Xenoblade Chronicles GS Review

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/monadobeginningoftheworld/review.html

9.0 :). Good score for the game. I'm hoping this comes to America.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

I'm hoping this comes to America.

waitaseck

We all are but I'm about to say "screw it" and just import it from GAME.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
I hate you so much, Nintendo of America.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I can't wait until I get the chance to play. :)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

So many positive reviews. So much envy. :(

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

That score is way off. Should have been 8.5

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

While I understand why people want the game to come to NA, the anger at NoA is unjustified

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
editor's choice. "NOT WORTH IT".
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Fantastic score! And because I live in a PAL region, I'm gonna pick this game up ^__^

The music deserves special mention. That video in the GS review had awesome music :D

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
The first AAAE game for the Wii in a couple years and it's not coming to NA? Screw you Nintendo of America, screw you.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
I'm almost refusing to believe that with all this acclaim, it's not going to make it to America. I'd be dumbfounded. Regardless, I sent my letter to Reggie about this game and The Last Story already. If they never come over, I'll find less refined ways to play them, but I'll play them.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I'm almost refusing to believe that with all this acclaim, it's not going to make it to America. I'd be dumbfounded. Regardless, I sent my letter to Reggie about this game and The Last Story already. If they never come over, I'll find less refined ways to play them, but I'll play them.homegirl2180

Damn right I will.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#13 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Hopefully if it's a success in Europe it will come over to america.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Glad my import is on the way ;)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
from GS thats a nice surprise of ascore
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
the anger at NoA is unjustifiedLaytonsCat
I think it's justifiable.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]the anger at NoA is unjustifiedMinishdriveby

Im not really angry at NoA for not localizing it (yet and or never), I just wish they explained their reasoning. I can understand if they have done some sort of research and it shows that the game wont sell enough to be worth the localization or something like that. But a simple "We have no plans" isnt enough for me.

Iridescent406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Iridescent406
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

"Good"? That's fantastic! Nintendo would have to be some pretty sore losers not to see this being a potential gold-mine in North America.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Me too.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

While I understand why people want the game to come to NA, the anger at NoA is unjustified

LaytonsCat

Haha, what? How is it unjustified? Not releasing a highly praised game in the states is completely idiotic, especially since it's getting released in the UK.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Im not really angry at NoA for not localizing it (yet and or never), I just wish they explained their reasoning. I can understand if they have done some sort of research and it shows that the game wont sell enough to be worth the localization or something like that. But a simple "We have no plans" isnt enough for me.

Gamingclone
So you understand the reasoning, you just want to hear them state the obvious? Why, how will that make anyone feel better? All the response will be is "I'm telling you I'm going to buy these games, what do you mean they wont sale" Like it has been said before.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Sepewrath
So you understand the reasoning, you just want to hear them state the obvious? Why, how will that make anyone feel better? All the response will be is "I'm telling you I'm going to buy these games, what do you mean they wont sale" Like it has been said before.

THAT'S RIGHT! When I say you have said though, my only freekin response from them is "u a fanboy and u defend ninty for everything and 4 that u r discredited you freekin fanboy." But as always, I'M RIGHT.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I can't wait until I get the chance to play. :)

Pixel-Perfect
Same here. :P Just need to save up to get it. :(
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Xenoblade's apparently an amazing game, genre-changing amazing and it's receiving massive critical acclaim. I can't say I respect NoA's decision to not bring this over, nor do I understand why, but I still hang on to some hope that people over here will still see a release

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Ah God, now I feel even worse that this isn't coming to America.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

GS is really tough on Wii games (most of the time), so I'm pleased to see this game got a 9.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Ninty's watching this game's sales in Europe currently so if it sells wellenough in Europe they may release it in NA.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#28 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I have it coming in the mail (I live in Australia) - it seems really backwards that we are getting it and NA isn't. It seems especially cruel now that it is shown to be a great game. Maybe they'll reverse the decision...
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts
Seems good, and I live in Europe, but I'm not sure if I'll get it. The videos I've seen of the game didn't look fun.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I personally believe it will sell quite a low amount of games. Although it scored great and a lot of gamers look forward to it, it's still a very minor minority over here at these forums going all crazy about this game. I bought this game today from GAMES and I asked if they had many left and she they only had like 2 copies left so I was like "So I guess it sold really well?" and she said they had only taken in like ten copies of the game yesterday...

