stay around because he was the first FE hero.[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I think it would be cool if Smash bros had the "Marth" from Awakening. Same, or similar playstyle though. *Flameshield up*

You don't say? I've played the game already, but you might want to consider a spoiler tag for someone who might not know that little tidbit. It's a bit revealing for a major plot point. I would be fine with Marth as an alt costume, but also think the model would work fine on its own, not really as a replacement since I'm thinking they would have the same move set, just more representative of a newer game.

i honestly don't see the point, as marthette has the girliest voice possible and you meet 'him' on chapter 1. plus the art is posted everywhere :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS
Ike should stay. He's who I wreaked havoc with in Brawl :cool:Shottayouth13-
anyone can wreak havoc with ike lol
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I think it'll just be Marth, they where talking about removing characters and making them more unique than just adding tons of clone characters just for the sake of adding them.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nintendo_Ownes7

I think it'll just be Marth, they where talking about removing characters and making them more unique than just adding tons of clone characters just for the sake of adding them.spike6958
I don't think they are removing characters. They are just making characters more unique.

Ike and Marth aren't clones they play completely different. I think they might add Chrom or Lucina to promote the new Fire Emblem game; Marth is from the first Fire Emblem series so I think he will always be there they will just change the other character to promote the newest game.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

This is what I want:

Marth

Ike

Lyndis

Chrom

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]There is no way Chrom is not in the next SSB. Also, Lucina as well, but I have a feeling she's going to be a different colour character for Marth like how Dark Link was for Link. I would love to see her that wasy because I love Lucina and I loved using Marth in previous games.Nintendo_Ownes7

I was hoping Lucina will be in her normal appearance instead of [spoiler] "Marth" [/spoiler]

You mean [spoiler] without the mask? of course [/spoiler]
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]There is no way Chrom is not in the next SSB. Also, Lucina as well, but I have a feeling she's going to be a different colour character for Marth like how Dark Link was for Link. I would love to see her that wasy because I love Lucina and I loved using Marth in previous games.funsohng

You mean [spoiler] without the mask? of course [/spoiler]

Yeah that is what I mean.

OceansBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OceansBloom
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
Chrom and Lucina
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

Would love to see Micaiah. It'd be neat to see them take on a tome wielding Fire Emblem character.

Also would like to see Ephraim. He could have his new design from the FEA DLC.

EphraimAwakening.jpg

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#30 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Marth, Crom, and Lucina should all have a very similar fighting style and all have the same weapon, I would really hope that we wouldn't see more than one of them. Too many sword users too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Marth, Crom, and Lucina should all have a very similar fighting style and all have the same weapon, I would really hope that we wouldn't see more than one of them. Too many sword users tooLegolas_Katarn
Have you seen the way Chrom and Lucina jump around with those swords? They could easily be distinct from Marth. At least one of them anyways. Would rather have Lucina over Chrom.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Marth, Crom, and Lucina should all have a very similar fighting style and all have the same weapon, I would really hope that we wouldn't see more than one of them. Too many sword users toodarkspineslayer
Have you seen the way Chrom and Lucina jump around with those swords? They could easily be distinct from Marth. At least one of them anyways. Would rather have Lucina over Chrom.

Chrom however has the same build and "protagonist status" as Ike, as well as a similar moveset, so i see him replacing Mr. Blue Flames in the next smash.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]Roy and Marth. Only those 2.thetravman
I could be wrong since I haven't finished Radiant Dawn and Awakening yet, but Roy hasn't shown himself in North America yet. So I could care less if he shows up in Smash again.

I liked Roy alot more then Marth. He was just cooler.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Would love to see Micaiah. It'd be neat to see them take on a tome wielding Fire Emblem character.

Also would like to see Ephraim. He could have his new design from the FEA DLC.

EphraimAwakening.jpg

CcJj09

Ooooh that's hawt. 

Which reminds me, when they release these characters as DLC, you'll get the character (with a legit portrait and such) and not a card, right? 

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Why do I feel that a recent "Lord"-class character will appear in the next Smash Bros? If so, Chrome will make a sensible choice.