A Pokemon game for the console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squirrelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Squirrelle
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I was discussing this idea with a friend recently and I think it would be an awesome idea. A Pokemon rpg game like what we see with the gameboy and ds, but for the console. Possibly the new NX Nintendo is talking about releasing. Have it be a massive rpg world, linking all of the Pokemon leagues together, kind of like in gold and silver when you beat the Johto league you can go on to the Kanto league. It would obviously need to be a multiple part release since there would be quite a bit of data involved, but be able to use the data from the previous game in your next section of your adventure, moving your Pokemon and items into your new adventure. There would need to be something done with the leveling system so it meshes well with the much longer storyline, but I think it would be a very interesting and fun concept. It would also be interesting to see the graphics which would be used in the game as a console version. After seeing what they were able to achieve with OR/AS I think it would definitely be a Pokemon experience like no other. What are your thoughts?

geekaus435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 geekaus435
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

Interesting idea. Might possible we play Pokemon games in console in near future.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Are you thinking of a game similar to Colosseum? If so I thought those games were pretty awesome and wouldnt mind seeing another on NX

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@aigis said:

Are you thinking of a game similar to Colosseum? If so I thought those games were pretty awesome and wouldnt mind seeing another on NX

Yeah I enjoyed those games okay. I only remember Pokemon XD, which was decent. If they took the concept further, it would be pretty cool.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I don't see it happening, or at least I don't see GameFreak doing it. Maybe Genius Sonority, but Colosseum and XD really didn't capture the essence of Pokemon IMO.

On top of that, I don't think your idea for it would be the right way to go about it. As the game would be reusing regions from games we've already played, they would all need to be included from the start and allow you to choose what region you wished to start in.

Then their is the issue of levels, because typically when you beat the E4 in a Pokemon game for the first time, your team is between levels 45 and 60 depending on the region, meaning the regions would either get easier because they'd be so under leveled, or they have to add scaling, which would be pointless because by the time you've finished the second region you'll be level 100, meaning everyone in every future region would also be level 100.

The only alternatives, are either they copy the Anime and made it so only your starter could be brought over to the next region with you, and it resets back to their original level, and it would also have to make starters be limited to Pokemon like Pikachu who evolve via a condition other than leveling, so they can stop it from evolving because you couldn't start a region with a level 5 Charizard, and then not allow you to use your other 'Mon's from earlier regions until you reach a specific point in each regions adventure, which I think a lot of people would hate.

The final option I could think of would be to include scaling but have Pokemon level up beyond 100, which would still feel pointless unless they completely mess with when every Pokemon learned moves and evolved for this game, and that could quite easily go wrong, and also be off putting to people who know the series well.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I was just saying in another thread how I couldn't believe there wasn't a Pokemon console game. I've never really played Pokemon; mostly because I'm not a huge fan of portable gaming. So there may be some things I don't understand. But why wouldn't you make a fully realized game where you have a massive world, tons of Pokemon (maybe all of them from every generation), and the ability to battle other players online. Combine it with Pokemon Snap where you can have a side quest or mini game taking pictures. I'm sure you could do something cool with the game pad and a pokedex. Maybe let you customize your character and your pokemon so that even when you battle the same pokemon, they look different.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@Grieverr: I always believed the reasoning for not doing so, was the Pokemon franchise was so central to the success and overall movement of the handheld market. Nintendo didn't want to risk devaluing the franchise on handheld, which was the center of their continued handheld dominance. However if the NX is a hybrid system, well that could mean that console Pokemon game can finally come to fruition.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

This is something that I've wanted to see from Nintendo for a looooong time... but I doubt it'll ever happen.

svenskdod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 svenskdod
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

This has been in so many forums for so many years. The problem is that the developer game freak makes so much on the hand held games they make, essentially taking the one before and just changing it a bit, that a fully realized game on the console would be too much of a risk. Nintendo also wants to keep their safe money rolling in. With the release of Pokemon GO, and the success that it has already generated, I can't see them doing much but expanding on that. The game would be a success even if its not all that good, but it would hurt future releases if its not done perfectly. Also, since people have been discussing this for so long, any one individual perspective will never be realized. We all have our own idea of the effect pokemon game, and theres no way to live up to everyone's idea.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

That does sound like a good idea and I'd want it too, but I read somewhere that the Pokemon creators are trying to keep games like that on the handhelds.