an error has occurred wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BourneEnemy01
Member since 2009 • 705 Posts
I've had the Wii for a few days now and today I got this message for the second time. When I insert a disc it tells me there's an error and I have to restart the console. The discs are all brand new. What's causing this?
Action_Player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Action_Player
Member since 2006 • 688 Posts

I've had the Wii for a few days now and today I got this message for the second time. When I insert a disc it tells me there's an error and I have to restart the console. The discs are all brand new. What's causing this?BourneEnemy01

Is the message saying to remove the game, turn off the console, an consult the manual?

If so, I'm having the same problem except my Wii is a 5 year old one and I assume that it needs cleaning. Something I intend to do in the morning.

Is your system new or used?

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BourneEnemy01

new only played for a few days and it just happened to me today and im recieving the same message as you

Action_Player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Action_Player
Member since 2006 • 688 Posts

new only played for a few days and it just happened to me today and im recieving the same message as you

BourneEnemy01

If it's new then yours may be defective. Try buying the disk cleaner first before you try sending it in.

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BourneEnemy01

weird now its not hapening no more whats going on whats scaring me is that this might happen again in the future ps all i did was get a blower and i blew out the dust from inside my system ill see what happends after i play a bit longer

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BourneEnemy01

nevermind it happend to me again it was working fine for a few minutes than error

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
Possible something is wrong with the drive. If you just bought it the warranty is still good. Check Nintendo.com about how to contact regarding getting it fixed. Or if you still have your receipt you could return it and let them know it's defective, won't read the game disc even though they are new and exchange it for another one. If the drive starts to have a grinding sound that will have to be repaired. Had that appear about a year after owning mine. After sending it in to Nintendo (I think they cover the shipping but not sure) I haven't any issues after that.
BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BourneEnemy01

Possible something is wrong with the drive. If you just bought it the warranty is still good. Check Nintendo.com about how to contact regarding getting it fixed. Or if you still have your receipt you could return it and let them know it's defective, won't read the game disc even though they are new and exchange it for another one. If the drive starts to have a grinding sound that will have to be repaired. Had that appear about a year after owning mine. After sending it in to Nintendo (I think they cover the shipping but not sure) I haven't any issues after that. NeoStar9
ok this is weird im testing out another disc (wii sports) and i runs flawlessly as well as my gamecube game its only metroid prime trillogy thats giving me this problem

erdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 erdemn
Member since 2010 • 213 Posts
ahh now its clear, probably your wii is having trouble reading the dual layer disk games, same happened to many when brawl got released. you should contact nintendo
Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

the lens probably needs cleaned. You can try and contact Nintendo, or just go out and buy the Nintendo Optical Lens Cleaner for $10 and see if that fixes it first.