Yet Another Disappointing Nintendo Direct

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

As soon as little Mac was announced for smash, the Nintendo Direct was instantly worth it for me. He looks so sweet. I hope this means more Punch-Out!! games in the near future. That series is pure genius.

Really?

So the fact that the game isn't ready is exciting for you?

#52 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8704 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

As soon as little Mac was announced for smash, the Nintendo Direct was instantly worth it for me. He looks so sweet. I hope this means more Punch-Out!! games in the near future. That series is pure genius.

Really?

I know your game Jasonguy. You like to spin things as best as you can to be disagreeable.

I'm excited to play as Little Mac in Smash bros. That's why I felt the direct was worth it. The gameplay mechanics and my love for the character in general has me excited. On top of that I'm hoping for more Punch-Out!!

I really don't know what people thought they'd be getting out of this presentation to be honest. Perhaps it's because some people have bought a Wii U and feel buyer's remorse so they wait for new games to be announced to justify it. Personally, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and am super excited for what's already announced for the system so the direct was perfectly satisfying for me.

#53 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2560 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac: Pretty much what you're saying. It's February, also known as the most god-forsaken month of the year. Good things happen in June, I'm expecting this year to be no different.

#54 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24625 posts) -

but that Rusty's Real Time Baseball and Steel Diver 2!

Those are games we've been asking for ages! Hard core right? An FPS from Nintendo and Micro-transactions! (sarcasm)

#55 Edited by superbuuman (2619 posts) -

but that Rusty's Real Time Baseball and Steel Diver 2!

Those are games we've been asking for ages! Hard core right? An FPS from Nintendo and Micro-transactions! (sarcasm)

lol..steel diver 2 is quite fun.

#56 Posted by _HazBro_ (124 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

Really?

I don't know about you but I don't have time anymore to play games at a faster pace, so between the 3DS and Wii U I'm pretty good for releases. Though I understand people who complain about the droughts, but it certainly doesn't feel like an issue for me... I'm still catching up on Wii U titles, I have W101, Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD to finish still.

#57 Posted by Litchie (16212 posts) -

Ok, me and my GF enjoyed it. They showed Little Mac for Smash Bros. which looks like a fun character, some more new Yoshi's Island footage, some DK, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, "X", Monster Hunter 4, Bayonetta, some nice looking indie games.. All of those games looks nice.

#58 Edited by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

"This direct was for games for spring"

And Nintendo announced that there will be no games on wiiU this spring other than Mario kart, which is months off, and dk.. which was supposed to come out last year but was delayed just so there was something to actually release the first few months of the year.

The lack of software coming out the first half of the Second year of the wiius life span is a fireable offense. Someone needed to be sacked

#59 Posted by superbuuman (2619 posts) -

yup..pretty much just DKC: TF Feb, then MK at the end of May..March & April will be crickets chirping.

#60 Posted by MirkoS77 (7026 posts) -

C'mon guys.

If you get hyped for E3, you are in all likelihood going to be left yet again disappointed. The U is sitting dead in the water. Nintendo is going to invest in it as little as possible from here on out.

What we are more than likely going to see at E3 for the U are more trailers, minimal reveals for games we already know of (characters, features), the new Zelda which is confirmed, more than likely Miyamoto's long rumored new IP, and that's it. To begin new development for that platform is simply wasted cash at this point, and Nintendo knows it. They will try to artificially prolong its life for as long as they can with games already in the pipeline, and that's it. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Their main focu will probably be directed toward their QoL platform. They will undoubtably push the 3DS hard with a few new reveals as it is their lifeblood right now, theyll speak on the changes that are coming (possibly accounts...someone said that Iwata says implementing them on the U's hardware is impossible? Bullshit, if that's in fact what he said he's full of it and it's just another pathetic excuse of his). But aside from Zelda I suspect the U will be hugely marginalized.

Given Nintendo's past reputation of disappointment after disappointment, I wouldn't expect much. Last E3 was the year they really needed to knock it out of the park and it was an extremely dull, conservative and safe show.

The days of Nintendo being an edgy, passionate, risky company are long gone and it'd be good to keep this in mind whenever it's known they're going to show something.

#61 Posted by mariokarthero (179 posts) -

I'm still waiting for a few things: Flipnote Studio 3D, a release date for Smash 4 and the return of certain Nintendo franchises!!! Get on it, Nintendo!! NOW!!