Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Ages is your favorite?

Pierst179

Absolutely!

I do agree that the core mechanic of Seasons (changing the... hm... seasons) is more original than time travelling.

However, I could not shake the feeling that it is very underused compared to time mechanics of Ages.

Hell yeah. I thought that Ages was better in most ways, especially in the puzzle department... Jabu Jabu's Belly in particular was incredibly tough. Not only that, but ages is arguaby the bigger of the two games since it has two different versions of the same sized world. Time traveling was just awesome. Honestly I think that Subrosia from Seasons is kinda overrated... There's not a whole lot to do outside of the required story elements.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love the hel out of both the games. Two of my all time favorites.

#52 Posted by Cheddarchet (297 posts) -

Yes!! I'd always wanted to play these games when I was younger, but never really had the cash to buy them both at that age. Since then, I've always thought I'd like to play them but never really got around to it. Excellent news.

#53 Posted by Litchie (16346 posts) -
Never played these or Link's Awakening. What's the best one?
#54 Posted by Woe2spread (280 posts) -
wait how many zelda games are available on the 3ds eshop right now. can you name all six of em?
#55 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16767 posts) -

Never played these or Link's Awakening. What's the best one?Litchie

For me, I think it's

1. Link's Awakening because of how strange and quirky it is, not o mention the excellent story and great dungeon/ world design.

2. (very very close to LA) Oracle of Ages: Better than Sesons because it's bigger and has more fun/ interesting things to do. Better puzzles

3. Oracle of Seasons: Still great and tons of fun.

#56 Posted by King_Dodongo (3291 posts) -
Never played these or Link's Awakening. What's the best one?Litchie
1 Oracle of Seasons. Best mechanics, best world, best villain, best new race, best dungeons and combat best region, best everything. 2 Link's Awakening. 3 Oracle of ages. Boring dungeon, main mechanics, same old races horrid region in general (the zora region is neat though) lame villain and that HORRIBLY offensive goron dance that put me on my nerves. Not a bad game bu the other ones are just way superior IMO.
#57 Posted by Tonindo (473 posts) -

I actually never beat Ages back in the day. Seasons is the better game of the two, but Link's Awakening is still king.

I should get my 3DS XL this friday. I think I'll buy Ages and give it another try whenever it comes out.

#58 Posted by -Vulpix- (2380 posts) -

That's good, been wanting to play these games again for quite some time. I lost Oracle of Seasons( either that it no longer worked), and Ages doesn't either I would've just bought them online, but they're kind of expensive to buy.

#59 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I'm amazed at the number of people here picking Seasons over Ages.  Literally everytime the games come up Ages is almost unanimously the favorite. 

#60 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (9997 posts) -

I'm amazed at the number of people here picking Seasons over Ages.  Literally everytime the games come up Ages is almost unanimously the favorite. 

nintendofreak_2
That would mostly depend on your preference. Seasons was more on adventure while Ages focused on puzzles. I still see a lot more people choosing the former over the latter.
#61 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

[QUOTE="darksongbird"] I am a fan of and own Ages. It's my favorite Zelda game that I've ever played actually. That mostly is because I got far in it. But this is excellent news. I recall someone here wanting these games out for the 3DS so I'm happy to know that it most likely will see a release in the US too. :PWill47

If you liked ages that much I would suggest you pick up seasons, and play it in "sequel mode". Either game can be played as first in the series or the second, but it does take playing both games to get the full story. If you look online you can find the code to enter at the start of your game to switch up the story a little, it will makes it into the "sequel" to the other game.

I believe once you beat a game in "sequel mode" you get another password to then use on the game you played first, this makes it into a New Game + sort of thing. Where you start off with all the best weapons and some other fun stuff. In all you can play each game three times, once as prequel, once as the sequel, and once in a new game +.

Just checked my old pocket guide, the sequel mode is called "Main Linking" and the new game + is called "Return Linking".

You can transfer some items and "secrets," I think they call them, between games. Secrets are just passwords you can use to get various items from NPCs, I think. Some of the best items can only be had through using both games in this way. I never really bothered w/ it other than to put the password I got at the end of Seasons into Ages when I started it so I am sketchy on the details. The main reason to play both is whichever one you play second will then have an extra final boss and you get the real ending.

It would be really, really awesome if you could interface the games as if you had two Game Boys and a link cable rather than using the cumbersome, long passwords but I have no idea if they'd do that.

#62 Posted by Tonindo (473 posts) -

nintendofreak_2

I've always seen the opposite.

#63 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -

nintendofreak_2
I've seen that quite often as well. I finally have some backers for seasons now. I mean come on, the subrosians are the best :P
#64 Posted by Pierst179 (10800 posts) -

Count me in as somebody who is surprised by the love Seasons is getting over Ages. :P

#65 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Never played them, glad I'll get the chance. 

#66 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

Tonindo

I've always seen the opposite.

Yeah, I always feel like the odd one out because I like Ages better. I guess I'm not though.