will U be getting the Wii U?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

lol you think im so blinded by nostalgia, but do you not agree that Skyward Sword is the most linear 3D Zelda to date? Do you not agree that Prime 3 and Other M were more linear than prime 1, 2, and Super (and all the others)? There is no denying this. This is a fact. Is it really so unreasonable for me to want them to go back to being exploration based?.

Sepewrath

Yes I disagree, Metroid and Zelda(outside of the original which even itself had some) particularly since ALTTP, have always been linear. The game is designed to be beat in the order of X Y and Z, glitches that let you sequence break does not change that fact. No SS is not the most linear Zelda to date, it simply lacked a connected overworld. Its no different than the set path you were put on in all the other Zelda's. Could SS have used more side content? Yes. Is it any more of a designed path than he other Zelda's?No. The same goes for Metroid, The game is designed Ice Beam, Screwball, Gravity Suit, not get them in any order you want. So yes it is unreasonable for you to go back to something, they've never been. The only difference between games back then and games now, is they spell out how directed games are now.

Son of a gun Sapewrath! I am talking about the world itself, not the story! :P

The feel of exploration, sidestuff, and so on. Obviously Metroid and Zelda have a main storyline that is almost always linear. Perfectly fine by me. But let me explore the world for sidequests and hidden things, or even just to find where it is I am going and such.

#52 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

is this guy still b%%ching about zelda, and metroid?

god...good to see you back naveed life:roll:

oh good... a new game to b%ch about..paper mario..yey

#53 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

is this guy still b%%ching about zelda, and metroid?

god...good to see you back naveed life:roll:

oh good... a new game to b%ch about..paper mario..yey

KBFloYd

I missed you too! ;)

#54 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

lol you think im so blinded by nostalgia, but do you not agree that Skyward Sword is the most linear 3D Zelda to date? Do you not agree that Prime 3 and Other M were more linear than prime 1, 2, and Super (and all the others)? There is no denying this. This is a fact. Is it really so unreasonable for me to want them to go back to being exploration based?.

NaveedLife

Yes I disagree, Metroid and Zelda(outside of the original which even itself had some) particularly since ALTTP, have always been linear. The game is designed to be beat in the order of X Y and Z, glitches that let you sequence break does not change that fact. No SS is not the most linear Zelda to date, it simply lacked a connected overworld. Its no different than the set path you were put on in all the other Zelda's. Could SS have used more side content? Yes. Is it any more of a designed path than he other Zelda's?No. The same goes for Metroid, The game is designed Ice Beam, Screwball, Gravity Suit, not get them in any order you want. So yes it is unreasonable for you to go back to something, they've never been. The only difference between games back then and games now, is they spell out how directed games are now.

Son of a gun Sapewrath! I am talking about the world itself, not the story! :P

The feel of exploration, sidestuff, and so on. Obviously Metroid and Zelda have a main storyline that is almost always linear. Perfectly fine by me. But let me explore the world for sidequests and hidden things, or even just to find where it is I am going and such.

SS did have little hidden areas that though. I remember the first time in Faron woods stumbling upon this clearing that had a bunch of crows, and they would poop on Links head

#55 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

SS did have little hidden areas that though. I remember the first time in Faron woods stumbling upon this clearing that had a bunch of crows, and they would poop on Links head

Shinobishyguy

What?:|

#57 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

meetroid8

lmao, my thoughts exactly.

#58 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22358 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

NaveedLife

I can't believe you guys actaully missed this

#59 Posted by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -
#60 Posted by Pffrbt (6471 posts) -

I guess. I really only want two games for it and one doesn't come out till who knows when, so it's not like I need to pre-order it.

#61 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
#62 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

meetroid8

That's not a secret area. Cool little easter egg though.

Exactly. Didnt' know about it and thanks for sharing, but its an easter egg, not a hidden area. it is the equivelant to singing Zelda's lullaby in OoT to repair a sign. Or to the truth stones being blown up, hammered, and so on, reacting in different ways.

#63 Posted by wiifan001 (18349 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

NaveedLife

That's not a secret area. Cool little easter egg though.

Exactly. Didnt' know about it and thanks for sharing, but its an easter egg, not a hidden area. it is the equivelant to singing Zelda's lullaby in OoT to repair a sign. Or to the truth stones being blown up, hammered, and so on, reacting in different ways.

Or the mario characters in the castle. That's my favorite OoT easter egg :)
#64 Posted by Bubble_Man (3090 posts) -

Nah, I'm getting tired of buying consoles.

#65 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
Nahhh, I'm gonna wait it out. I got the original wii launch day, and after the novelty wore off I rarely played it. I just don't have much interest in it.
#66 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Eventually.
#67 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
Down to $211 left on my WiiU premium. I traded in Halo Reach towards it and got over $27.00. Not bad considering I paid about 30 for it a year ago.
#68 Posted by Alx1231 (527 posts) -

Got the deluxe edition preordered! Can't wait!

#69 Posted by Knocks (67 posts) -

Day zero

#70 Posted by CTR360 (6941 posts) -
not at launch probably next summer
#71 Posted by bjvill (140 posts) -
Definitely not getting it at launch, but I might pick one up further down the line.
#72 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2877 posts) -
I want one but I'm late to the party. Most of the re-sellers (Among the gamers) have slopped all the pre-orders down their big bellies =( I was put on the waiting list though, so I hope to get a call soon.
#73 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
I hear on oct 14 u can put a wiiu on layaway that acts like a preorder.
#74 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2877 posts) -
I hear on oct 14 u can put a wiiu on layaway that acts like a preorder. AutoPilotOn
Where at? There are a few places doing lay aways.
#75 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I hear on oct 14 u can put a wiiu on layaway that acts like a preorder. Hells_rebelion
Where at? There are a few places doing lay aways.

Lol sorry, Walmart. It was mentioned on a few websites oct14 u can preorder / layaway up to 2 wiius
#76 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/10/10/walmart-wii-u-in-store-pre-orders-begin-on-october-14th/
#77 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I have one preordered.
#78 Posted by MuppetusG (232 posts) -
Deluxe ZombiU incoming
#79 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

It's already in the back of my head.

#80 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8022 posts) -
Yes, not at launch though. Probably some time later next year.
#81 Posted by HotelShy (27 posts) -

Yes. Although im unsure of which one I want right now.

#82 Posted by fluffy_kins (2453 posts) -

If there is a Metroid game, I'll consider it. If it's another game like Other M, I'll probably just watch a YouTube playthrough and call it good. If it looks really good though, and there are a couple of other decent games for the system by then, I'll probably buy it. Hopefully by that time there will be a price cut as well

#83 Posted by Megavideogamer (5282 posts) -

Yes I have already paid for my pre-order for the Wii U deluxe set. Plus 3 games SuperMario U, Zombie U and Batman Arkham City Armoured edition. So I am ready for November 18th launch day. I have decided to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt and that this new control scheme is going to add new innovation to gameplay. This is something Nintendo has done well in the past. Adding new changes to controller designs with each Nintendo console. So the Wii U has a chance to be revolutionary.

At least for 1 year Nintendo can show the world. Wii U and what it can do.

#84 Posted by wizdom (10065 posts) -

im geting the wii U may not be at launch but eventually.

foxfacer2d2
Not at launch, I will wait until E3 next year until I see what Sony and MS has in store with their new systems, outside of Pikmin 3 I don't really care for anything coming out for it soon.
#85 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
preordered when i saw it was possible, if i didn't fall asleep, i mightve missed that chance.