Hard to say if that's true or not, or whatever but I doubt this game will sell well. It's a japanese rpg for wii, not a shooter nor mario nor Zelda... I bet this game will sell low.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Awesome score, may get this game.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

^ yes, critical acclaim does not necessarily translate into commercial success.

At the same time I don't understand the whole "don't be mad at Nintendo" thing. Yes they are a business, I'll accept that the game won't sell 20 million units (which apparently makes it unviable), and yes I understand that they aren't going to come out and say the real reason why they won't bother with the game. What I'm upset about is that there is a really good game out there that I can't play unless I pick up a new system (those of you that say "just soft-mod it takes 5 minutes!" I say that I bought my Wii just last year and soft mods do not work on newer models). When NoA's fanbase begged to get the game released they were told to piss off (in PR-speak). That put me in a bad mood, and all of the praise that has been heaped on this game just makes me moodier.

So here's the deal: NoA can do whatever they want, and I can react however I feel like. Sound fair?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#34 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

LaytonsCat
Nintendo trolled us. They said they were targeting the hardcore audience, yet they don' release THREE hardcore games in U.S.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I honestly believe this will get realeased in the states, but if not then christ what a let down.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#36 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Nice. Now I want it even more! Just ordered :P
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LaytonsCat

No they have to make money. A game like this whether you like it or not will not sell well. Especially when game sales are at their lowest in almost five years

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]the anger at NoA is unjustifiedLaytonsCat

No they have to make money. A game like this whether you like it or not will not sell well. Especially when game sales are at their lowest in almost five years

What the hell do you expect? You can't push a console solely on first-party and every odd third party games.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LaytonsCat

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] I think it's justifiable.TheFallenDemon

What the hell do you expect? You can't push a console solely on first-party and every odd third party games.

Thats exactly what they've done since the NES, it just seems worse now do to the internet

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"][QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

LaytonsCat

Thats exactly what they've done since the NES, it just seems worse now do to the internet

all these defending NoA ridiculous decision has become delusional..you forgot SNES/Super Famicom which had great first party titles & loads of great 3rd party titles. Not just every odd 3rd party game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath

People "defending" the decision are no more delusional than those who chose to ignore facts, these games despite the demands for them, never sale, so of course they are going to be gunshy about committing to it. Especially when the audiences stance is, "Its all three or it doesn't count" People acting like their your best friend who wont let you borrow a toy and not a business, are the ones who are delusional.

Xenoblade's apparently an amazing game, genre-changing amazing and it's receiving massive critical acclaim. I can't say I respect NoA's decision to not bring this over, nor do I understand why, but I still hang on to some hope that people over here will still see a release

ZIVX

Well one thing that is definitely genre changing is the games HUD, that is JRPG 101, they got this great looking environment and they hide it behind 50ft of HUD lol. The missed the boat on the minimalist approach.

Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts

LaytonsCat
No it's not. Take your fanboy goggles off for one seconde. They deserve as much criticism as they can get. If it was MS or Sony, this game would already be out in every region.
Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts

People "defending" the decision are no more delusional than those who chose to ignore facts, these games despite the demands for them, never sale, so of course they are going to be gunshy about committing to it. Especially when the audiences stance is, "Its all three or it doesn't count" People acting like their your best friend who wont let you borrow a toy and not a business, are the ones who are delusional. [QUOTE="ZIVX"]

Sepewrath

Well one thing that is definitely genre changing is the games HUD, that is JRPG 101, they got this great looking environment and they hide it behind 50ft of HUD lol. The missed the boat on the minimalist approach.

