AdamChattaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AdamChattaway
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

The power button on my 3DS is very hard to press, i have to push very hard for it to click and turn off etc, but when i googled this i see hundreds of people reporting they keep accidentally touching the power button and turning their games off ll, no way in 10000 years could you do that on mine, so which is faulty? mine or theirs.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I don't think either of them is faulty.... If someone says they accidentally "touched" it on their New 3DS and it turned off, they're exaggerating. You still have to press it in all the way with a little bit of force. And if they do it more than once without learning, then that's a personal problem.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@AdamChattaway: I dont have a N3DS, but go to Target or call somewhere that has a demo and take yours inside and compare them. Also can go to Gamestop and ask if they have one you can test. If its easy and yours is still hard, then send it back to Nintendo so they can get you a new N3DS.

O, nvm, im guessing your comparing yours to people who complain about accidentally powering off their system. On the 3DS the power button is where the select use to be on DS. So some people would go to pause the game and accidently power it off. It took them getting use to. Nintendo moved it to a better location now.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#4  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

its not that hard, use the very tip of your finger (nail) to push the power button. And the complains you read about are most likely from the previous 3DS models

AdamChattaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AdamChattaway

I'm from the UK and i don't think we have any display consoles in game shops near me.

The people are saying with the XL new 3ds they are pressing the button accidentally, for me i have to hold it stiff in 1 hand and push the button with a lot of force deep so it turns off, nothing i could do accidentally.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I dunno, it feels pretty normal to me. I got the MM Special Edition one ( yes, I'm mentioning this more so for bragging rights, rather than helpful information :P )

AdamChattaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdamChattaway

@trugs26: what i notices with my circle pad grinding is if i look at the grey pad when i push it left or right it actually tilts down, i think that's whats causing the rough effect and it worry's me like my 3ds i don't think tilts when pushed left or right.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@AdamChattaway: Wait, so you have another issue with your New 3DS? It sounds like you have two problems, because you were talking about the power button in your opening post.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I have the New 3DS. You just push it (not to much effort) and it works, you don't have to forcibly push the button lol.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I never turn my system off, I owned my original 3ds since launch and never once turned it off, in fact I never have to touch the power button at all apart from the initial power on when bought. My new 3ds I have never accidentally pressed the button, I don't have this issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#11 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I had a 3DSXL before buying a N3DS and I never touched the power bouton accidently. I also prefer the new bouton layout way better as the bouton respond so much better.

I bet those who accidently push the power bouton hold their system with their pinky on the bottom which must be the worst idea ever to your hand ...

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

Hope you don't mind if I ask some questions about the New 3DS XL too :D.

1. I live in Denmark and if I buy a 3DS XL from German (both from EU incase you ask :D) can I change language to danish/english or is it German text only?

2. Can I buy 3DS XL game from Denmark and play on a German 3DS XL manchine?

3. Can I play the old 3DS XL games?

4. How big is the max memory card that you can use for your New 3DS XL and can I use any brand or only the one from Nintendo?

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure if I want to buy a 3DS XL or a Wii U. The Wii U is for the upcoming game Xenoblade Chronicles X (that game look amazing!).