Xbox fan, DS Lite or DSi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Evdne971 (223 posts) -

So as most of you may know, the xbox one hasn't been the smoothest experience for gamers.

So I while I wait for these Hardware and connection issues to die down, I wanted to get a DS Lite or DSi

I want to play GBA games on the Lite, but would the DSi make up for lack of backwards compatibility with better games and hardware?

#2 Edited by KBFloYd (13207 posts) -

nope...dsi games are rare and suck..hardware is the same.the only reason to get a dsi is the built in camera....and download some games from the eshop...

dslite plays all the good games and gba games...id get that.

#3 Posted by psx_warrior (1506 posts) -

You'd be better off replacing the DSi with the 3DS as your main choice between DS models seeing as the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, in which case you have a full library of DS games to play as well as an ever growing library of 3DS games.

#4 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Screw the DSi, you want the DS Lite for sure.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

You'd be better off replacing the DSi with the 3DS as your main choice between DS models seeing as the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, in which case you have a full library of DS games to play as well as an ever growing library of 3DS games.

He said he wants to play GBA games, which is something you can't do on the 3DS, but can on the DS Lite.

#6 Posted by psx_warrior (1506 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa:

@psx_warrior said:

He said he wants to play GBA games, which is something you can't do on the 3DS, but can on the DS Lite.

He also was comparing DSi to DS Lite and whether or not DSi had better games and hardware to be able to make up for lack of backward compatibility. This is why I suggested replacing DSi with 3DS as that system certainly has better hardware plus backwards compatibility with all DS games. So TC could own the DS Lite which plays all DS and GBA games, or 3DS which plays all DS games plus 3DS games.

#7 Posted by Evdne971 (223 posts) -

Thanks guys, the last nintendo I had was a N64, NES, and SN

#8 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1111 posts) -

I highly recommend the 3DSXL and GBASP combo. You can basically play any DS and Gameboy game ever with those 2 systems!

#9 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6990 posts) -

It would really be nice if Nintendo would get on the ball and start putting all the good GBA games on the eshop. Who knows when, if ever, that will happen, though, so if you are interested in the GBA library, I would go with the DS Lite.

#10 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

DS Lite was hands down my favorite version of the original DS hardware. Not only for the GBA games, but also because it supported Guitar Hero: On Tour- the best tracklist in the entire series, if you ask me.

But if you've got no interest in GH, I'd do what that other fellow suggested- try to track down a 2nd gen GBA SP(with the backlit screen) and pair it with a 3DS. The 3DS will get you the online benefits of the DSi and the whole DS library, but will also net you a handheld that just had(or so I've heard claimed) the best 2013 of all handheld and home consoles.

#11 Posted by PiscesAnimeGirl (234 posts) -

You should get the DS Lite definitely since you want to play GBA games

#12 Posted by Blabadon (25952 posts) -

DS Lite, though a certain Sony console is by far and away the best GameBoy Advance player out there *cough*