Zelda Wii U looks "more amazing" than it did at e3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

link

Not exactly shocking but i thought i should post it anyway. The footage did look great but textures needed work.

I keep thinking this will be the game to really show what wii u is capable of, as it's been enough time for EAD to get used to the hardware and hd development. Plus it's 30fps and the only other 30fps game was pikmin and that started on the wii. Yeah Wii U's not a powerhouse but it still hasn't been close to tapped yet.

Well what do you think, do you think Zelda will blow your socks off visually?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I didn't know Zelda will be 30 fps. That's a bit dissapointing. It better be damn good looking! But yes, I believe my socks will be blown off. New console Zeldas tends to have that effect on me..

Btw, I don't really agree that the Wii-U's graphical capabilites "haven't been close to tapped yet", considering how awesome Mario Kart 8 looks. I doubt that game can look much better than it does..

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Doubt it will blow my socks off...I might be wow-ed. Can't wait for them to show next new trailer or something. :P

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I was very impressed with how it looked at E3. It reminded me of The Witcher 3, but with a brighter art style. E3 builds usually don't represent the game's final quality, as they're done with old, unfinished code and assets. A new trailer would be nice.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I did not like how it looked at E3. It was too cartoony and bright for what I want in a Zelda game and Link looked feminine. So unless there has been major changes I don't expect it to blow my socks off. This is the Zelda game that would have blew my socks off if Nintendo would have actually made it instead of just teasing us with it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Loved the bright art style of this new one. 30fps doesn't bother me at all as it's still the standard for gaming on consoles. My favorite is Twilight Princess but this new one has potential. It most likely wont be my favorite because I'm sure it won't include Midna but it'll probably be really good.

Hopefully Nintendo can pull off another success with this one. Then maybe, just maybe they'll give me some kind of new info on the game I really want, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@Litchie said:

I didn't know Zelda will be 30 fps. That's a bit dissapointing. It better be damn good looking! But yes, I believe my socks will be blown off. New console Zeldas tends to have that effect on me..

Btw, I don't really agree that the Wii-U's graphical capabilites "haven't been close to tapped yet", considering how awesome Mario Kart 8 looks. I doubt that game can look much better than it does..

All 3d console Zelda's are 30fps. I would hate for it to be 60fps because it wouldn't look very good, Zelda needs to wow.

For one thing, MK8 has no AA or AF which hurts it. It looks good don't get me wrong but that Nintendo team isn't known for pushing the hardware. Also they wanted a smooth 60fps even in splitscreen so that limited the graphics even more. The lighting they used really helped the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I was very impressed with how it looked at E3. It reminded me of The Witcher 3, but with a brighter art style. E3 builds usually don't represent the game's final quality, as they're done with old, unfinished code and assets. A new trailer would be nice.

Yeah that will be a nice comparison.

Next year will be great :)

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@starwolf474: with the Wii U's hardware (tricore processor, 2gb ram, weak gpu) They need to go with a more colorful stylized look, especially when trying to achieve the scope and size that they have planned for this new zelda.

A more realistic, dark and gritty looking zelda would either not look too good, or have to be restricted to smaller, tighter areas.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Whenever I heard about how good a Wii U game looks, I always have to ask myself how much better it could have looked if the Wii U was more powerful. True, Nintendo are great at using art and style to make their games beautiful, but again, they could look so much better.

All 3d console Zelda's are 30fps. I would hate for it to be 60fps because it wouldn't look very good, Zelda needs to wow.

For one thing, MK8 has no AA or AF which hurts it. It looks good don't get me wrong but that Nintendo team isn't known for pushing the hardware. Also they wanted a smooth 60fps even in splitscreen so that limited the graphics even more. The lighting they used really helped the game.

I don't know... I thought MK8 looked fantastic. Same with MK7, which was also 60 FPS. It's my hope that Nintendo can pull it off without sacrificing any quality.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

this is going to be a great game.