Youngest Ever Player To Complete Mario On Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darrenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Darrenaj
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I won't lie guys not a gamer (few Fifa sessions aside) but my little lad is 4. He's actually visually impaired but seems to see Mario fine on Wii.

Got him Mario for Xmas and he's completed all levels star coins and all. Does anybody know youngest gamer to complete Mario Bros?

Searched Google, found nothing younger and have video evidence but he completes now last few levels on regular basis and just wondered if he's world's youngest to complete?

Darrenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Darrenaj

Surely one gaming genius here has some indication?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nah, I mean I guess that's good? As long as it can read and write and all that too, you don't want to be a one trick pony that soon into the game.

There's been younger (and I have the same concerns for them too)

Darrenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darrenaj

Trust me, he's a great lad we're not focusing on it and he's plenty other things going on. I was thinking surely somebody younger but anybody record or set in stone a record?

He doesn't know I'm enquiring lol but can't be too many younger and somebody has to set record to be beaten right?

Darrenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darrenaj

Not saying you're wrong when you seen younger at all but searched Google and youTube and little evidence of kids under 4 completing Mario. I say little none to be true.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I beat Super Mario Bros 3 100% when I was 4 and that is a much harder game.

Not bashing your kid's achievement, but we are living in a world where kids as young as 3 are picking up a controller on a regular basis and are playing through games, it's not an uncommon occurrence for someone of his age to beat one of these games, especially when you think about just how much free time you have then.

Darrenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darrenaj

I totally agree. I've never thought he's super unique I just wondered if anybody documented youngest player to complete it? Maybe there's a kid aged 3 or even 2 who did it but I'm not disputing that. I'm just wondering if anybody documented it or can prove it and if not and I can maybe makes him youngest record holder?

No doubt his record will be beaten and i'm not saying he's world's best just thinking maybe he could set it if he can prove and then others break it? Just to repeat not saying he's world's best or youngest asking if anybody knows of younger documented?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@darrenaj said:

No doubt his record will be beaten and i'm not saying he's world's best just thinking maybe he could set it if he can prove and then others break it? Just to repeat not saying he's world's best or youngest asking if anybody knows of younger documented?

There's nothing to break, 3 year olds played the Wii and DS years ago

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The New Mario games are easier and I have a nephew who is four who completed the game but he also completes many games. The flip side is he doesn't watch much TV. He's been playing games since he was three and his parents even let him play Halo online but with no headset. The kid didn't know he was competing with humans and this little three year old was tearing these Halo players up, no problem. They didn't even know it was a small child destroying them and they were sending terrible messages to the parents thinking it was an adult or teen mopping the floor with them. This kid also is fantastic at various Nintendo games including Mario. His kid brother looks to be the same way. It's not uncommon considering how easy these games are getting and how we expose our kids to them at younger and younger ages. Especially if you only show the kid a very small number of games.

If your kid has LESS games to play and really hones in on ONE game, like Mario, he can really master it. Some kids have 100+ games to choose from and never actually master any of them. Other parents have less money and a few games and the kids can get really good at those games. I was raised in such a fashion.

When I was a kid, we had much harder marios like SMB and SMB3. SMWorld was far easier than SMB/SMB3, and yet today that SMWorld game is harder than current Mario games. I was called a child prodigy back then and I grew up being good at games.

With regards to difficulty in modern games and Mario...Nintendo's gone very soft but it's for the better as younger kids and older people can now jump in and complete these games with ease. From Pikmin to Mario, people breeze through these games these days. There is no Expert difficulty option in most of these games either, however, there are collectibles to tackle if one so chooses. Not to take away how proud you feel, but there isn't much context and history involved. I think if you researched the difficulty of modern games and especially Mario, you would have a better understanding.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

I was around that age when I completed Super Maro Bros for Nes. I was born in 1982.