Wireless vs. Wi-Fi multiplayer on DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

speedracer216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 speedracer216
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
Is there a difference between "wireless" and "wi-fi" multiplayer games for ds? does the game box have to have that wi-fi logo on the front to actually play over an internet connection? otherwise is it just ds2ds wireless in the same room or something?
speedracer216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 speedracer216
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
also, what does it mean that i'll lose all my info if i use the game on another DS? i'll lose it from the game and the ds? one or the other?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Wireless is what it means. Wireless play withing around 10-30 feet from one another. Wi-Fi is playing with anyone AROUND THE WORLD (even way at Japan which is way ,ore than 10-30 feet). The advantage with wireless is that most likely, you can communicate with your opponent who is near you, and it usually allows more players (DKR allows 8 players on wireless and 6 players on Wi-Fi I think making wireless have great number of players). Wi-Fi however, allows you to connect to the internet with an Opera DS Browser import or it allows you to play with anyone around the world whether it be in the Philippines, Uganda, Japan, France, etc. as long as you have internet connection and a wireless router (or a hotspot).
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Wi-fi is all the same thing, but nintendo likes to call their online the "nintendo Wi-Fi connection". Thats why ppl are constantly calling online play wifi.