Your top 5 games that should be made for the Wii U + GameCube HD Remake Port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

Im interested to hear which realistic Titles gamers would choose to boost the Wii u Library. Heres mine; 

1. Pokemon Stadium/Snap

2. F-zero

3. StarFox 

4. Diddykong racing 

5. Banjo Kazooie 

HD remake = Mario sunshine 

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37418 posts) -

The Wii U needs games, remakes are an awful idea

Honestly I think that anyone who wants a remake wants Nintendo to fail this generation.

#3 Posted by superbuuman (2532 posts) -

Honestly I think that anyone who wants a remake wants Nintendo to fail this generation.

Jaysonguy

^ Agree 100% :)

#4 Posted by spike6958 (4652 posts) -

Jaysonguy
Agreed. Wind Waker I can accept because it's my favorite Nintendo game. The only other HD remake from the GameCube I would be OK with is Sunshine, but outside of those two I don't want HD remakes for WiiU . That said I would LOVE a sequel to Pokemon Snap on WiiU.
#5 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

the reality of the situation is that Nintendo port old games to new platforms, they have been doing it for years. if they are going to port games they might aswell remake games that were great and would use the Gamepad to add another dimention. Mario Sunshine could use the Gamepad in loads of creative ways

#6 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

spike6958

Agreed. Wind Waker I can accept because it's my favorite Nintendo game. The only other HD remake from the GameCube I would be OK with is Sunshine, but outside of those two I don't want HD remakes for WiiU . That said I would LOVE a sequel to Pokemon Snap on WiiU.

YES! Pokemon snap is perfect for a touch screen and theres so many ways the concept can be expanded.

i still havn't got a clue why they didnt develop a pokemon stadium Title to go along side the DS realese, you definitley push sales of the system. i don't really trust Nintendo anymore, they have dropped so many great games it doesn't make sense to me 

#7 Posted by spike6958 (4652 posts) -

the reality of the situation is that Nintendo port old games to new platforms, they have been doing it for years. if they are going to port games they might aswell remake games that were great and would use the Gamepad to add another dimention. Mario Sunshine could use the Gamepad in loads of creative ways

blaaksheep
Port as in the Virtual console sure, but it's rare outside of the Pokemon series for them to do a full on remakes of games (and that's not even them, that's GameFreak). I don't see this becoming a common thing, and I hope it's not. It's one thing to remake a game now and again, but to focus on it would be a stupid decision, as no one will buy a system if all they can get on it is games they already own for older consoles but shinier.
#9 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

[QUOTE="blaaksheep"]

spike6958

Port as in the Virtual console sure, but it's rare outside of the Pokemon series for them to do a full on remakes of games (and that's not even them, that's GameFreak). I don't see this becoming a common thing, and I hope it's not. It's one thing to remake a game now and again, but to focus on it would be a stupid decision, as no one will buy a system if all they can get on it is games they already own for older consoles but shinier.

on 3DS alone the is plenty of remakes/ports from older systems

Starfox 64
monster hunter 3
Zelda ocarina of time

Metal gear solid snake eater

#10 Posted by thedude- (1994 posts) -

Jaysonguy
Agreed. Down with the remakes and even games that overly nod to classics (even though The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds looks fantastic).
#11 Posted by spike6958 (4652 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"][QUOTE="blaaksheep"]

blaaksheep

Starfox 64
monster hunter 3
Zelda ocarina of time

First, Monster Hunter 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3 don't count because they are NOT Nintendo games, they are 3rd party and I was discussing 1st party Nintendo titles. Second, that's for a handheld system that already has a ton of support with new and exclusive games from both 1st and 3rd party, they can afford to have the occasional remake. That brings up another point, when Nintendo does remake a game it's often for a handheld device and not for a home console again, Wind Waker HD and the Prime Trilogy are the only remakes that Nintendo has done that hasn't been for a handheld. WiiU needs new games that you can't find anywhere else, not remakes.
#12 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

Im interested to hear which realistic Titles gamers would choose to boost the Wii u Library. Heres mine; 

1. Pokemon Stadium/Snap

2. F-zero

3. StarFox 

4. Diddykong racing 

5. Banjo Kazooie 

HD remake = Mario sunshine 

blaaksheep
Actually Pokemon Snap would be awesome as a remake... or even better, an actual sequel lol. They have soooo many different pokemon and regions that I seriously think that it could work :)
#13 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

[QUOTE="blaaksheep"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"] Port as in the Virtual console sure, but it's rare outside of the Pokemon series for them to do a full on remakes of games (and that's not even them, that's GameFreak). I don't see this becoming a common thing, and I hope it's not. It's one thing to remake a game now and again, but to focus on it would be a stupid decision, as no one will buy a system if all they can get on it is games they already own for older consoles but shinier.spike6958

