Zelda Universe... an online Zelda game??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BubbyJello (2750 posts) -

It seems the ESRB website has a listing for a game called "Zelda Universe":

sdfgsfdg

Source

Interesting.

EDIT: Nevermind, scroll down to forgot_it's post.

#2 Posted by Mike1978Smith (2012 posts) -
Hrm.. haven't heard of that before. Will it be like graal? :P
#3 Posted by Shyn_1 (471 posts) -
E3 cant come soon enough.
#4 Posted by Wintry_Flutist (14834 posts) -

O_o

#5 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -

It says online so I'm guessing it's

http://www.zelda.com/universe/

Rumor smash?

#6 Posted by Wintry_Flutist (14834 posts) -

Rumor smash?

ECG_24

But why on ESRB?

#7 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -
[QUOTE="ECG_24"]

Rumor smash?

Wintry_Flutist

But why on ESRB?

I have no clue, but it's the best explanation I have at the moment.

#8 Posted by Wintry_Flutist (14834 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="ECG_24"]

Rumor smash?

ECG_24

But why on ESRB?

It makes sense since VC/WiiWare games are listed as for the Wii, and not online. Still, it's weird. Maybe Zelda Universe has minigames to play online.

#9 Posted by BubbyJello (2750 posts) -

Rumor smash?

ECG_24

It doesn't make much sense though, why would a Website have an ESRB rating?

And the only other Online games Published by Nintendo are Advance Wars, and Animal Crossing DS.

#10 Posted by lolag (2370 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="ECG_24"]

Rumor smash?

ECG_24

But why on ESRB?

i tried looking that up got the site and the www.zeldauniverse.net/ why would they rate a website? IT also says online for the platform i dont what that means a online based game or like wintry said a Wiiware game that you connect online to play games
#11 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -

Dr. Mario Online Rx Nintendo of America Everyone No Descriptors Wii

Dr. Mario Wii Nintendo of America Everyone No Descriptors Wii

There's also two entries for Dr. Mario.

I would be very skeptical guys. It's probably nothing.

#12 Posted by ZombiezLovePie (469 posts) -
sounds like a wii ware game,since it says online instead of Wii or DS.also it has violence :O
#13 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -
"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."
#14 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/ For those too lazy to find a link
#15 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -
[QUOTE="ECG_24"]

Rumor smash?

BubbyJello

It doesn't make much sense though, why would a Website have an ESRB rating?

And the only other Online games Published by Nintendo are Advance Wars, and Animal Crossing DS.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Advance War: Days of Ruin each have their own seperate entry, neither of which say online.

That entry that says Advance wars is separate. I don't understand why Animal Crossing DS is the only Nintendo game that has online under its platform heading, but it is. I think its just an error or laziness by the ESRB.

#16 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -

"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."forgot_it

/thread

#17 Posted by BubbyJello (2750 posts) -

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."ECG_24

/thread

QFT :(

And it seems GoNintendo figured it out, they deleted the post

#18 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

i'd always liked the idea of a MMO situated in hyrule...

but im not sure if that zelda universe is a online zelda... nintendo is famous for giving tons of fake names to their projects (ultra 64, dolphin, revolution, etc.). also, they still havent showed a single image of the wii zelda game eiji aonuma (sp?)mentioneda couple times

#19 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -
[QUOTE="ECG_24"]

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."BubbyJello

/thread

QFT :(

And it seems GoNintendo figured it out, they deleted the post

Yeah, I noticed that too. Oh well, I hope no one got too excited.

#20 Posted by Wintry_Flutist (14834 posts) -
[QUOTE="ECG_24"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="ECG_24"]

Rumor smash?

lolag

But why on ESRB?

i tried looking that up got the site and the www.zeldauniverse.net/ why would they rate a website? IT also says online for the platform i dont what that means a online based game or like wintry said a Wiiware game that you connect online to play games

I did NOT say that... I said WiiWare and VC games are listed as Wii games, so the "online" platform just doesn't make sense it if were a game.

#21 Posted by Wintry_Flutist (14834 posts) -

sounds like a wii ware game,since it says online instead of Wii or DS.also it has violence :OZombiezLovePie

WTF, even WW is said to have violence there...

And WiiWare/VC games ARE listed as Wii games.

#22 Posted by b_to_the_izzo (2 posts) -

"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."forgot_it

Any idea how they can tell it was rated around 2001? I don't see dates on any of my ESRB searches.

#23 Posted by ECG_24 (1653 posts) -

[QUOTE="forgot_it"]"UPDATE from Nintendo Everything: Looks like this is nothing more than an old ESRB rating. If you do a search on the ESRB website for the "Online" platform, you can tell that "Zelda Universe" was rated around 2001, at about the same time Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons were released. You may also remember the Zelda Universe interaction that once appeared on the official Zelda website. Back in the day, it seems that the ESRB sometimes rated some content with online website user interaction - as was the case for one ESRB pogo.com rating."b_to_the_izzo

Any idea how they can tell it was rated around 2001? I don't see dates on any of my ESRB searches.

Just let it die, it will only cause more confusion.

#24 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombiezLovePie"]sounds like a wii ware game,since it says online instead of Wii or DS.also it has violence :OWintry_Flutist

WTF, even WW is said to have violence there...

my pokemon colosseum ESRB rating says "fantasy violence" :|

guess its not a big deal...