Xenoblade X Nintendo Direct(JP) Feb 6 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

This gonna be good.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

This gonna be good.

we shall see...

the online features will be most interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Already preordered here :P just have to wait for it to release and I will Lock myself into the living room for a week :D The GF will not be pleased -.-

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@KBFloYd Thanks for the heads up..

OH YEA! (in deep voice)...will be watching. :P

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

They've really got the hype train chugging along for this. Lets hope it's as good as it looks.

@Maddie_Larkin said:

Already preordered here :P just have to wait for it to release and I will Lock myself into the living room for a week :D The GF will not be pleased -.-

What's the point? There are no bonuses I'm aware of and it's unlikely it'll sell out universally on release.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm just excited the WiiU is finally going to get a proper RPG. Severely lacking on the system right now.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What horrible scan is that image from?

Please tell me the second game isn't going to be as God awful looking as the first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@garywood69 said:

They've really got the hype train chugging along for this. Lets hope it's as good as it looks.

@Maddie_Larkin said:

What's the point? There are no bonuses I'm aware of and it's unlikely it'll sell out universally on release.

Well where I live a Fifth of the retail Price tends to get cut if preordering. So there is some value in it. (it will cost the equalant of 50$ instead of 60$)

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@garywood69: Why not?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Not watching it. I want the experience new when I play through it. Thanks for the heads up though KB

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/02/nintendo-will-show-off-xenoblade-chronicles-xs-enormous-world-week/

Could you have picked a worse picture? LOL.

Yes, it will be exciting. A release date would be nice.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:

Please tell me the second game isn't going to be as God awful looking as the first.

picture looks beautiful to me...

smh..

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I cant wait for this game. i hope Riki is back somehow. I will miss him if he isnt.

Bigtakilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bigtakilla
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

My hopes for things we will see in the direct:

Shulk amiibo functionality that unlocks Shulk himself, the Monado, or Shulk avatar options.

Online hunts that will unlock special armor.

Customizable mechs (at least to a certain degree)

The character having a voice in the game OUTSIDE of battle (he does have a voice actor, they should go the extra step).

If they don't have all of these I don't care, but here's hoping they hit one or two of these.

Bigtakilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bigtakilla
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

@Jaysonguy: If you consider this horrible looking.

But then again I thought the first one looking pretty amazing as well.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By garywood69
@ttualumni13 said:

@garywood69: Why not?

Because it creates a set of bad incentives for developers and the industry as a whole. If you want to know why so many games get massive hype and look incredible but then get released as half-broken messes with crap framerates and often reduced graphical quality from the previews, pre-orders are largely to blame. (the reason so few current-gen games are 60fps despite the massive technical jump from the previous gen is essentially because you can't capture the framerate in screenshots (and people hugely base their impressions on screenshots))

If more people spent money based on reviews (assuming the reviewers aren't corrupt) and less based on preview hype, we'd generally end up with games that are better to play.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TTUalumni13

@garywood69: That would hold up if we were talking about a Ubisoft or EA game, doesn't really hold up in this instance..

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

I cant wait for this game. i hope Riki is back somehow. I will miss him if he isnt.

That would be cool, but I doubt it. At least the Nopon race will be back!

nefphlegm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nefphlegm
Member since 2004 • 605 Posts

@KBFloYd: I wonder if Gamespot will be covering any news of this? It would be good publicity for those who don't check the forums. Just throw it out there on the main page... NEW XENOBLADE VIDEO FOOTAGE FEBRUARY 6TH STAY TUNED ON YOUTUBE!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KBFloYd

@nefphlegm said:

@KBFloYd: I wonder if Gamespot will be covering any news of this? It would be good publicity for those who don't check the forums. Just throw it out there on the main page... NEW XENOBLADE VIDEO FOOTAGE FEBRUARY 6TH STAY TUNED ON YOUTUBE!

ign is having a bloodborne month

would be nice to have a nintendo month of something at gamespot.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By garywood69

@ttualumni13 said:

@garywood69: That would hold up if we were talking about a Ubisoft or EA game, doesn't really hold up in this instance..

Well the principle remains the same. I agree that Nintendo are far less likely to abuse the system because they put so much care and value their work so much (and by extension their 2nd party devs). But should they ever change that attitude, the system of gullibility and exploitation will be there ready for them to use.
I agree it's very unlikely this game will disappoint though!