you're the one who is delusional about the industry. NoA didn't localise this because they couldn't be bothered. Nothing to do with the damn market. look at Wii's 2011 lineup, it's crap. This is the only AAA game and they aren't releasing it here. That's all that needs to be said. Other publishers would have published this game a long time ago. And i like how you took a nice popshot at xenoblade(a rubbish one since the HUD isn't bad) because you're annoyed people are criticising NoA

coltACP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 coltACP
Member since 2004 • 1044 Posts

I'm only 7 hours into this game and it certainly is something special, the combat while at first i was like huh?? (first five minutes) it is as great as the reviews say.The graphics test the wii in completely different ways, focussing on wide environments rather than up close details that people love to nitpic over, it makes a refreshing change to be honest, because it looks and feels like a world, rather than a nicely painted corridor (most modern HD games are guilty of this even with the distance shots), because you see a city in the distance, and you can get over to the damn thing an go through it, ratehr than it merely being a picture or land LOD.

The design is great, and while the story may be fairly typical and script not the greatest (it tends to try an tail off to be deep but doesn't come across as well as it could) it still keeps you wanting to know what is going to happen next.Lots to do,great combat, visuals to behold at times, i cannot wait to get to the end of this one.

As for america not getting this, i think Nintendo will release it, i have a feeling they want to drum up a furroar so that the yanks buy it, because alot of great Wii games got crap sales figures in the states when really they should have made a mint.Oh an btw Europe never got Monolith softs last game (baiten kaitos origins) and i wanted to play that game too, so role reversal for a change.They will either release it or Monolith will HD and ramp up the textures for WII-U laaunch title release, having map, touch button combat panels on the touch screen would be awesome , an devoting your full screen to the tasty landscapes.They own Monolith, so it would not suprise me if this ace will be played more prominently.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]the anger at NoA is unjustifiedLaytonsCat

As a consumer I'm aloud to be angered if a giant corporation does something that I don't agree with. The fact that the majority of games that are released in NA have higher sales than games released in EU proves that "they have to make money" isn't what they're going for because they are going to make less money by releasing the games in Europe. Here is the sales for each region.... as you can see the Americas have the highest sales for almost every game. http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=Wii&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
To those who are defending NoA's actions, let me ask you a simple question; Would you rather play this game, or any other that NoA has refused to publish, or would you rather NoA make that safest possible business decision? Now if you answered with the former, I suppose your arguments of "The anger is unjustified" and "they wouldn't sell anyway" don't have any merit here. If you homestly prefer the latter, might I suggest attending NoA investor's meetings rather than wasting time on these forums. :wink:
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sepewrath

you're the one who is delusional about the industry. NoA didn't localise this because they couldn't be bothered. Nothing to do with the damn market. look at Wii's 2011 lineup, it's crap. This is the only AAA game and they aren't releasing it here. That's all that needs to be said. Other publishers would have published this game a long time ago. And i like how you took a nice popshot at xenoblade(a rubbish one since the HUD isn't bad) because you're annoyed people are criticising NoA

