Action Replay DS not working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for slippingchicken
slippingchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slippingchicken
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
When I insert my Action Replay DS and turn on the DS, all I get is a blank white screen. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Put it back in and out several times and I think it helps.

It does that sometimes.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
action replay is for noobz
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperSmashBro1

action replay is for noobzDJSAV_101
Lol,you don't know that some people just use it because there are some things you can't do in games that you can only do with AR(walk through wall,ect.)Which is the only reason I bought it for.

Also,I think its better to get the Mario items in ACWW in your own home other then going to New york just to get them.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SuperSmashBro1
action replay is for noobzDJSAV_101
Oh wait,if your talking about people who use it to cheat online then I agree with that part.
pikachu98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikachu98
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
topic creator te ar messis up ur ds now my top screen is blue so far i don`t know how to:?
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
Action Replay use made a brick of my DS and then I had to get a new one. When I went to Nintendo Service to get it fixed, they said that because I had been using a third-party software not originally intended for use with the system my warranty had been voided so replacement was totally out of my pocket, which hurt. Read up, there's a problem they've found where it corrupts the game's processor. I'd stop using it.:o
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Action Replay use made a brick of my DS and then I had to get a new one. When I went to Nintendo Service to get it fixed, they said that because I had been using a third-party software not originally intended for use with the system my warranty had been voided so replacement was totally out of my pocket, which hurt. Read up, there's a problem they've found where it corrupts the game's processor. I'd stop using it.:oston3henge

Seriously?...I've only heard rumors about that happening but never anyone confirming it. :o

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

how can you fix it? easy:

pick your action replay.

pick your dad's toolbox

get a hammer

smash the action replay

insert your game

turn on.

WHOAH, NOW YOU CAN PLAY IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! :o

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
Hmmm... I don't really know what to tell you. But I do know that in the past (at least for me) action replays are pretty unreliable and somewhat sensitive. I would just buy a new one if you want it that bad, I think their about $20.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
This info might be helpful for you people, but places like PlaynTrade ask if you used Action Replay on your DS games. I guess they're checking for thet possibility that you screwed over your DS games using AR. So I wouldn't use it, along with the fact that it can screw up your DS/game.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ston3henge

Testify. There you have it, another person confirming the detrimental effects of AR on your hardware...

Seriously, you don't want the DS to become inert, do you? Take some good advice and get rid of that third-party unlicensed hacking program, it's not a good thing.

LuckyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LuckyChan
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Sorry for a stupid question but what is Action Replay DS?

It sounds like it is a third-party flash cart which you insert it to cheat on the game?!

Out of curiosity how does it work? I mean you can't run the game and the cheat cart at the same time, so how is it possible?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

It sounds like it is a third-party flash cart which you insert it to cheat on the game?!

Out of curiosity how does it work? I mean you can't run the game and the cheat cart at the same time, so how is it possible?

LuckyChan

This is one of the Action Replay DS models noobs use.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ston3henge

LuckyChan

Look everyone... another one about to jump of the cliff. No. Don't. Stop.:| Tragic when a lemming follows the pack.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
When I insert my Action Replay DS and turn on the DS, all I get is a blank white screen. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this?slippingchicken
Take it out blow on the bottom of it and blow where you would put it in the DS that should work.
LuckyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LuckyChan
[QUOTE="LuckyChan"]

DJSAV_101

So it's just a cheat code device.

By the way, a bit off-topic, what's the fun when you play with infinite health or MP or whatever? It just spoils the game completely. Playing game is about challenge and a feeling of accomplishment. Using cheats to win is a fale accomplishmnet which I never fancy.

Cheat codes are similar to Sleep Pharmaceuticals. It just makes you worse, deteriorating your gaming skills.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Your action replay is bricked, probably because you pulled it out when it was saving your selected codes. now you have to play like everybody else
LuckyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LuckyChan

Your action replay is bricked, probably because you pulled it out when it was saving your selected codes. now you have to play like everybody elsedarkspineslayer

If it's so, it isn't necessarily bad to you.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ston3henge

Some people would rather be at the top of the leader board no matter what even if they have no skills or legitimate reason to be there, and they'll cheat to do it. Mostly Americans... look at George W., a shining example.

Every time you cheat, God kills a kitten.

supremebandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 supremebandit
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"][QUOTE="LuckyChan"]

LuckyChan

So it's just a cheat code device.

By the way, a bit off-topic, what's the fun when you play with infinite health or MP or whatever? It just spoils the game completely. Playing game is about challenge and a feeling of accomplishment. Using cheats to win is a fale accomplishmnet which I never fancy.

Cheat codes are similar to Sleep Pharmaceuticals. It just makes you worse, deteriorating your gaming skills.

i am very good at games and i use action replay, or gameshark, sometimes, it's not about beating the game, there are very funny cheats, there are actually cheats that allow you to change who you play as in several games, like kingdom hearts 2, theres a cheat that allows you to be roxas, or riku, but if you pause the game, it freezes, but either way, sometimes people use em for revenge, take me for example, i beat the game, then go through it while cheating, to see if i missed anything, or for the hell of it, it all depends on your views of right and wrong, cheating ain't so bad if you do it for an actual reason, if you beat the game, than you can screw around all you want in it
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Please don't revive old outdated threads.