Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Puxido
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts

Going off Luigi's mansion, lets assume he got to keep the mansion. Even if we don't assume that, lets look at what he can do while he's there. I don't remember too much from the Gamecube game, but the DS sequel, look at all the gold he finds in the Mansions. I think it's safe to assume that he's richer than Mario to some point.

Though, I assume it's also to a point to bring up what continuity were speaking in. I don't think we should use the original Mario games to determine the value of Gold in the Mario universe, too much of it and it would cause inflation. Not to mention that you never spend the gold on anything, meaning you can never determine the value of said gold.

I think its safe to go off the Mario rpg's in this case. Not only can you spend the gold, its harder to accumulate, and there is much to spend it on that we can compare to our world, like a days sleep in an inn (or motel), "Potions", ect. Even if you find it hard to compare to our worlds currencies, you should still be able to compare it to common tabletop rpg's, or video game rpgs like Final fantasy and whatnot, to determine what the value of gold.

That being said, going off the logic of the Mario rpg's in comparison to tabletop gaming, the amount of gold he found in darkmoon alone, and the gems he hunted down. I think it would be very safe to assume that after Luigi's adventures, he would be very rich in the Mario universe.

Any thoughts on this?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Puxido:

O he rich all right. Hugh Hefner better watch out.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Puxido

@iandizion713: Did you make that just for this? Why is peach there?

I was hoping to have some more discussion on this thread.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iandizion713

@Puxido: Thats his Wife, the rest are just roommates.

I didnt make the picture, i just posted it to help fuel the discussion. I was trying to add something of more value but was having a hard time thinking of something to write.

He is super rich after getting all that gold, i was guessing he would be able to buy a Mansion like Mario did now.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Puxido

@iandizion713: I didn't know Mario had a Mansion, which game was this mentioned in?

As for his wife, wouldn't that be daisy?

I'm thinking of doing a huge comparison in video format comparing the Currency in the Mario franchise as seen in it's rpg's, compared to that of skyrim, final fantasy, and Dungeons and dragons/pathfinder.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iandizion713

@Puxido: O nvm, it was Luigi who won the mansion, i forgot and thought it was Mario who did.

Yeah Daisy would be more fitting for his wife.

Would be cool to compare the currency with the other games.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Puxido

@iandizion713: I'm thinking the best way to do so would be to tally up the entire gross sum of money Luigi collects in both Luigis mansion, and dark moon, and then take the base cost of a stay in the inn in rougeport in Mario and the thousand year door, and compare that to an inn stay in the base pathfinder core rulebook, and Skyrim. Or, take the cost of a fireflower in the same game, and compare that to similar potions in both skyrim and Pathfinder, to see what the base value of the Mushroom kingdoms currency is in comparison to these games.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iandizion713

@Puxido: That would be a cool comparison. Would be neat to see what each others currency would be worth in the others game.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Puxido

@iandizion713: Are there any sonic rpg's like the Mario rpg's?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iandizion713

@Puxido: Not that i know of, Sonic Black Knight on Wii had where you collect Swords and identify items, but i dont think it had a currency.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Puxido

@iandizion713: You would think that with the success of the Mario rpg's, that they would have done the same with the sonic franchise.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattahn123
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

No. Many people say Luigi and Mario are plumbers and plumbers do get paid well, but they are not rich.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Puxido

@mattahn123: True, but it would seem that they have taken up the role of adventurers as of late, and that can be profitable in the right circumstances.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Captain Toad has more money. He ends up with over a hundred giant diamonds that would be worth millions and mountains of gold coins. As far as pure swag goes the title goes to the Captain.

mattahn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattahn123
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

@Puxido: I guess so, with the making of his own personal games, he gets all of the coins!

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

What is this, Game Theory?

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Puxido

@bunchanumbers: Well I assume Luigi would be a close second. How should I go about this.... In Luigis mansion alone, the gamecube version, he gathers 7,680,000G worth of Gold coins, 5,000,000G worth of Blue Sapphires, 10,000,000G worth of Silver Diamonds, 3,800,000G worth of small pearls, 25,200,000G worth of dollar bills, 8,000,000G worth of Green Emeralds, 10,000G worth of Red Diamonds, 7,600,000G worth of Medium pearls, 6,100,000G worth of Gold Bars, 10,000,000G worth of Red Rubies, 40,000,000G worth of Gold Diamonds, and 19,000,000G worth of Big pearls.

All together, this accumulates 142,390,000G. The game suggests he uses it to build a Mansion, though I don't think he would spend all 142,390,000G on a building to live, though this is hard to verify. Either way, I don't think Luigi is doing too bad, and let's not forget that this isn't the only game where Luigi is played and accumulates money. In dark moon, there's lots of money to collect, though I would have to tally it up after all the upgrades are unlocked and how much gold would be left to collect in the Mansions.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Depending on what you do in Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube, Luigi can be excessively rich. Depending on the amount accumulated, he builds a new mansion of a certain size. The biggest you can build is about the size of the mansion he was exploring. He's not only stupid rich, but he likely has a stupidly big house to go along with it. I think it's safe to say that he is much wealthier than Mario. He may not be a mass murdering sociopath who regularly slaughters his way to the Princess, but his job seems to pay better.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Peach is Mario´s crush, don´t know what the hell she´s doing there, with all that dough Luigi can have Kendra, Holly, Bridget and BAYONETTA !

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Puxido

@YearoftheSnake5: I wouldn't go as far to say he would be more wealthier than Mario, after all Mario is with the Princess, whom I assume would be richer than anyone in the Kingdom. But I do assume Luigi would be a very close second after Luigis Mansion.