Worth getting Wii U Pro Controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I heard it has an 80 hour battery life. Does it really last that long? =O

I've got some store credit I could use on one. Seems like it'd be good to have for games that don't have any useful Gamepad functionality.

I've played a bit of AC4 and while the gamepad isn't comfortable, i'd rather finish it using a more lightweight controller with better battery since the gamepad screen isn't used much. I suspect it'll come in handy with games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros next year too.

Thoughts?

ail_taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#2  Edited By ail_taco
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

follow your gut

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

The price is a bit steep but I'd say it's worth it. It's the controller I use mostly for Arkham Origins and Ghosts as well as a few others. It's very comfortable with the only problem being the digital triggers.

As far as battery goes, I've never timed it but it really does last a very long time. I played through Wind Waker, Arkham Origins, Ghosts campaign + multiplayer and some FIFA and the red light has yet to come on.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

The price is a bit steep but I'd say it's worth it. It's the controller I use mostly for Arkham Origins and Ghosts as well as a few others. It's very comfortable with the only problem being the digital triggers.

As far as battery goes, I've never timed it but it really does last a very long time. I played through Wind Waker, Arkham Origins, Ghosts campaign + multiplayer and some FIFA and the red light has yet to come on.

You use the pro controller over the Wiimote + nunchuck for CoD? You're doing it wrong. :P

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaaksheep
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

@moltenix: its a great controller, i use mine alot. its nice to have the option to switch controllers, the pro controller is essential with some games. just make sure you get it at a good price

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

the pro contoller is the only reason i bought a wii u. i never wanted to use that gamepad since i was looking for a more classic experience to play the new nintendo games and with the pro controller i got it. i think except for the missing analog triggers, it's on par with the xbox360 controller and better than the ps3 controller.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I bought my Pro controller in January, and didn't need to recharge it again until a week ago. The battery lasts a crazy long time. I've played several games with both the pro controller and the Gamepad, but honestly, I like the Gamepad much more. If you like the 360 controller, it should be easy to get used to.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm getting 4 solely for the purpose of Smash Bros.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

You use the pro controller over the Wiimote + nunchuck for CoD? You're doing it wrong. :P

Yeah, haha. What's weird though is that before I had a 360 and PS3 I got World at War on Wii and thats the control method I used then I played the next few entries and other FPS on the 360 pad and got used to that. Now I can't use the wiimote + nunchuck :/

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

#10 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

If you think you need more battery life and you have games compatible with it why not get it?

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

The Pro controller feels GREAT and you rarely ever have to worry about battery. Also you'll probably need it for the new Smash Bros. eventually, so I would definitely get one.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

K guys, just bought one. It's so lightweight and feels amazing in the hands! The right-stick placement seemed weird but feels very natural once you hold it.

I think I might just like this more than the Dualshock3/360 Pad. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

AllDATanNsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 AllDATanNsum
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

does the Wiimote-nunchuk combo work better now all the wii-motes have motion plus? I have played a first-person shooter that way other than the Metriod Corruption game about five years ago, I think World at War was with the old wii-motes,

L4g1nDr4g0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 L4g1nDr4g0n
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

I have so much fun taking out twitchy wiimoters lol especially when they panic and start spraying everywhere xD

The Pro controller is definitely worth buying. I just hope they release a version with a headphone/keyboard jack.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@AllDATanNsum said:

does the Wiimote-nunchuk combo work better now all the wii-motes have motion plus? I have played a first-person shooter that way other than the Metriod Corruption game about five years ago, I think World at War was with the old wii-motes,

That depends on the game. If the game does not use the motion plus, then it will function as a regular wii remote. Games that use motion plus, such as Wii Sports Club, does have more precise controls than those who do not use motion plus (the original wii sports, for example).