Working headset for the Wii U....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SakanaSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SakanaSensei
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi guys!

i preordere my wii u and i need to wait until november 30th. Does any of you know what type of head set works with the wii u? can you plug in a normal pc head set and chat with its micrphone or you must use the gamepad microphone?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Any headset will work so long as it has a microphone.
SakanaSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SakanaSensei
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Any headset will work so long as it has a microphone.Haziqonfire

So can anyone make a list? i still dont understand if a pc headset works or i need to buy a headset compatible only for consoles?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am just curious. I plugged in my iphone earbuds and played black ops2. I could hear myself talking in game and the mic symbol was next to my name in game. I thought the gamepad mic doesn't work? I dont know if any one else heard me though I guess.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I am just curious. I plugged in my iphone earbuds and played black ops2. I could hear myself talking in game and the mic symbol was next to my name in game. I thought the gamepad mic doesn't work? I dont know if any one else heard me though I guess.AutoPilotOn

Iphone earbuds usually have a mic built in them. It's not the gamepad's mic.

guitarist4292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 guitarist4292
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts

I have a related question... if you did plug in a PC headset, would it function completely like headphones with a mic? Or is there a way to have just voice chat on the headset and the rest of the game sounds still on the TV, a la Xbox 360 headset? Thanks.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Any headset will work so long as it has a microphone.SakanaSensei

So can anyone make a list? i still dont understand if a pc headset works or i need to buy a headset compatible only for consoles?

Any will work. The ones that came with my phone work.

I have a related question... if you did plug in a PC headset, would it function completely like headphones with a mic? Or is there a way to have just voice chat on the headset and the rest of the game sounds still on the TV, a la Xbox 360 headset? Thanks.

guitarist4292

In Black Ops 2 you hear the game audio on the TV and choice chat on your headset.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

[QUOTE="SakanaSensei"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Haziqonfire

Any will work. The ones that came with my phone work.

guitarist4292

In Black Ops 2 you hear the game audio on the TV and choice chat on your headset.

what he said. You can also pick up a turtle beach headset at best buy for 20 bucks