would you pay for mariokart 7 dlc tracks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by snesmast4r2260 (24 posts) -
if mk 7 had retro dlc tracks it would make the game perfect ..and voicechat. bt just think of how nintendo could do this granite weve had alot bad and expensive dlc this console gen bt if they did it right then we have thest mariokart in existance.this might not come to the 3ds but the wii u mariokart will definily get some dlc. to much money nintendos missn
#2 Posted by outworld222 (2504 posts) -

That would imply that I would run to a Gamestop store and buy Mario Kart 7 at first :/

#3 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
No, I wouldn't. Why? Because Nintendo (like Sony) is stupid enough to not accept CC from Latin America.
#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4313 posts) -

That would imply that I would run to a Gamestop store and buy Mario Kart 7 at first :/

outworld222

Then this topic is obviously not for you.

As far as DLC MK7 tracks, I would consider it depending on the price and how many tracks there are.

#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (20310 posts) -
If the price was right (maybe $5 per cup) than definatly.
#6 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

No but I would pay for a offline versus quick play mode.

#7 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Mario Kart could make great use of DLC as long as Nintendo kept it honest and reasonably priced, so why not?

#8 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11594 posts) -
If the track pack included new characters or car parts, sure.
#9 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Yes, but I would prefer they either do

1. Other DLC that expands upon singleplayer modes (challenges and such), battle modes, and other interesting content.
  2. Just start making the next one or something. Then again, it is one per system, so maybe do the DLC :P.
#10 Posted by Bigboi500 (30828 posts) -

Yes. I'd pay as much as $10 for a new cup worth of tracks, and $5 for retro ones. I'd also love a feature for SP that allowed you to turn off weapons and just race.

#11 Posted by the_phenom_ (2992 posts) -
I would as long as it's not overpriced.
#12 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -
Yes of course. DLC is common for all games anymore. Why not add a few tracks, modes, characters?
#13 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I'd be thrilled for new tracks paid or otherwise.

#14 Posted by ekalbtwin (1044 posts) -
As with everything else, it depends on the price and amount of quality that comes with it. New tracks for a dollar or two or a new cup for five or ten seem good to me, as long as tey are as good as the ones already in the game.
#15 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9323 posts) -

It would depend mostly on how well designed the tracks are. I love time trials more than anything else in Mario Kart personally. It would especially be cool if they released tracks themed around other famous nintendo franchises like zelda, pikmin, and metroid.

#16 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5987 posts) -
Yes, I'd love more tracks
#17 Posted by JustBoomer (188 posts) -

If the price is right, then yes I'll download.:D

#18 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

No. Never. I abhor the practice of adding downloadable content to games and charging for it. I never have and never will purchase it.

#19 Posted by snesmast4r2260 (24 posts) -

No. Never. I abhor the practice of adding downloadable content to games and charging for it. I never have and never will purchase it.

Euaggelistes
ok then we:ll have fun without ya lol
#20 Posted by snesmast4r2260 (24 posts) -

outworld222
if your objective is to post the most idiotic comment in gamespot history then you have overacheived greatly.... god idiots
#21 Posted by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

Yeah sure but i would care more for Super Mario 3D land, the only negative thing about that game is when you run out of levels to play, even if you do every over again with Weegee to unlock the last level.

as for NSMB2, i was VERY satisfied with the Nerve-wrack pack, i want More kick assery levels like that, otherwise NSMBU already got that covered and im expecting good things with what i heard so far but its gamespot so halleluya if it manages to get more than an 8

#22 Posted by Epak_ (6921 posts) -

Yes, yes I would.

#23 Posted by Rawrrah (38 posts) -
It really depends on the price for each track. I don't want to pay much more than 1 for a Retro track, even though there are many Retro tracks I wish to race on again. The only exception is Baby Park from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. I would pay, like, double the price to get to race that track again. ^^
#24 Posted by DealRogers (4583 posts) -

I don't know at this point, I don't play it anymore.

#25 Posted by HotelShy (28 posts) -

yea I would.

#26 Posted by GamespotSux_IKR (63 posts) -

absolutly! Make my Dlc a Nintendo 64 track pack! Yahoo!

#27 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

If it brings back N64 Tracks & few extra characters that got left out then yes I would for a reasonable pricing.

#28 Posted by Nozizaki (1471 posts) -
Wouldn't even flinch, and would get regardless of price. :P
#29 Posted by Bangerman15 (1978 posts) -
If it came with bonus characters like freakn Diddy kong.. idk why they didn't put him in the game. Like others have said though, I would buy it if it's reasonably priced and if the levels were good. Doesn't hurt to have more Mario kart tracks :)
#30 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Yes, depending on price. I wouldn't pay as much for retro tracks, though. Put some actual work into it, give me a full brand new cup, a new character or two, and a bunch of kart pieces and I might (might) pay six or seven bucks.
#31 Posted by agp31 (75 posts) -
I would buy day 1