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2R7t_wqlQ

For anyone who wants to watch the direct live!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TTUalumni13

@garywood69: I agree with your premise though, if Nintendo started doing that rush now fix later strategy so many devs have adopted, I wouldn't buy games until they were released and patched... learned my lesson from Skyrim, last game I pre-ordered before now. .

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 roboccs

@garywood69: I'll eventually pre-order X from Amazon soon. The only reason I want to do that is because I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards to use and if I pre-order that'll hopefully ensure that I get the game very quickly after release. I'd consider going digital but I can't justify spending money for the digital copy when I already have the amazon cash. If they would do the digital DL eshop codes on Amazon like they do for PSN points I'd probably go the digital route.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 roboccs

The direct was pretty cool I guess. It would have been better if I spoke Japanese. It appeared to just explain (I'll spoiler tag it in case people want to watch it for themselves. No real story spoilers or anything big there though: how the world and some of the map systems worked. It showed landmarks and discoveries which were very similar to the original Xenoblade. It also showed this beacon system that if planted appeared to display more adjacent area details on the map. It showed off some environments (which were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS), running, use of mechs for travel.

There was a lot of different music played during different times. It's got a lot more vocals which I can take or leave. The music is decent overall but does not compare to Xenoblade's... still lightning would have had to strike twice for it to come close to the original's because it was probably the best gaming soundtrack of all time.

My opinion.... the game is going to be very similar to Xenoblade in how certain systems work, they are just now refining these systems and making use of the hardware that they were limited with on the original Wii. The story and music will be much more anime. I've never really watched a lot of anime but from the bits I've seen, this reminded me a lot of an anime. The music especially.

This is still BY FAR my most anticipated game.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Just saw the Nintendo Direct. Man, this game looks amazing. Those environments. Dat world. Ermergerd! O_o

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KBFloYd

it looks so damn beautiful....is it 60FPS? it looks 60 to me sometimes? higher than 30?

this is nintendos answer to final fantasy.

splatoon is their answer to call of duty.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 garywood69

@KBFloYd:

I think all of the trailers we've seen so far have been in video that's 30fps or lower. So we probably don't know yet if it's 60 or not. To be honest, it's not the sort of genre where 60fps is THAT important, although it's obviously preferable.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

@Bigtakilla:

Let's not kid ourselves, the game doesn't look particularly great, but considering what it is working with-- expansive world and active JRPG combat-- it is expected. The animations look stiff like the first game, too. These are not problems to me, it is probably a sign of good prioritizing, but I think touting its graphics is a mistake, let alone hyping yourself on them.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KBFloYd

@TilxWLOC said:

@Bigtakilla:

Let's not kid ourselves, the game doesn't look particularly great, but considering what it is working with-- expansive world and active JRPG combat-- it is expected. The animations look stiff like the first game, too. These are not problems to me, it is probably a sign of good prioritizing, but I think touting its graphics is a mistake, let alone hyping yourself on them.

it looks gorgeous...cmon!

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TilxWLOC

@KBFloYd:

Aesthetically? Sure.

Technically? Nah.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

@TilxWLOC said:

@KBFloYd:

Aesthetically? Sure.

Technically? Nah.

both...

what game looks better?

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TilxWLOC

@KBFloYd:

Better lighting, shadows, and water effects.
Better textures.
Better textures.

Sorry, I've never posted images before. I tried to find comparable screenshots so I could only use Uncharted 1 out of the 3.

Anyway, I'm not trying to knock the game it is my most hyped game of-- well-- at least this year. I understand that graphics are not a priority and the scale is massive. I'm also not sure how big of a studio Monolith Soft. is and they could be well under the budget of those that make better looking games. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that this game is spectacular from a technical standpoint, though.

Like I said before, I love how the game looks aesthetically, and I'm excited to see what they do with that. Considering what they did with the environments in the original Xenoblade I'm sure it will be great. Also, I prefer stiff animations and less-then-stellar graphics to them prioritizing that and screwing up the actual content, which looks superb so far. I'm still waiting for Game Stop to start taking pre-orders, I like physical copies and I'm not going to miss out in the case that it goes the way of Xenoblade.

