Will there ever be another Pokemon stadium?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blaaksheep
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

i understand Nintendo's decision not to release a fully fledged Pokemon game on a home console and i can't ever see it happening. but do you think the Pokemon Stadium franchise will ever return?

i loved the previous Stadiums and how you were able to transfer your gameboy pokemon roster onto the big screen, and that experience of being in an epic tournament, i think if they released a Pokemon stadium for Wii U it would be a massive hit.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

As graphics improve, I think there is less incentive to put it on the console. It was cool seeing your pixelated pokemon rendered in 3D. But now with X and Y looking good in 3D, there is less wow factor for Stadium to impress us with. That's all Stadium had going for it. So as time goes on, the less likely we'll see it happen.

From memory, Stadium to me was always "meh", and it was cool seeing the Pokemon in 3D. But as an entire game dedicated around this mechanic wasn't worth it.

So when I think about it, maybe as a cheap eShop title, it might be cool.

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blaaksheep

@trugs26 said:As graphics improve, I think there is less incentive to put it on the console. It was cool seeing your pixelated pokemon rendered in 3D. But now with X and Y looking good in 3D, there is less wow factor for Stadium to impress us with. That's all Stadium had going for it. So as time goes on, the less likely we'll see it happen.

From memory, Stadium to me was always "meh", and it was cool seeing the Pokemon in 3D. But as an entire game dedicated around this mechanic wasn't worth it.

So when I think about it, maybe as a cheap eShop title, it might be cool.

I disagree, i played Pokemon stadium as a local multiplayer game. so it was a tournament made up of me and my friends. i imagine with online play Pokemon Stadium would be amazing.

Yes playing pokemon stadium without human opponents can get pretty tedious but thats not what i envisioned.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#4 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am more concerned about whether or not there will be a new Pokemon Snap. =P

blaaksheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blaaksheep

@Pierst179: Haha i loved Pokemon Snap, for the sole reason that i could abuse Pokemon with apples

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

wasn't there a little "teaser" in a pokemon trailer a few weeks ago? i remember at the end of the clip they showed two 3d pokemon ready to fight against each other. could be a hint.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Yes there was, it looked more to me like it was close to XD Gale of Darkness with the world mechanic instead of Stadium since the peek showed the battle on a city street.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It's really hard to tell. Now that Pokemon is in 3D, offers a robust online multiplayer and trainer customization, there's not much a Stadium game can offer besides HD and better visuals. The handheld games will still be superior so I'm not sure if I'll consider getting it if it does happen. Especially if it doesn't offer enough content for full price, like PBR.

That Wii U game teaser is definitely peculiar.

It gives me major 3D fighter vibes, and the fact that they're showing arguably the most popular fighting type pokemon and I can't see the trainer behind Blaziken makes me think it's not a Stadium-like game. Trainers were shown behind their pokemon on console games since Colosseum.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I love my Pokémon Stadium 2.

Spent a whole year participating in tournaments with PS2 and Pokémon Gold. Never lost a single match.

The thing got boring when everyone else copied my Pokemons and the fights became a "stun/critical first wins" kind of game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

If it is, I hope it's like Pokemon Stadium on the 64 and not Battle Revolution. Also the security needs to be vamped up for online play. Revolution's security was trash and all you fought online were legendaries although you could never get any online.

Let players customize how they want the online matches to be. In other words, let players create rooms, party rooms, private rooms etc. Match it up by criteria and you're good to go. And for the love of God LET PLAYERS INVITE EACH OTHER.

It makes absolutely no sense why players have difficult times inviting each other to online matches on WiiU.