Will Mario Party 10 have online or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

No online = no buy

I read youtube comments, neogaf, ign. People are saying that if game has no online then nobody is just going to buy game. Why would anyone play Mario Party 10 alone when it has no online to play against friend? lame.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

No online = no buy

I read youtube comments, neogaf, ign. People are saying that if game has no online then nobody is just going to buy game. Why would anyone play Mario Party 10 alone when it has no online to play against friend? lame.

mario party sells really well for nintendo...the true fans wont give a shit about online

the mario party fans buy it regardless.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Mario Party would be terrible online, but I guess with friends it would be more bearable. But seriously, like random matches would be awful because if someone is losing alot, in a long game like mario party most people would probably just quit. That isn't fun. Mario Party has always seemed like a quick cash in for Nintendo and I'd rather keep it that way. Don't waste time adding a mode for no reason. Mario Party is designed to play with family or friends in the room.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@big_mak523 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Mario Party would be terrible online, but I guess with friends it would be more bearable. But seriously, like random matches would be awful because if someone is losing alot, in a long game like mario party most people would probably just quit. That isn't fun. Mario Party has always seemed like a quick cash in for Nintendo and I'd rather keep it that way. Don't waste time adding a mode for no reason. Mario Party is designed to play with family or friends in the room.

So, you saying online play against friend is awful? whats is the point of Mario Kart 8 then? Stop defending Nintendo all the time. Why you copy and paste everything what Nintendo say and put it here? Terrible? If its so terrible then why everyone wants online? You are right now saying that Mario Kart 8 is also terrible.

Look at Just Dance for example. It has online gameplay and its good party game. You really think you invite your friend morning, night, everyday in your home? I don´t think sol

You are saying that Call of Duty and Battlefield is better game offline than online.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Who knows. It isn't due out until 2015. If it does have online play, that will be a good step forward for the franchise(if they do it right). The inclusion won't matter much to me, though. Mario Party, in my opinion, died after Mario Party 4 and Nintendo has never been able to top the N64 games. I want Nintendo to make it good again. Whether it includes online play or not won't pull me back in. Great mini games, maps, and items will. They could opt to do something similar to Mario Kart 8 and remake some old maps, such as Horror Land from Mario Party 2, to stand alongside new ones. If they manage to do all of that, then online play would be the icing on a very nice cake. One can dream...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

This would be the least played online game in history if it had online. I can't take anyone seriously if they wanted online in this game. It simply wouldn't be fun playing a board-game/mini game collection online. These games stay on the shelf until friends come over.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FreedomFreeLife

@trugs26 said:

This would be the least played online game in history if it had online. I can't take anyone seriously if they wanted online in this game. It simply wouldn't be fun playing a board-game/mini game collection online. These games stay on the shelf until friends come over.

and yet mini games are best selling games in Nintendo story, Xbox Live and PSN. Mini games? its a whole game. You can say Battlefield missions are also "mini-games"

So, Nintendo will lose 90% of game sale if they don´t have online.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

and yet mini games are best selling games in Nintendo story, Xbox Live and PSN. Mini games? its a whole game. You can say Battlefield missions are also "mini-games"

They won't.

And it's not like they'll miss a huge sale if you don't buy the game,do you even have a Wii U?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreedomFreeLife

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

They won't.

And it's not like they'll miss a huge sale if you don't buy the game,do you even have a Wii U?

Well, youtube and 758 up vote commend "no online = no buy". Also Its now low rated video.

They will miss a huge sell. Look at nintendo game sells on wii u. yes i have.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

They won't.

Well, youtube and 758 up vote commend "no online = no buy". Also Its now low rated video.

Yes,because those 758 "upvotes" all have Wii Us and won't be buying the game because of that

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FreedomFreeLife

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

They won't.

Yes,because those 758 "upvotes" all have Wii Us and won't be buying the game because of that

Non Wii U owners wouldnt look or care about this game at all... So those are Wii U owners

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

They won't.

Non Wii U owners wouldnt look or care about this game at all... So those are Wii U owners

Oh really?

Just making terrible assumptions,as usual.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Dude relax lol..I said with friends it would be better, but against strangers it would be terrible because a game like Mario Party requires a lot of patience, and I see alot of people quitting towards the end. I'm not defending Nintendo, it just doesn't make sense for this particular game to have online. Why do people come to a Nintendo board and complain about minor things? Is that a trend around here, I'm sort of new?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@big_mak523 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Dude relax lol..I said with friends it would be better, but against strangers it would be terrible because a game like Mario Party requires a lot of patience, and I see alot of people quitting towards the end. I'm not defending Nintendo, it just doesn't make sense for this particular game to have online. Why do people come to a Nintendo board and complain about minor things? Is that a trend around here, I'm sort of new?

No, you did not read. How about playing against friends in ONLINE??? Xbox One and PS4 has multiplayer online games that allows play against friends in online(its been like that last 10 years) and Nintendo can´t even make online...