Keep in mind, last gen I was playing PS2, OG-Xbox and Wii. I am no expert, but I'll call it as I see it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KBFloYd

@TilxWLOC said:

@KBFloYd:

Sorry, I've never posted images before. I tried to find comparable screenshots so I could only use Uncharted 1 out of the 3.

Anyway, I'm not trying to knock the game it is my most hyped game of-- well-- at least this year. I understand that graphics are not a priority and the scale is massive. I'm also not sure how big of a studio Monolith Soft. is and they could be well under the budget of those that make better looking games. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that this game is spectacular from a technical standpoint, though.

Like I said before, I love how the game looks aesthetically, and I'm excited to see what they do with that. Considering what they did with the environments in the original Xenoblade I'm sure it will be great. Also, I prefer stiff animations and less-then-stellar graphics to them prioritizing that and screwing up the actual content, which looks superb so far. I'm still waiting for Game Stop to start taking pre-orders, I like physical copies and I'm not going to miss out in the case that it goes the way of Xenoblade.

Keep in mind, last gen I was playing PS2, OG-Xbox and Wii. I am no expert, but I'll call it as I see it.

so uncharted 4 looks better?

lol ok.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TilxWLOC

@KBFloYd said:

lol ok.

Sorry mate, I don't know what to tell you. I'm just being honest and trying to add to the discussion. You're not really trying to discuss this with me, though. I didn't mention Uncharted 4 in fact I only mentioned 1-3 because I know comparing a Wii U game to PS4, XBone, or PC games is not fair as no Wii U game has a level playing field with that. I specifically picked last-gen games, third person games, and screenshots that were similar to the Xenoblade X screenshot that was approved above as an example of Xenoblade X being visually adept.

I'm fine with being proven wrong, but what you present is no argument.

I'm not trying to turn this into System Wars, I was merely pointing out that the game is visually lacking in the technical department, when that aspect is taken on its own. I don't think this is a detriment to the game, rather I think the opposite. It is more of a warning so that people don't over-hype the visuals and end up disappointed.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KBFloYd

@TilxWLOC said:

@KBFloYd said:

lol ok.

Sorry mate, I don't know what to tell you. I'm just being honest and trying to add to the discussion. You're not really trying to discuss this with me, though. I didn't mention Uncharted 4 in fact I only mentioned 1-3 because I know comparing a Wii U game to PS4, XBone, or PC games is not fair as no Wii U game has a level playing field with that. I specifically picked last-gen games, third person games, and screenshots that were similar to the Xenoblade X screenshot that was approved above as an example of Xenoblade X being visually adept.

I'm fine with being proven wrong, but what you present is no argument.

I'm not trying to turn this into System Wars, I was merely pointing out that the game is visually lacking in the technical department, when that aspect is taken on its own. I don't think this is a detriment to the game, rather I think the opposite. It is more of a warning so that people don't over-hype the visuals and end up disappointed.

uncharted 4 looks ass...thats why i lold...if that was the choice you wanted to prove me wrong with you failed.

lets just forget it and move on...this is the nintendo forum..not system wars.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

You're really stretching to find something to hate here, aren't you?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@garywood69 said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

probably has something to do with the fact that it was almost impossible to find xenoblade chronicles at release

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@TilxWLOC said:

@KBFloYd:

Better textures.
Better textures.

uh... the WiiU isnt even as powerful as a 360 or PS3..... let alone a PS4.

im not sure what the point of these comparisons are.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KBFloYd

@cyloninside said:

i said xenoblade looks as good as any game on ps4..

i stand by that....

but whatever lets forget it please... i will get moderated.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TilxWLOC
@cyloninside said:

KBFloYd asked me for it. I was, originally, just advising people not to over-hype the visuals because it will likely be a let down if you do. I will not comment anymore on it though, as I'm not trying to turn this into System Wars and I don't want to ruin the thread.

Other than that I don't have anything to add to the discussion other than generic hype posts. I guess I'll say that I'd watch out for the video because it spoils some areas from what I can tell; I skipped that part. Also, pre-odering is something I don't see a problem with for this game because of their track-record and based on Xenoblade's run, it isn't ensured to be around for too long-- if you want a physical copy. However, someone has already pointed this out.