Starfox 64
monster hunter 3
Zelda ocarina of time

First, Monster Hunter 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3 don't count because they are NOT Nintendo games, they are 3rd party and I was discussing 1st party Nintendo titles. Second, that's for a handheld system that already has a ton of support with new and exclusive games from both 1st and 3rd party, they can afford to have the occasional remake. That brings up another point, when Nintendo does remake a game it's often for a handheld device and not for a home console again, Wind Waker HD and the Prime Trilogy are the only remakes that Nintendo has done that hasn't been for a handheld. WiiU needs new games that you can't find anywhere else, not remakes.

you make a good point, Nintendo really don't have any excuses. it is abit worrying that they choose to create a remake of wind waker instead of creating an original game. you just have to look at the Smash bros roster to realise how many amazing franchises they have to work with. starfox, metroid, f-zero, Megaman, pokemon.... they only have themselves to blame for the wii u 

#15 Posted by tocool340 (20419 posts) -
Twilight Princess is the only HD remake I care for. They need to start making new games after that though. It would be nice if they start catering to the mature audience more often like they did in the GC era when making games like Geist or games with the same atmosphere as Twilight princess...
#16 Posted by thetravman (3510 posts) -

Of course the Wii U needs more new games but I know most of you can't help but think about revived classics in HD.

-Mario Sunshine (with WW's bloom? Wow)

-Luigi's Mansion (even more gloomy atmosphere)

-F-Zero GX(game still looks amazing but I'd like to see a remake for the possibility of online mulitplayer)

-Eternal Darkness (same as Luigi's Mansion but in a more serious tone.Plus character models are looking a bit dated)

-MGS Twin Snakes (not really a Nintendo game but nintendo was involved somewhat)

-Twilight Princess (I fell in love with the E3 2011 WiiU Zelda demo using TP's style. If an HD remake can strive to achieve that, it'll be pure eye candy)

I don't expect any of them to come but it's a nice thought.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14771 posts) -
Xenoblade Chronicles and Twilight Princess.
#18 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
The Gamepad is perfect for Okami.
#19 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4576 posts) -

Jaysonguy

Oh, JaysonGuy. Never stop being you. 

On topic: Well since Wind Waker HD only took 6 months to make I'd say both Galaxy games should be reamde. 

Also, they outsourced parts of Wind Waker HD and outsourced Ocarina 3D to Grezzo. I'm more than fine with these remakes being sent out to non-Nintendo developers. Like how Q-Games helped with Star Fox 64 3D. Come to think of it, what was the last Nintendo remake (other than WW) that was internally developed entirely? Seems like they're getting comfortable outsourcing them and I'm fine with that.

Personally I'd like to see Xenoblade get remade in HD too.

#20 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14182 posts) -

REmake remake.

Resiception

#21 Posted by dobzilian (2463 posts) -
I'd prefer if they just put Wii and GC Games on the Virtual Console.
#22 Posted by Chozofication (2688 posts) -

Just Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine.  Pleeease.

#23 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

bonesawisready5

Oh, JaysonGuy. Never stop being you. 

On topic: Well since Wind Waker HD only took 6 months to make I'd say both Galaxy games should be reamde. 

Also, they outsourced parts of Wind Waker HD and outsourced Ocarina 3D to Grezzo. I'm more than fine with these remakes being sent out to non-Nintendo developers. Like how Q-Games helped with Star Fox 64 3D. Come to think of it, what was the last Nintendo remake (other than WW) that was internally developed entirely? Seems like they're getting comfortable outsourcing them and I'm fine with that.

Personally I'd like to see Xenoblade get remade in HD too.

Why should the Galaxy games be remade? They're only a couple years old. The WiiU can already play Wii games. Just to bump up the resolution? Do you realize what an utter waste of resources that would be? While we're at it, why not remake the entire Wii library so we can exclusively use the WiiU to play Wii games in HD, and nothing else?
#24 Posted by Josh5890 (1010 posts) -

I think Nintendo is using remakes early in a console's life span to help fill the usual early drought. Look at 3DS, Star Fox and Zelda Orcarina were released the same year the 3DS was released but now that the 3DS has a great new release every other day there aren't any other remakes for the 3DS in the works that we know about (except for the occasional rumbling about a possible Majora's Mask remake). Nintendo probably only used Wind Waker HD to help the Wii-U early in it's lifestyle. After all, it only took 6 months to make... http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/zelda-wind-waker-hd-port-took-only-6-months/  Considering that there are alot of Wii-U games coming out in the next 12 months at least, I think remakes from Nintendo won't be common if at all.

#25 Posted by wiifan001 (18317 posts) -

no remakes. I don't the N64 remakes on the 3ds (that includes the greatest game of all time, Ocarina of Time), I didn't want New Play Control gamecube remakes on the Wii, and I don't want Gamecube remakes on Wii U

That said, I'll go with a new: Zelda, Metroid, Paper mario, Fire Emblem, and Batallion Wars

#26 Posted by Collie_Lover (64 posts) -

I would like to see a golf game (Super Swing), or even a really well made generic golf game like Hot Shots Golf; Conduit 3 or a Wii U exclusive fp shooter; Tomb Raider, and maybe a high quality remake of a game like Golden Axe.