There are so many games that requires a lot of patience and still game works. Have you played Fortune Street? This game is like Mario Party but more fun and longer... and guess what... IT WORKED VERY WELL!!!

You are saying to buy Call of Duty to play against bot but not against online players. I played a lot games that takes more than 1 hour, a lot patience and never had problem with rage quiters or leavers.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX

Mario Party has always been about local co-op and considering Mario Party 8 sold over 7 millions and didn't have online,pretty sure it's not a big deal if FreedomFreeLife and the 758 "upvoters" on youtube won't buy the game

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Im going to play this game with friends, not with strangers. Since the game is focused on couch fun :)

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FreedomFreeLife

@MonsieurX said:

Mario Party has always been about local co-op and considering Mario Party 8 sold over 7 millions and didn't have online,pretty sure it's not a big deal if FreedomFreeLife and the 758 "upvoters" on youtube won't buy the game

Mario Kart sold 34 million on Wii, 1 million on Wii U

Mario Party 8 was bundle version. People gave a chance but not anymore. Again, you never played Fortune Street. This game proves that online works very well.

@SoAmazingBaby said:

Im going to play this game with friends, not with strangers. Since the game is focused on couch fun :)

So, you going to invite friends everyday? I don´t think so. Couch fun is online version like all games(you blind or something???)

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: I don't have a Wiiu, but like someone here said, if someone is losing in the game, it's likely they will quit, so this makes wifi not very useful.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@hydralisk86 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: I don't have a Wiiu, but like someone here said, if someone is losing in the game, it's likely they will quit, so this makes wifi not very useful.

You ignoring facts. I played a lot games, they not quit!!!

Its another lie. They say what Nintendo says. When Nintendo says that Wii U does not need 3rd party support, then those users says same thing that Wii U does not need 3rd party support...

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@hydralisk86 said:

Its another lie. They say what Nintendo says. When Nintendo says that Wii U does not need 3rd party support, then those users says same thing that Wii U does not need 3rd party support...

And you see people post like that? i doubt that is true. i don't spend 100% of my time on gamespot Ninendo forums, but i don't think i remember hearing people just saying what Nintendo says.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

This game having online play or not will have little to no effect on it's sales. Saying X amount of people online won't buy this game because of X factor is a very small percentage of the real world. Would having online play on this game mean it would be great sales? Hard to say really, the sales will most likely come down to how much of a difference this version is over the previous iterations.The sales will come down to how well it is marketed and not if it has online play.

Also trying to compare this to Mario Kart 8 is just stupid. Mario Kart is a game you can pick up and play online for a few rounds but Mario Mario Party games tend to last quite some time. And don't play the I am trying to defend Nintendo as I am not, as I can see that maybe having online play for the mini games instead of the full game should be there but not really for a full game. I will buy this game either way, as I have always enjoyed the Mario Party series with friends and family.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@trugs26 said:

1. What is Nintendo story?

2. Battlefield isn't a mini-game collection. Do you even know what a mini-game collection is? It's a game with a set of very small game modes that last seconds up to minutes max.

3. Stop making up statistics. Xbox Live or PSN top selling games aren't mini-games.

Top 10 Xbox Live:

• Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  • Castle Crashers
  • Family Game Night
  • UNO
  • Pinball FX 2
  • Trials HD
  • Battlefield 1943
  • Magic: The Gathering
  • Doritos Crash Course
  • Worms

NONE of those are mini-games. The closest thing is Hasbro's Family Game Night, which is actually a set of 7 board games (to clarify; these aren't "few seconds" game collections).

PSN (for the most recent month):

• Infamous: Second Son
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • Awesomenauts Assemble!
  • Thief
  • Fez
  • TowerFall Ascension
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Outlast
  • Strider

And each month prior is the same sort of games. None of them are mini-game collections.

4. "90% of game sales" because you had a great sample of the population, the comments section of articles and videos. Yes, that's reliable, it's not like fan boys reside in those areas at all. Another bogus statistic.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreedomFreeLife

@hydralisk86 said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@hydralisk86 said:

And you see people post like that? i doubt that is true. i don't spend 100% of my time on gamespot Ninendo forums, but i don't think i remember hearing people just saying what Nintendo says.

Difference of (Sony, Microsoft)and Nintendo fanboys is...

When people don´t agree with something, they simply not buy or protest and company has no other choice than to do what people want.

For example:

Case 1:

Microsoft: Xbox One will have DRM

People: No no no !!! We don´t want DRM. DRM = no buy

Microsoft: Alright. Xbox One is DRM free

Case 2:

Sony: We give you 2 free games everytime with Playstation Plus every month.

People: No no no !!! Great but we want more free games with Playstation Plus every month.

Sony: Alright. We give more than 2 free games with Playstation Plus

Case 3:

Microsoft: Games with Gold, you get only Xbox 360 games

People: What??? No!!! Where are Xbox One free games? Make this happen!!!