Ninja_Odin
Case in point of delusion, first off, Nintendo will always bother themselves to make money, if they really thought this was going to fly off the shelves, it would be out already. And other publishers would have published it? What proof do you have of that, you think Nintendo is the first company to not localize a game? And I took a "popshot" at Xenoblade because it does have a bad HUD, if you can live with it fine, buts its a flaw to me. Come back to reality, Xenoblade is not the perfect game that NOA is choosing to not bring over, because of some kind of malicious conspiracy, they didn't suddenly decide "Oh we don't feel like making money anymore" that's just stupid. They simply don't believe it will sale and hence have no interest in sending a game out to die, that's it. I don't care if people criticize NoA, just expect when you say nonsense, that people will call you on it.
Here is the sales for each region.... as you can see the Americas have the highest sales for almost every game.Minishdriveby
Now go look at the sales of these niche import RPG titles and see that, the sales numbers are pretty close between NA and EU despite the fact that NA has over 7 million more users than EU. So given that, who seems to be more interested in these games, NA or EU? This is not rocket science, it takes the bare minimum of logic to comprehend the situation. It EU sells to 2% of the audience with these games and NA sells to .01% who do you think is going to be the preferred option there?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sepewrath
To those who are defending NoA's actions, let me ask you a simple question; Would you rather play this game, or any other that NoA has refused to publish, or would you rather NoA make that safest possible business decision? Now if you answered with the former, I suppose your arguments of "The anger is unjustified" and "they wouldn't sell anyway" don't have any merit here. If you homestly prefer the latter, might I suggest attending NoA investor's meetings rather than wasting time on these forums. :wink:meetroid8
I would much rather play a lot of games that don't make it to the US, I think any gamer would. But this isn't a perfect world scenario, their a business and they make decisions that are good for their business. Now let me ask you, as a business, would you be willing to flush money down the toilet? And don't answer as a member of the audience, thinking "Yeah because, I'm a loyal fan" No think as someone actually running a business, would you invest millions of dollars into a project, when you know, your not going to get it back?
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]To those who are defending NoA's actions, let me ask you a simple question; Would you rather play this game, or any other that NoA has refused to publish, or would you rather NoA make that safest possible business decision? Now if you answered with the former, I suppose your arguments of "The anger is unjustified" and "they wouldn't sell anyway" don't have any merit here. If you homestly prefer the latter, might I suggest attending NoA investor's meetings rather than wasting time on these forums. :wink:Sepewrath
I would much rather play a lot of games that don't make it to the US, I think any gamer would. But this isn't a perfect world scenario, their a business and they make decisions that are good for their business. Now let me ask you, as a business, would you be willing to flush money down the toilet? And don't answer as a member of the audience, thinking "Yeah because, I'm a loyal fan" No think as someone actually running a business, would you invest millions of dollars into a project, when you know, your not going to get it back?

You can't have business without risk. They don't know whether or not they'll lose money until they try publishing the game, if they lose some money then that is that. They will be more knowledgeable about the market and how to deal with fan requests, and there is always the chance to make a profit. The games wouldn't have ever been developed in the first place if they weren't expected to pay back on the investment. Like I said, sure Nintendo can always make the safest decision, and then we would never have had motion controls or games like Eternal Darkness. All I'm saying is take a chance, see what happens, what is the worst thing that could happen?
PoindeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PoindeJ
Member since 2005 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]To those who are defending NoA's actions, let me ask you a simple question; Would you rather play this game, or any other that NoA has refused to publish, or would you rather NoA make that safest possible business decision? Now if you answered with the former, I suppose your arguments of "The anger is unjustified" and "they wouldn't sell anyway" don't have any merit here. If you homestly prefer the latter, might I suggest attending NoA investor's meetings rather than wasting time on these forums. :wink:meetroid8

You can't have business without risk. They don't know whether or not they'll lose money until they try publishing the game, if they lose some money then that is that. They will be more knowledgeable about the market and how to deal with fan requests, and there is always the chance to make a profit. The games wouldn't have ever been developed in the first place if they weren't expected to pay back on the investment. Like I said, sure Nintendo can always make the safest decision, and then we would never have had motion controls or games like Eternal Darkness. All I'm saying is take a chance, see what happens, what is the worst thing that could happen?

Exactly. And especially given the fact that 1) the Wii userbase in the US is larger than any other Nintendo console ever, 2) the game has gotten LOTS of positive reviews and attention from Operation Rainfall, not to mention a number of already-guaranteed pre-orders, and 3) Nintendo has made tons of money over the past five years with the Wii and DS, I find it hart to believe that there is much "risk" at all anymore. No, this game will not sell millions upon millions, but it will sell if released to North America. It will make Nintendo a profit -- especially because they don't even have to do any localization work if they don't want to. (I'm fine with British-sounding dubbed voicework; just let me play the game.)