Microsoft: Alright. Games with Gold, you get also Xbox One games

NOW NINTENDO CASE: 1

People: Nintendo, please make some online games.

Nintendo: We don´t care. We don´t need any online games

People: Alright. Nintendo is right. We don´t need any online games like PS4 and Xbox One owners. They are stupid console owners

NOW NINTENDO CASE: 2

People: Lack of 3rd party games is bad. Make more 3rd party games. I wanna play different games

Nintendo: No! Wii U console is great with exclusive games. No need 3rd party games.

People: Alright. Nintendo is right. We don´t need any stupid Xbox One or PS4 3rd party games. We have exclusives.

I see this all the time. Same thing about online, 3rd party games, graphics and stuff like that. They say what Nintendo says. Looks like Nintendo users are brainwashed, paid off or just... fanboys who agrees with everything that Nintendo says and says what Nintendo says to them.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

Mario Kart sold 34 million on Wii, 1 million on Wii U

Mario Party 8 was bundle version. People gave a chance but not anymore. Again, you never played Fortune Street. This game proves that online works very well.

Not remotely sure why you compare MK7 to MK8, considering the huge install base difference. And MK8 is currently selling faster than MK7, even with the smaller install base.

And nobody cares about Fortune Street

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I agree with the people who are saying that online won't affect sales. The mini-games might be fun to play with online, but the boards would be awful. People would be quitting left and right, and if communication errors are as bad as they are in Mario Kart 8 then no one would be able to even finish a game.

I'll probably still get this but I'm not too excited about the car mechanic returning. Never played 9 but the car thing doesn't look fun at all. =/

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Online might work for just the minigames themselves, but definitely not when the board parts come to play. This type of game doesn't really need online MP, it much more suited for local.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@KBFloYd: I have every NUMBERED Mario Party Game, 1-9. MP 10 is absolute GARBAGE its 100 steps in the wrong direction. Need to go back to the classic formula, watch the Treehouse Gameplay...its so terrible.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FreedomFreeLife

@Aquat1cF1sh said:

I agree with the people who are saying that online won't affect sales. The mini-games might be fun to play with online, but the boards would be awful. People would be quitting left and right, and if communication errors are as bad as they are in Mario Kart 8 then no one would be able to even finish a game.

I'll probably still get this but I'm not too excited about the car mechanic returning. Never played 9 but the car thing doesn't look fun at all. =/

Did you even read???

Fortune Street is boards game and it WORKS FINE ONLINE!!!!(I PLAYED A LOT BOARDS GAMES ONLINE AND NOBODY IS RAGE QUIT).

STOP COPY AND PASTE INFO WHEN YOU NEVER PLAYED GAMES

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@big_mak523 said:

So, you saying online play against friend is awful? whats is the point of Mario Kart 8 then? Stop defending Nintendo all the time. Why you copy and paste everything what Nintendo say and put it here? Terrible? If its so terrible then why everyone wants online? You are right now saying that Mario Kart 8 is also terrible.

Look at Just Dance for example. It has online gameplay and its good party game. You really think you invite your friend morning, night, everyday in your home? I don´t think sol

You are saying that Call of Duty and Battlefield is better game offline than online.

No. That's not what's being said Freedom. You're assuming a lot of things and not looking at the whole picture. Mario Party would be a travesty online, but that doesn't mean people who think so believe no games should be online.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@KBFloYd: I have every NUMBERED Mario Party Game, 1-9. MP 10 is absolute GARBAGE its 100 steps in the wrong direction. Need to go back to the classic formula, watch the Treehouse Gameplay...its so terrible.

really?

its strange that they changed it...

ill check out the video.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think Nintendo should include online play. I doubt I get the game, regardless, though.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think so.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

This game has always been local couch mayhem and alcohol party friendly, I don't think they're too worried about online.

Besides, the other issue is the splitsecond reaction times required for many games which could get a little muddy with online play...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

Well, I am willing to play Super Mario 3D World alone if I get a Wii U, but I do not know about Mario Party 10; Nintendo needs to get it together, but I like what they have decided to do lately.

dirtymangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dirtymangle
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

It seriously need to have online.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#37  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I understand the logic of not having online for board gameplay. Those matches are too long and would not work online.

However, I really think they should invest in an online mini-game mode.

sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts

It should have online. sure there is the worry that games are too long, but I would set up games with people I know and we could use voice chat.

XxBloodymarexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XxBloodymarexX
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I totally aggre with not buying mario party if it hasnt got online mode cuz they r just wasting time when every1 dat owns a wii u could play online with their friends, if ragequit would be the problem then simple solution is replace the quitter with a cpu player like mobile card games.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Nintendo has some of the best co-op games, they really need to provide an online option for their games.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

MP games are shit, just watch the Giantbomb stream of them.. somehow they're even worse now with the cart bullshit.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

@xxbloodymarexx: why did you bump a seven-month old thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Locking thread necro